Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   500k VPP mark reached (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357050)

DerrtySlime 03-17-2007 02:57 PM

Re: 500k VPP mark reached

LOL

Desdia01 03-17-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spacegravy,

that's not the case. everytime someone makes an accomplishment desdia comes in to argue that it's much more impressive to be a winning $5NL player, and that real poker players play cash because SNGs are dumb, or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, citanul, you think it's more impressive to be a winning $5NL player. I've never compared the two. Real players and better players do play cash and SNGs are not dumb (I still play them from time to time). I just think labeling someone top 10 in the world playing SNGs when their either hugely negative or barely winning on PS (as opposed to other sites) is lame. I've always felt this way.

Desdia01 03-17-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only 2,500,000 more for the Porshe. Should take you about another year and a half. The Aston at 5mil, out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are so wrong. Supernovas get 3.5 fpps per vpp.

Once he hits 1 million vpps (which should be sometime in may or june) he'll get 5 fpps per vpp.

Joey will be easily get the Aston, and is a solid bet to get more than one this year.

You suck at hating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it took him 6 months to get 500K and the games don't run as often as they used to, do you realistically think he's gonna get 2.5 mil more by May or June? Get real. And 5 mil for an Aston Martin. Doesn't even seem much worth it. None of this has anything to do with hating. I frankly don't care if he makes it or not; it doesn't benefit me in anyway so whatever. Shouldn't this be in BBV anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna make "DesBlows" my custom license plate on the 3rd aston martin i get this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you was a funboy.

Pudge714 03-17-2007 03:26 PM

Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

bigj0e03 03-17-2007 03:29 PM

I will play you HU on any amount of tables you want at any buy in you want. As long as its at least 25-50 (I dont want to waste my time). How about we 4 table. One HU 5k sng, One 25-50 PLO table, one 25-50 NL holdem, and one game of your choice? thoughts...

Desdia01 03-17-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, players like Z32, Newt_Buggs, and FieryJ (although I like Jon) or even TravestyFund. I never said bigjoe. You heard alot of jawing from Party players about how good they were but when they switched over to Stars and the Partyfish they didn't follow, you can see the results. Best to me means great on every site, against great opponents, and in every type of structure from reg/winnertakeallsat/6man/HU, etc.

Desdia01 03-17-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will play you HU on any amount of tables you want at any buy in you want. As long as its at least 25-50 (I dont want to waste my time). How about we 4 table. One HU 5k sng, One 25-50 PLO table, one 25-50 NL holdem, and one game of your choice? thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very dumb, those are my thoughts. You have nothing to prove to me, nor do you need my stamp of approval. There are plenty of folks around here to carry your jockstrap; I've never been one of them. BTW, I doubt very seriously you'll get close to getting three Astons and you're gonna damn near pop out your eyeballs just trying to get one. GL though, I'll still think it's a ripoff that's not even worth it.

NU Star 03-17-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am currently lobbying stars to create another VIP elite rank called BigjoeNova that takes 2million VPPs a year to achieve.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pudge714 03-17-2007 03:55 PM

Des,
I notice all the Stars regulars are killing the games as well.
Sharkscope Rain,Elky, GuiGui, Shepstar, etc. etc.

Joe Tex 03-17-2007 04:17 PM

totally sick. Congrats

ManChild 03-17-2007 04:28 PM

joe,
ill carry your jockstrap
that is all

snootchie bootchies

Desdia01 03-17-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Des,

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you also notice you don't hear people calling them top 10 in the world, too.

Better Than U 03-17-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Des,
Sharkscope Elky

[/ QUOTE ]-$68k...wtg.

Pudge714 03-17-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Des,

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you also notice you don't hear people calling them top 10 in the world, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously you have never been to P5s.
Anyway, obviously you are an idiot so I don't know why I'm continuing this conversation, but if I won $100k at the $114-225s and lost $100k at the $1ks would that mean I suck at sngs?

