Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   About the forums. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274667)

BluffTHIS! 12-18-2006 09:08 PM

Re: About the forums.

2/325,

I can't figure out if he really is serious and thus an idiot, although I lean that way, or is just trolling. But if he is serious, suggest he google for Parrondo's Paradox and then try to apply that to win at -EV games. Let him wallow in the minutiae of Brownian motion and ratchets and try to find the golden path to Oz.

Mike Haven 12-19-2006 08:00 PM

Don't miss the Brandi thread: why B&M poker is more fun.

iron81 12-21-2006 05:10 PM

Sup Bro has made a triumphant return.

Brandi thread
Brandi thread 2
Hottest 2+2er nominations

Mike Haven 12-29-2006 12:57 AM

Forum announcements by Sniper.

tuq 12-29-2006 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have milk that I've purchased and then gone bad since the last time that thread was updated.

William 12-29-2006 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have milk that I've purchased and then gone bad since the last time that thread was updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 days ago?

tuq 12-29-2006 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 days ago?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just like giving Haven a hard time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But I don't see an update more recent than two weeks anywhere on that page.

Mike Haven 12-29-2006 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame me, tuj. Blame the Sniper/MicroBob Team. I was set up. I don't read the threads; I only link to them.

(Oh, and please don't feel obliged to tell us if it's some weird sect's ablutions thingy, but I'm curious why you would keep bad milk.)

MicroBob 12-29-2006 01:35 PM

I think it's still the best sitcky-thread update on forum changes we've had.

Is there something that happened in the past 2 weeks that should be added to the sticky?
If so then I'm sure Sniper would be willing to incorporate it.

Mike Haven 12-31-2006 11:04 AM

Her report on peachy's trip to Africa.

peachy's excellent descriptions of her walk with lions, and her dives with sharks are not to be missed.

A first class thread.

Myrtle 12-31-2006 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Her report on peachy's trip to Africa.

peachy's excellent descriptions of her walk with lions, and her dives with sharks are not to be missed.

A first class thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike.....

Thanks much for the link. I rarely ever go to OOT and this thread was well worth it!

Myrt.....

Mike Haven 01-03-2007 03:03 PM

Pregnant Twoplustwoers.

Low Limit Loser 01-11-2007 01:34 AM

This one is gonna burn up a lot of bandwidth. It's more of a distraction than 8 tabling

HIV is bad for you

put some coffee on

Mike Haven 01-11-2007 09:08 AM

Ask Mat Sklansky.

nath 01-11-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This one is gonna burn up a lot of bandwidth. It's more of a distraction than 8 tabling

HIV is bad for you

put some coffee on

[/ QUOTE ]
follow up thread

Mike Haven 01-16-2007 09:32 AM

Readers' Favorite Threads.

ChipWrecked 01-17-2007 03:42 PM

I Hate Sports Punters

Anti-sports betting rant.

Low Limit Loser 01-19-2007 03:58 PM

This may have potential.

Saura V speaks!

LLL

Sniper 01-20-2007 10:28 AM

2+2 Servers : The magic behind the curtain revealed...

Mike Haven 02-02-2007 07:36 AM

Don't forget to pop in every few days to read a February Magazine article.

The authors put a lot of work into providing excellent pieces for the monthly Magazine issues. Please show them that you appreciate this by reading at least one article per visit and then making it a point to move on to the Magazine Forum to join in with or start discussion of that article.

Thanks.

edfurlong 02-02-2007 08:02 AM

I've noticed that Mike Haven is a pretty frequent ATF poster. This is arguably the best forum on 2+2 (the General Texas Hold'em forum might have a small edge). That said, I think more of a feeling of community would help the forum grow.

Long story short, I'd like to see an "Ask Mike Haven" thread. If you are to shy to do it I would be willing to make an "Ask edfurlong About Mike Haven" thread, but that seems a little silly.

