Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329387)

ojc02 02-22-2007 02:55 AM

Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

Oh man, so many memories.

In no particular order:

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a cell!! Seeing Mankinds teeth poking thru his face was a bit disturbing tho. Man, that guy is crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brett Hart vs HBK where they actually screwed HBK and gave the title to Brett and HBK flipped out and punched Vince.

The Undertaker choke slamming Shane-o-mac through the announcers table from the top rope. Meh, I'm partial cos I was there. Indicently, I loved the mean-street-posse concept [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh so many more, shame it jumped the skark. Hmm, has the phrase "jumped the shark" jumped the shark yet?

Kamakaze22 02-22-2007 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brett Hart vs HBK where they actually screwed HBK and gave the title to Brett and HBK flipped out and punched Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was the other way around, yo. But, yeah, this whole fued was great.

Dynasty 02-22-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can it be a great memory if you can't even remember the basic facts?

Was Bret punching Vince shown anywhere other than Wrestling with Shadows?

littlekeed 02-22-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can it be a great memory if you can't even remember the basic facts?

Was Bret punching Vince shown anywhere other than Wrestling with Shadows?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if I was the only American that rooted for Bret during the America vs Canada feud? IMHO, this is one of the worst moments in WWF history. After an 11 year relationship with each other, Vince still couldn't trust Bret to forfeit the title the next night on Raw? Then they could have done something sweet like put the title on the line in the Royal Rumble match (as in 1992). Bret was foolish though. No way he should have allowed himself to be put into a submission hold.

govman6767 02-23-2007 02:09 AM

Piper's pit interview with Morton Downey Jr when he kept blowing cigarette smoke in pipers face and finally piper had enough and used the fire extinguser on JR.

Also the shane vs vince match when shane jumped the entire length of the ring and smashed the tin trash can into vinces head.

Shane also fell from like 100000 feet which was amazing.

Those all all good moments.

My fav match is Hogan vs The Iraqi Sgt. Slaughter.

God bless the USA

ojc02 02-23-2007 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i did get that totally the wrong way 'round. oops [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I have worked in an Alzheimer's Lab, so every time something like this happens I worry a little [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

recipro 02-23-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if I was the only American that rooted for Bret during the America vs Canada feud? IMHO, this is one of the worst moments in WWF history. After an 11 year relationship with each other, Vince still couldn't trust Bret to forfeit the title the next night on Raw? Then they could have done something sweet like put the title on the line in the Royal Rumble match (as in 1992). Bret was foolish though. No way he should have allowed himself to be put into a submission hold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I was a Canadian kid rooting for Michaels if that helps. I've always been a huge Michaels mark, since he first went solo. (Probably would have been before that too, but I'm too young to remember much prior to him kicking Janetty through the glass.)

Also, Bret was selfish not to want to drop the title in Canada. His ego got in the way of business. It isn't as if the show was actually in Calgary or something, Montreal isn't anywhere near his hometown, and fans deserve to see clean title changes when possible, not guys laying down the belt the next day.

Dynasty 02-23-2007 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My fav match is Hogan vs The Iraqi Sgt. Slaughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ker/wtf2rc.gif

Serious Business 02-23-2007 06:38 AM

WM 7 main event. Not sure why that would be anyones fav. match/moment though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

govman6767 02-23-2007 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WM 7 main event. Not sure why that would be anyones fav. match/moment though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When hogan dropped the big leg on the Sarge it was just like America dropping the big leg on Iraq. On that day I knew just how proud to be an American I was.

As far as a series of matches go my fav were the old 80's and early 90's matches on weekend mornings. Iron Mike Sharpe would fight every weekend over and over. He was by far the funniest wrestler of all time. I think he set the bar for how some of the heel's act today.

Fishmonger 02-23-2007 07:07 PM

Not realy a moment but I loved the Benoit/Booker T Best-of-7 Series of matches back in WCW. Not many wrestlers I could watch fight each other week in week out and still be not just interested, but enthralled. Two legends in the making.

Dynasty 02-23-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When hogan dropped the big leg on the Sarge it was just like America dropping the big leg on Iraq. On that day I knew just how proud to be an American I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people felt that way when we won the actual war more than a month earlier.

The WrestleMania VII main event is probably the worst main event ever. It was the a clearcut moment when Hulkamania had run out of steam and was heading downhill.

govman6767 02-24-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The WrestleMania VII main event is probably the worst main event ever. It was the a clearcut moment when Hulkamania had run out of steam and was heading downhill.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL More like this thread has run out of steam and is heading downhill and this is dynastys attempt to create a rift between govamaina and the millions and millions of govman fans around the world.

Kamakaze22 02-24-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL More like this thread has run out of steam and is heading downhill and this is dynastys attempt to create a rift between govamaina and the millions and millions of govman fans around the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really add alot to this thread and forum in particular. I think I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate your candid insight into the world of professional wrestling. Keep up the good work, my friend.

