Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366355)

TheGrasshopper 03-29-2007 11:17 PM

Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East

[ QUOTE ]
Magically? Phillies were better last year and are really young so most likely improving, and added starting pitching, their problem from last year.

In short, you are a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheGrasshopper 03-29-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) the braves rotation is better
2) the braves bullpen is better
3) the braves outfield is better (hugely so in center and right)
4) the braves depth is better
5) the phillies infield is better (3b huge advantage braves, 1b huge advantage phils, 2b huge advantage phils, SS slight advantage to phils, but not much)
6) the braves catcher is light years better

tell me where you see Philly being better?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Only a tool who thinks the Braves still have their mid 90s rotation.
2. I'll agree to that.
3. Partially right.Andruw Jones is a lot better than Rowand.Right is debatable. Victorino is solid. Francouer has potential but needs to show it for a whole
4. Whatever you say.

The Braves have potential to be a solid squad and win the division. Its just laughable that some of you are writing off a team that finished better and had the best record after the All Star break with a different squad that will take the field for the whole year.

cmstaab 03-30-2007 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) the braves rotation is better
2) the braves bullpen is better
3) the braves outfield is better (hugely so in center and right)
4) the braves depth is better
5) the phillies infield is better (3b huge advantage braves, 1b huge advantage phils, 2b huge advantage phils, SS slight advantage to phils, but not much)
6) the braves catcher is light years better

tell me where you see Philly being better?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Only a tool who thinks the Braves still have their mid 90s rotation.
2. I'll agree to that.
3. Partially right.Andruw Jones is a lot better than Rowand.Right is debatable. Victorino is solid. Francouer has potential but needs to show it for a whole
4. Whatever you say.

The Braves have potential to be a solid squad and win the division. Its just laughable that some of you are writing off a team that finished better and had the best record after the All Star break with a different squad that will take the field for the whole year.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you lost me here

Jack of Arcades 03-30-2007 12:12 AM

You guys realize that Jeff Francoeur isn't that great, right? He's got a hell of a glove though.

TruFloridaGator 03-30-2007 12:12 AM

Christ, no one is writing off the Phillies. The season hasn't started yet. It's the Braves' thread for a reason.

danvh 03-30-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Tim Hudson is going to have a great year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read this entire thread hoping someone would say this. Fantasy baseball is fun

RedBean 03-30-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you Braves historians remember the Barker-Butler trade? Didn't it actually happen in the course of the season but wasn't to take effect until the following campaign? Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

October 21, 1983: Sent by the Atlanta Braves to the Cleveland Indians to complete an earlier deal made on August 28, 1983. The Atlanta Braves sent players to be named later and $150,000 to the Cleveland Indians for Len Barker. The Atlanta Braves sent Rick Behenna (September 2, 1983), Brett Butler (October 21, 1983), and Brook Jacoby (October 21, 1983) to the Cleveland Indians to complete the trade.

Braves' owner Ted Turner, who was a huge fan of Butler's tried to negate this deal a few day after it was announced, and tried to remove Butler from the swap, to no avail. Cleveland manager Pat Corrales said of the trade:

"When [GM] Phil Seghi first mentioned to me that Butler was coming here, I didn't believe Atlanta would be willing to give him up."

from: http://www.thebaseballpage.com/players/butlebr01.php

CrazyPsycho 04-02-2007 04:09 PM

Well, that was a gutcheck win to start the season. Renteria came up huge today, and the bullpen had four scoreless innings. Don't know how many of these my heart can take however.

Jack of Arcades 04-02-2007 04:15 PM

This is exactly the kind of game that the Braves wouldn't win last year. WOW at the bullpen. They had some control problems but we haven't seen that kinda heat since Smoltzie. I'm so glad we're not relying on double play balls to get out of jams anymore.

Ralph Wiggum 04-02-2007 04:35 PM

Braves rule again! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Phillies.

RacersEdge 04-02-2007 04:50 PM

Interesting comment on Sirius today - the Braves today are polar opposite of the dominant teams of the 90's - today (supposedly) = very good pen, very good hitting, questionable starting pitching.

Pen looked good in the box score anyway.

PokerFink 04-02-2007 04:54 PM

The first guy they brought in (Gonzalez?) had some filthy stuff today. He's going to be invaluable for you guys against Howard and Utley.

Get ready for a lot of tight Braves/Phillies games this year ya'll. Looking foward to Wednesday =)

leehrat 04-02-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Tim Hudson is going to have a great year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read this entire thread hoping someone would say this. Fantasy baseball is fun

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bank on it, but I hope so. That frail body's going to have problems holding up now that he's 30+.