Mike Haven 02-02-2007 08:39 AM

I would agree that ATF is the best forum here. It has an inherently valuable purpose, and always contains interesting material both from the individual forum's "core members", (tuq, to name but one), and from the "Moaning Minnie" visitors who fly in in a tizz, [cue albatross photos, please, Sniper], drop their load, are placated, and then fly off into the sunset, once again happy with life. Nothing is as pleasurable, I'm certain, as they closedown in the evening, for all the regulars to know that they have helped soothe a furrowed brow that day, and that somewhere in the world another person is smiling instead of scowling as they 'phone out for pizza.

To be honest, it reminds me of the early days of Twoplustwo, twenty or thirty years ago, when the Zoo was it, and there were only as many members of the whole caboosh as there are of ATF. Not to be too nostalgic, but thinking of those days, and the fun and banter between the likes of Dynasty and Vincent Lepore fair brings a tear to my eye. I'm not one to shout, "Bring back the whip!", but, really, you young'ns don't know what it's like to be punched in the nose by your teachers.

As for an "Ask" thread, much as I feel honoured by your suggestion, whether it was direct or via yourself, there would be so little truth in any of the answers that you'd start thinking Neteller ain't so bad after all.

Mike Haven 02-02-2007 08:47 AM

Think you're tone deaf?

Fantastic online test in this (O/T) AIW thread.

Myrtle 02-02-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would agree that ATF is the best forum here. It has an inherently valuable purpose, and always contains interesting material both from the individual forum's "core members", (tuq, to name but one), and from the "Moaning Minnie" visitors who fly in in a tizz, [cue albatross photos, please, Sniper], drop their load, are placated, and then fly off into the sunset, once again happy with life. Nothing is as pleasurable, I'm certain, as they closedown in the evening, for all the regulars to know that they have helped soothe a furrowed brow that day, and that somewhere in the world another person is smiling instead of scowling as they 'phone out for pizza.

To be honest, it reminds me of the early days of Twoplustwo, twenty or thirty years ago, when the Zoo was it, and there were only as many members of the whole caboosh as there are of ATF. Not to be too nostalgic, but thinking of those days, and the fun and banter between the likes of Dynasty and Vincent Lepore fair brings a tear to my eye. I'm not one to shout, "Bring back the whip!", but, really, you young'ns don't know what it's like to be punched in the nose by your teachers.

As for an "Ask" thread, much as I feel honoured by your suggestion, whether it was direct or via yourself, there would be so little truth in any of the answers that you'd start thinking Neteller ain't so bad after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

You're right.....It really is too bad that so many of the posters here never got an opportunity to experience 2+2 in the 'old days', as they would have so much of a better idea of what this site was really about and how it got to where it is.

When the Internet Forum was truly the "Zoo" and Granny, Lori and many of the other legacy posters were active was a special time, and I miss it and continue to hope that the site will somehow gravitate back to some of those values.

The pure beauty of 2+2 back then was it's free-flowing, no-holds-barred approach to posting.

As it's grown larger, and there has been an active attempt to "manage" it's content, it has lost much of its' spontaneity, and IMO, it's inherent value.

samjjones 02-02-2007 12:11 PM

Mike - with ATF's increasing popularity, you may want to bring in another mod to help handle the traffic. May I suggest jman220?

Mike Haven 02-02-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with ATF's increasing popularity, you may want to bring in another mod to help handle the traffic. May I suggest jman220?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know his* work, but I'll certainly keep your kind suggestion in mind for when we overtake BBV in the rankings.

*or her

Myrtle 02-02-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with ATF's increasing popularity, you may want to bring in another mod to help handle the traffic. May I suggest jman220?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know his* work, but I'll certainly keep your kind suggestion in mind for when we overtake BBV in the rankings.

*or her

[/ QUOTE ]

....sounds like a reasonable qualifier to me, although I might be a bit more comfortable with.......

....when a squadron of winged monkeys make an orderly exit from the Queen's [censored].

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Myrtle 02-02-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*or her

[/ QUOTE ]

....sounds like a reasonable qualifier to me, although I might be a bit more comfortable with.......