PSYCH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!111!!!

littlekeed 02-24-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it really the worst ever? I kinda enjoyed this match. It wasn't painful to sit through, unlike LT vs Bam Bam and Undertaker vs Sid. The tag match at Wrestlemania and Bundy/Hogan at Wrestlemania 2 were far worse matches IMO (even Hogan/Andre was absolutely terrible from a wrestling standpoint). #5,6 and 7 were about as good as it gets if Hogan is wrestling. But yeah, the WWF was really in need of something new at this point, something other than Hogan > evil.

metsandfinsfan 03-01-2007 06:14 PM

nwo/bash at the beach is still my fav moment of all time.

Back in the day, the snuka pipers pit is probably my favorite - one coconut ... two coconut

Jack Bando 03-01-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nwo/bash at the beach is still my fav moment of all time.

Back in the day, the snuka pipers pit is probably my favorite - one coconut ... two coconut

[/ QUOTE ]

The nWo forming was gold. Also HBK winning his first title a few months earlier at WM12 was also a great moment in 96.

Uglyowl 03-07-2007 01:53 AM

Undertaker's debut in the WWF

Became the best entrance in wrestling (until he decided to ride a motorcycle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2r-bPQcrKs

Evil Twin Referree

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...inevent000.jpg

Just days after that match, Hebner debuted in the World Wrestling Federation as a referee during a WWF Championship match pitting champion Hulk Hogan against challenger André the Giant, which aired live on February 5, 1988, on NBC's The Main Event. In the storyline, Hebner's twin brother Dave was the assigned official, but unbeknownst to Hogan, André's manager Ted DiBiase had bribed Earl to take his brother's place. Earl then counted André's pin against Hogan, even though Hogan's shoulders were clearly off the mat. As André and DiBiase were celebrating (with André quickly "selling" his title to an overjoyed DiBiase), Dave (whom DiBiase had locked in a closet prior to the match) ran to the ring and confronted Earl. The two brothers argued, and then Earl knocked his brother down. Hulk Hogan, figuring out that Dave's "evil twin" had jobbed him out, picked Earl up and gorilla press slammed him over the ropes and onto DiBiase in the aisleway. This match helped set up a fourteen-man elimination tournament at WrestleMania IV, since WWF President Jack Tunney declared the title "vacant" a week after The Main Event match as the WWF Championship "cannot be bought or sold," where the winner would win the WWF Championship. Vince McMahon paid both Hebners a bonus of $2,500 USD for participating in the angle and Earl quickly became a regular WWF referee, where he counted Randy Savage to victory and the Federation championship at WrestleMania IV.

Dynasty 03-07-2007 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Evil Twin Referree

[/ QUOTE ]

I was completely fooled by what happened.

Even the smartest of fans were probably fooled since Earl Hebner had just left Jim Crockett Promotions where he had been a referee for quite a while. In fact, he did JCP's Bunkhouse Stampede PPV just two weeks earlier.

It's funny looking back at the match because Dave Hebner is noticably heavier.

kassdog 03-07-2007 05:56 AM

One of my favorite memories coming from a funny standpoint was when cactus jack entered the royal rumble 3-4 times, can't remember. But no one saw that coming.

From a serious memeory was when macho man and elizabeth got married. It was wierd how emotional the two of them always were with the fans.

Side note with the slaughter vs. hogan @ wrestle mania. Did you know that originally they planned it for a venue that was outside but had to change location for fear that someone might try to take out slaughter for being a iraqi general.

Dynasty 03-07-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Side note with the slaughter vs. hogan @ wrestle mania. Did you know that originally they planned it for a venue that was outside but had to change location for fear that someone might try to take out slaughter for being a iraqi general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people believe it's the lack of ticket sales which motivated the WWF to move the venue from the LA Memorial Coliseum to the LA Memorial Sports Arena.

LesJ 03-07-2007 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorite memories coming from a funny standpoint was when cactus jack entered the royal rumble 3-4 times, can't remember. But no one saw that coming.

From a serious memeory was when macho man and elizabeth got married. It was wierd how emotional the two of them always were with the fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

If memory serves, that was the stated reason for the venue change, but the real change was made due to soft ticket sales. I could be wrong.

Les

Mr. Orange 03-07-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If memory serves, that was the stated reason for the venue change, but the real change was made due to soft ticket sales. I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not. The safety issues were just to save face b/c they couldn't sell any tickets.

4thstreetpete 03-07-2007 08:13 PM

The evil twin brother was shocking as it was so innovative. I was completely floored when it happened as I never knew Dave had a twin brother. When Dave ran out after the match it was definately a WTF moment. I remembered the announcers at the time mentioned that Ted Debiase must've paid the imposter a fee to get cosmetic surgery to look like Dave Hebner. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was a stupid kid back then and actually believed it.

kassdog 03-08-2007 01:43 AM

Heres another moment and this might not have been seen by all. It was during a free for all that used to be shown for 30 minutes before pay per views. And the match was Steve Austin and Yokozuna. This match was eith stone colds first match or austins can't remember. But yokozuna climbed the turnbuckle to do a suma drop or splash or whatever and the turnbuckle broke. Once again I was young, but can anyone confirm this memory for me and how it exactly went.