Go Braves!!

leehrat 04-02-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Redman:
http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fb...58563_3979.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a pretty bad pitcher so I'm not sure he'd have anything to do with our resurgence this year.

TruFloridaGator 04-02-2007 05:47 PM

Yeah Bravos!!!!!!!!!

mmbt0ne 04-02-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the kind of game that the Braves wouldn't win last year. WOW at the bullpen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kept waiting for them to lose. Especially after 2nd/3rd no outs. But goddamn.

Also, no streaming media at work so I had to refresh the play-by-play on espn. That sucked and made me like 8 times more nervous.

Jack of Arcades 04-02-2007 06:04 PM

You think that sucks? I was able to watch the first 9 innings, then I had to go to class and check to score.

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 09:12 PM

omgz, Hudson 2 hits & 4 BB over 7 & we're losing 1-0. Puke @ Chipper & Druw so far.

PokerFink 04-04-2007 09:13 PM

Get used to it. Cole Hamels is nasty.

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrogant much? We'll see. Obviously he has sick potential, but yea I am not watching the game, so I haven't seen how its gone down. GG for him!!!! Oh yea, find the Phillies thread! Tim Hudson's performance is important for the Braves.

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Philly bullpen isn't.

PokerFink 04-04-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they are. It's just a different type of nasty.

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they are. It's just a different type of nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, you're right.

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 09:40 PM

Wow, I love our pen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JupiterUWG 04-04-2007 09:58 PM

yep, looking like maybe the shoe will be on the other foot in terms of bullpen this year, if we had this bullpen last year, we wouldve won at least 10 more games

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yep, looking like maybe the shoe will be on the other foot in terms of bullpen this year, if we had this bullpen last year, we wouldve won at least 10 more games

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why my prediction isn't bad. BTW, the game thread is the phills thread right now.

TruFloridaGator 04-04-2007 10:30 PM

Thorman ftw!!!

livin_a_lie 04-04-2007 10:32 PM

My god I love the braves!!!!

What makes these wins even better is the fact that the entire city of philadelphia is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are.

RacersEdge 04-05-2007 12:55 AM

Damn, shut this off in the 8th when Philly went up 2-0. McCann is the man. Good to see Hudson with a good outing too.

Homer 04-05-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What makes these wins even better is the fact that the entire city of philadelphia is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the [censored] are you talking about? Philly fans are pretty much down on their teams 100% of the time. Kill yourself.

livin_a_lie 04-05-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the [censored] are you talking about? Philly fans are pretty much down on their teams 100% of the time. Kill yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? OK, they're down on themselves all the time, that gives them the right to be douche bags?

It's widely known that eagle's fans are the biggest [censored] in the NFL. Not surprisingly, this carries over to baseball. Sorry I hurt your little feelings, but thanks for proving my point. I love the fact that Philadelphia fans talk so much [censored] to other teams/fans and do nothing but lose all of the time.

Homer 04-05-2007 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? OK, they're down on themselves all the time, that gives them the right to be douche bags?

It's widely known that eagle's fans are the biggest [censored] in the NFL. Not surprisingly, this carries over to baseball. Sorry I hurt your little feelings, but thanks for proving my point. I love the fact that Philadelphia fans talk so much [censored] to other teams/fans and do nothing but lose all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically trashed an entire city of people in this thread unprompted, yet you say that I am proving your point. Look around, no one talked [censored] to you in this thread. You are nuts, bro.

How would you feel if someone randomly said that "Atlanta is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are." This is just sports, no need to trash a city's people out of nowhere.

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically trashed an entire city of people in this thread unprompted, yet you say that I am proving your point. Look around, no one talked [censored] to you in this thread. You are nuts, bro.

How would you feel if someone randomly said that "Atlanta is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are." This is just sports, no need to trash a city's people out of nowhere unless it's Philadelphia

[/ QUOTE ]

Chucky is on the mound today, 3:05 on TBS! I have to hurry back from class.

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 03:09 PM

Sweep um, Bravos!

Kelly Johnson, 0-10 to start the season leading off..ugh

livin_a_lie 04-05-2007 03:17 PM

Brian McCann could have me if he wanted.

2-0!

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 03:17 PM

Heep for MVP!!!

Sluss 04-05-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2-0!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad McCann is on my fantasy team or I would have to kill him.

With these two starting pitchers, my guess is we get a much higher scoring game today.

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2-0!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad McCann is on my fantasy team or I would have to kill him.

With these two starting pitchers, my guess is we get a much higher scoring game today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only Chucky James is a lot better.

livin_a_lie 04-05-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kelly Johnson, 0-10 to start the season leading off..ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Found him!

4-1!

Jack of Arcades 04-05-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]