Lord_Strife 03-17-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's great bigjoe, but when was the last time you won an MTT? Did you win one today? Yeah...that's what I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet he's crying all the way to spearmint rhino in his Aston Martin about not winning at MTT today.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one LITERALLY made my almost fall out of my chair in laughter. Wow, nice post.

bones 03-17-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, players like Z32, Newt_Buggs, and FieryJ (although I like Jon) or even TravestyFund. I never said bigjoe. You heard alot of jawing from Party players about how good they were but when they switched over to Stars and the Partyfish they didn't follow, you can see the results. Best to me means great on every site, against great opponents, and in every type of structure from reg/winnertakeallsat/6man/HU, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Des, who do you think the best sng players are?

Hint: this ia a trick question because you play $3 sngs and have never played against a single decent player in your life and have no frame of reference other than (lol) railbirding.

All of the players you've listed have made more money at sngs and understand more concepts than you can even fathom.

bigj0e03 03-17-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: this ia a trick question because you play $3 sngs and have never played against a single decent player in your life and have no frame of reference other than (lol) railbirding.

All of the players you've listed have made more money at sngs and understand more concepts than you can even fathom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh, you've awakened bones, prepare to be pwned

NU Star 03-17-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback on Party > FPPs

[/ QUOTE ]

What's supernova elite...like 45% rakeback?

terrellk11 03-17-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very dumb, those are my thoughts. You have nothing to prove to me, nor do you need my stamp of approval. There are plenty of folks around here to carry your jockstrap; I've never been one of them. BTW, I doubt very seriously you'll get close to getting three Astons and you're gonna damn near pop out your eyeballs just trying to get one. GL though, I'll still think it's a ripoff that's not even worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's do a quick lesson in basic mathematics:

Joe = Supernova
Supernova = 3.5 FPP per 1 VPP
Joe has 500,000 VPP this year
500,000 VPP = 1,750,000 VPP

At his current rate, he'll hit Elite by midyear (a little sooner, but we'll keep the math simple).

So by end of June, he'll have 3.5 million fpp.

Then he is elite and gets 5 fpp per 1 vpp, meaning that the same pace would net him 5 million fpp for the second half of the year.

3.5 million plus 5.0 million = 8.5 million = Porcsche + Aston Martin

terrellk11 03-17-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback on Party > FPPs

[/ QUOTE ]

What's supernova elite...like 45% rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a sng player, it works out to a little over 60% (figured it out exactly at one point but I'm not sure where the numbers are).

citanul 03-17-2007 08:41 PM

Desdia,

If the 5 best sng players in the world play on stars and all break even, they'd still be the 5 best sng players in the world. It may or may not be the case that at the 1k sngs in a field full of the regulars, the best player at the table would have a long run 1% or 0% roi. This is in part because the 2nd - 9th best guys aren't bad.

As for the rest of your post:

1) i've never given my opinion of what a winning $5nl player is in relation to anything else

2) i'm pretty sure you have compared the two

3) the best players in the world do currently play cash. however you will note that on nbc you can watch ivey and antonius playing a stt. must mean the best players in the world play stts.

4) labeling someone as the best in the world just means they are the best. it has nothing to do with the amount of money they are making. the fact is that if you put a worse player in the same chair and dealt them the same cards, they would do worse. that's a more acceptable definition of "best player," over the long run.

as to your response to someone else,

no, best doesn't mean "great on every site, every format, etc" - as pointed out earlier in this post, it's impossible to mean that. does the best 25/50 nl player necessarilly outright destroy a table full of the 8 next best 25/50 nl players? no. also, saying that a great stt player has to be able to be great at 6man, or hu stts is also stupid. there's plenty of very, very good cash pros who will not play hu matches, that doesn't make them not great players unless you use some arbitrarilly stupid definition of "great."

as for comments from some other moron,

who gives a crap about anything about party?

as for guy calculating joe's rates: i'd guess it's unlikely that joe hits a million points by mid/end june, but who knows, things could change.

i don't know joe's play schedule, but i honestly think that if it weren't for the sick rakeback benefits he wouldn't be playing stts at the moment.

wpr101 03-17-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a moron.

Desdia01 03-17-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like, "tight early, push late"? Hah! You're also looking at a predominately younger than 25 year-old crowd, in or barely out of college, with no family to provide for and no real responsibilities to contend with and who have alot of disposable freetime on their hands. It's no doubt in my mind that, giving more time in my schedule (I barely play more than 4 good hours a week) and less responsibilities, I'd be better than everybody I listed, including bigjoe.