Jack Bando 03-08-2007 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heres another moment and this might not have been seen by all. It was during a free for all that used to be shown for 30 minutes before pay per views. And the match was Steve Austin and Yokozuna. This match was eith stone colds first match or austins can't remember. But yokozuna climbed the turnbuckle to do a suma drop or splash or whatever and the turnbuckle broke. Once again I was young, but can anyone confirm this memory for me and how it exactly went.

[/ QUOTE ]

Summerslam 96. Match lasted 1:52. Yoko went for the Banzi Drop, fell, Austin did a roll-up. This was two months after Austin won the King of the Ring.

kassdog 03-08-2007 05:43 AM

ok thanks, so it was planned then.

samjjones 03-08-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Evil Twin Referree

[/ QUOTE ]

This resulted in one of the greatest post-match Hogan promos of all-time. Visibly shaken and exhausted, on the verge of crying, Hogan belts out

"HOW MANY MILLIONS FOR THE PLASTIC SURGERY, BROTHER?"

samjjones 03-08-2007 11:42 AM

I don't think its been mentioned yet, but I really enjoyed the whole Outsiders/WCW thing. That was before I was into the internet, and it seemed like Razor Ramon and Diesel had really "invaded" WCW.

dcasper70 03-08-2007 04:47 PM

June 28, 1982
[ QUOTE ]
Snuka received several title shots at WWF Champion Bob Backlund, their most famous match together being a steel cage bout at Madison Square Garden on June 28, 1982 in which Snuka leapt from the top of the cage, barely missing Backlund who managed to escape the cage for the win. The contest would be declared Match of the Year by Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8377/img474ow5.png
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7981/img475lh8.png
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/61/img476dd5.png

Uglyowl 03-08-2007 05:54 PM

Undertaker vs. Mankind (Hell in the cell)

This match was incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAQgz_AmPQQ

Edit: Good call ojc02 earlier in the thread

Dynasty 03-09-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
June 28, 1982
[ QUOTE ]
Snuka received several title shots at WWF Champion Bob Backlund, their most famous match together being a steel cage bout at Madison Square Garden on June 28, 1982 in which Snuka leapt from the top of the cage, barely missing Backlund who managed to escape the cage for the win. The contest would be declared Match of the Year by Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This match is available on WWE 24/7 right now.

kassdog 03-09-2007 03:27 AM

Dynasty, I think you should give yourself the title "WWE 24/7 PREVIEW GUIDE"

4 High 03-09-2007 01:50 PM

LOL. Thanks to him, Vince is going to get my mobnies.

jlzinck 03-12-2007 11:43 AM

OK I'm old.

Jimmy Snuka off the top of a cage onto Muroco in Boston Garden. This happened about a month before he did it at MSG which was taped.

In today's world it's a run of the mill thing but in 83 (I think) it was fooking awesome

Cream Soda 03-12-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a cell!! Seeing Mankinds teeth poking thru his face was a bit disturbing tho. Man, that guy is genius [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

metsandfinsfan 03-30-2007 06:09 PM

if anyone knows where to find the video of Orndorf turning heel on Hogan i would love to see it again

Dyenimator 03-30-2007 08:16 PM

Mick Foley winning the title from The Rock with Stone Cold's help.

The Rowdy One's entrance here is just awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc9PsXAXau8

UnlikelyNinja 03-30-2007 10:21 PM

The Horsemen, the first wrestling mafia, were in trouble. The biggest star of the past 15 years, Hulk Hogan, had come to town and was making life miserable for their "don". Worse yet, a bizarre group of upstarts named the Dungeon of Doom were muscling in on the Horsemen's territory, causing friction at the same time as they pursued their common enemy, Hulk Hogan.

Things were reaching a fever pitch. Kevin Sullivan, leader of the Dungeon of Doom, formed an uneasy alliance with the Horsemen. It was apparent that Arn Anderson, the Horsemen's enforcer, was unhappy with the arrangement, but Anderson saw no other way to get at Hogan.

Disaster struck, though. The Horsemen had picked up a fiery brawler and technician named Chris Benoit. Benoit was a protege of the Dynamite Kid and a trainee of the Hart Dungeon. Benoit, though, could wrestle women as well as men. He soon appeared in public with Sullivan's wife, the luscious Woman.

Sullivan and Benoit tore at each other, leading to an epic match. Bathroom doors were slammed on heads, bodies were tossed down stadium stairs, and the finish came when Benoit superplexed Sullivan off a table for the win. Benoit's anger could not be sated, and after the bout, continued to attack him.

Anderson ran to the ring and pulled Benoit off. The crowd held its collective breath. Was the alliance to get Hogan more important than the Horsemen? Was a mortal enemy more important than a consigliere? The crowd got their answer quickly, as Anderson joined in the beatdown on Sullivan.

The crowd went 100% APESHIT. Horsemen, daddy, that's professional wrestling.

bkholdem 03-30-2007 11:06 PM

basically any one of rowdy roddy pipers old interviews when he would be asking questions of his guest and then get all riled up and start screaming at them and then kick their asses lol