Green Kool Aid 03-17-2007 09:49 PM

Desdia,

You have kids??

Desdia01 03-17-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Des,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously you have never been to P5s.
Anyway, obviously you are an idiot so I don't know why I'm continuing this conversation, but if I won $100k at the $114-225s and lost $100k at the $1ks would that mean I suck at sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it just means you're breakeven, which definitely isn't top 10. It also shows you had no business playing $1Ks.

tozzy 03-17-2007 09:50 PM

oh this is gonna be good.

Desdia01 03-17-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

If the 5 best sng players in the world play on stars and all break even, they'd still be the 5 best sng players in the world. It may or may not be the case that at the 1k sngs in a field full of the regulars, the best player at the table would have a long run 1% or 0% roi. This is in part because the 2nd - 9th best guys aren't bad.

As for the rest of your post:

1) i've never given my opinion of what a winning $5nl player is in relation to anything else

2) i'm pretty sure you have compared the two

3) the best players in the world do currently play cash. however you will note that on nbc you can watch ivey and antonius playing a stt. must mean the best players in the world play stts.

4) labeling someone as the best in the world just means they are the best. it has nothing to do with the amount of money they are making. the fact is that if you put a worse player in the same chair and dealt them the same cards, they would do worse. that's a more acceptable definition of "best player," over the long run.

as to your response to someone else,

no, best doesn't mean "great on every site, every format, etc" - as pointed out earlier in this post, it's impossible to mean that. does the best 25/50 nl player necessarilly outright destroy a table full of the 8 next best 25/50 nl players? no. also, saying that a great stt player has to be able to be great at 6man, or hu stts is also stupid. there's plenty of very, very good cash pros who will not play hu matches, that doesn't make them not great players unless you use some arbitrarilly stupid definition of "great."

as for comments from some other moron,

who gives a crap about anything about party?

as for guy calculating joe's rates: i'd guess it's unlikely that joe hits a million points by mid/end june, but who knows, things could change.

i don't know joe's play schedule, but i honestly think that if it weren't for the sick rakeback benefits he wouldn't be playing stts at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You put alot of thought into this one, didn't you, cit? I am now cheesing like Velveeta.

rvg72 03-17-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like, "tight early, push late"? Hah! You're also looking at a predominately younger than 25 year-old crowd, in or barely out of college, with no family to provide for and no real responsibilities to contend with and who have alot of disposable freetime on their hands. It's no doubt in my mind that, giving more time in my schedule (I barely play more than 4 good hours a week) and less responsibilities, I'd be better than everybody I listed, including bigjoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight Risk is back! Let the comedy commence.

rvg

Desdia01 03-17-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

You have kids??

[/ QUOTE ]

And nephews, and nieces, and big time responsibilitites. I don't have time to play 3000 SNGs a month (chasing leaderboard points), devote hours to mastering ICM or ranges in SNGPT, or be on 2+2 all day. I've been playing SNGs since late 2003. If you add up all the time I've played since then, it probably equals less than a year of grinding by bigjoe. Trust me, if I had the kind of time on my hands that these guys do, it's no doubt in my mind that I'd be better than all of them.

DuderinoAB 03-17-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

You have kids??

[/ QUOTE ]

And nephews, and nieces, and big time responsibilitites. I don't have time to play 3000 SNGs a month (chasing leaderboard points), devote hours to mastering ICM or ranges in SNGPT, or be on 2+2 all day. I've been playing SNGs since late 2003. If you add up all the time I've played since then, it probably equals less than a year of grinding by bigjoe. Trust me, if I had the kind of time on my hands that these guys do, it's no doubt in my mind that I'd be better than all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then turn pro, have 40 hours a week to spend studying/grinding, and get better than everyone else. This isn't complicated. Surely joe is making more per hour than you are. Your arguments just don't add up.

Desdia01 03-17-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

You have kids??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then turn pro, have 40 hours a week to spend studying/grinding, and get better than everyone else. This isn't complicated. Surely joe is making more per hour than you are. Your arguments just don't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does add up when you have a family to consider and think about. Most of the shipithollaballa guys and others are young and don't have much to think about other than themselves. I don't have the bankroll, nor confidence in the hypocritical U.S. government, to just delve into pushing 40 hours a week playing SNGs online. I'd need at least a good 6+ months of savings to sustain my household to the point getting to a level where I could rely on poker for a living. Even if I did, cash games have shown me the light. My style of play is very tricky, tight-loose aggressive and it feels more at home in NL cash games than SNGs. I like postflop poker too much to focus on becoming the best SNG player in the world or even in the top 10.

Pudge714 03-17-2007 10:36 PM

Desdia,
What is your real job?

If your style of tight-loose aggressive poker is so good, why don't you play Joey HU?

If you could be the best SNG player in the world are all the hands you posted jokes? Or is your thinking too high for me or Joey to comprehend.

Do you disagree with citanuls post or are you too lazy to refute it?

Velocity 03-17-2007 10:41 PM

since this thread is pretty much off the wagon anyways I thought another hijack would be fine. Desdia's last post about family made me think of Dali being a pretty good poker player with a family. Speaking of daliman, i'm hoping you read this thread and follow my instructions.

1. Put DVD of karaoke in december in drive of computer
2. Move the files from the dvd to your hard drive
3. Go to www.youtube.com and sign up for an account
4. Go to my account page on youtube and select upload new video
5. Select karaoke files as the ones to upload
6. PM FutureDoc ransoming off the link
7. ????????
8. Profit

Desdia01 03-17-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
What is your real job?

If your style of tight-loose aggressive poker is so good, why don't you play Joey HU?

If you could be the best SNG player in the world are all the hands you posted jokes? Or is your thinking too high for me or Joey to comprehend.

Do you disagree with citanuls post or are you too lazy to refute it?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Home mortgage collector for Wells Fargo.

2. Don't have the bankroll nor the experience playing HU. I also can't stand HU, unless we're the last two in a 50-30-20 payout.

3. Are you on crack or have you just not been paying attention? I barely play 4 good hours a week, if that, I haven't played higher than a $27, and joey has probably played more poker/SNGs over the past year than I have sense 2003. If this is what you've used to come to a conclusion that I've been bullshitting with my hand posts or that my thinking comes even close to something you and joey can't comprehend, then I need some of that good T-DOT purple kush you smoking.

4. I'm too lazy to refute citanul's post. Besides, it looks like he tried very hard on it and I lack the motivation to try and trump that kind of effort.

bigj0e03 03-17-2007 11:06 PM

haha, im seriously goign to make the license plate "desblows"

Desdia01 03-17-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since this thread is pretty much off the wagon anyways I thought another hijack would be fine. Desdia's last post about family made me think of Dali being a pretty good poker player with a family. Speaking of daliman, i'm hoping you read this thread and follow my instructions.

1. Put DVD of karaoke in december in drive of computer
2. Move the files from the dvd to your hard drive
3. Go to www.youtube.com and sign up for an account
4. Go to my account page on youtube and select upload new video
5. Select karaoke files as the ones to upload
6. PM FutureDoc ransoming off the link
7. ????????
8. Profit

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't compare Dali's expereince to mine. In 2004, he was playing $215 SNGs on Party; I had just discovered the $5.50s on Stars. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a stay-at-home-dad for awhile with a wife who made enough to allow him to play poker from home and take care of the kids? I haven't had that luxury, so again, no comparison.

1-7: Huh?

Josem 03-17-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My style of play is very tricky, tight-loose aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Desdia is now the first person on 2p2 that i've ever set to ignore.

i'm curious whether i will still get emailed posts by desdia in threads i've set as favourites.

Desdia01 03-17-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another example of TOO MUCH FREETIME AND NOT ENOUGH RESPONSIBILITY. Maybe when you get older, you'll see how lame your behavior is.

xPeru 03-17-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned!

Well done Joe, impresses the sh*t out of me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Desdia01 03-17-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned!

Well done Joe, impresses the sh*t out of me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That must not take very much. I hope you got a free HH review out of this one.