....when a squadron of winged monkeys make an orderly exit from the Queen's [censored].

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

goldurnit Mike!!

Now you've gone and complicated it all by changing my qualifier from his Holiless to the Queenie!

Do you see why?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

diebitter 02-06-2007 04:52 PM

For the pleasure of 2+2ers with lots of life experience (and maybe miles on the clock, maybe not):

A different kind of trip report

And its follow up

These two are probably two of the best starting posts ever in the Lounge.

Mike Haven 02-09-2007 09:30 AM

Some brilliant work in THE OFFICIAL Ms Paint Round 2A THREAD.

Mike Haven 02-13-2007 09:19 AM

astarck's thread about an alleged scammer, Mythra, is an excellent example of the camaraderie and honesty that prevails amongst the Twoplustwo fraternity.

As one of the mods of the Zoo, I am particularly pleased that not one of the scores of readers posting in the thread went overboard with their comments, and so we were all able to "enjoy" seeing a beginning, middle and end to an entire story as it played out, live, before us.

My sincere thanks to all participants in the saga for dealing with what was a very difficult position for the OP in an adult and helpful manner.

This thread is a prime template for what can be done, without a deleted trainwrecked thread resulting, by logical and restrained argument and persuasion.

edfurlong 02-13-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for threads that may not be deleted, FrankStallone in NVG. Note Dids' change of the topic. Magnificent stuff all-around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I'd forgotten about all that.

Hypothetical received pm's with names removed.

[ QUOTE ]
For a random person such as yourself to attack a blatent joke is really cute. The warriors shirt was rather interesting as well. You can tell me, or I can find out. WHo knows we might end up meeting someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point I think I would have asked whether or not I should plan on being stabbed.

[ QUOTE ]
no, no stabbing. Just wondering what your motivation is to go that far out of your way? Also, to light the fact that anyone who goes that far out their way, might find the same force coming around back at them.
I find it hard to believe you didn't understand the angle I was coming from, it's crafting something to get a response. How can you not see that?
You made the choice to do what you did. Now, I have the choice as to how what I think will bring us back to even.
I noticed I was wearing a warriors shirt in your depection.Where did you get that inspiation? Funny, I could probably guess your address, where you work, send one of my friends who didn't make it as far as me and he can probably give me a pretty good desription of you, so I can repay the favor.. and make a drawing of my own of course. You really have no clue as to what I could possibly do. I might have you wearing a yellow shirt or a red one.
Just know I would only find out information and only for drawing a nice picture back. Only a crazy person would threaten bodily harm, I just want to return the favor.
I always wondered what people thought when they come after a person unprovoked, do they not see the potential for something bad coming back at them? I would accept an apology, or silence as a lack of one. Hope to hear from you, cheers,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No really, you should apologize. Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all clearly made up by me, but in my story this is what would have been pm'd to me after I asked an admin if I should run for the border.

[ QUOTE ]
To be nice, I must admit I am mostly kidding. Just for some reason you bother me more than the others. Just know in this life giving out random hostility will come back, someone somewhere is going to pull your card. Trust me, if you did deem me as desperate or deranged you might want to know who not to [censored] with in the future, that personality profile is just that. I guess you will have to wait and find out if I am in fact deranged or not. Funny, now you are hoping I am sane, whereas before you thought I had problems and due to your disposition in life you saw someone who in your mind was deranged and really tried to hurt them. You deserve someone who is in that spot to do something deranged to you. Honestly man, why try to push someone you think is close to the edge of that cliff??, without them even speaking a word to you. You might come to find, you might be the one with some things to think about.
Hello, hello hello hello?? - your concious
Lucky for you, I am only crazy for the hit show Becker...
hope you learn something the human elemant of life before you are old and bitter. good luck to you, no hard feelings,

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey buddy, how was your christmas? I just wanted to check in on you. Let me know how things are going.. cool?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I go two hours without posting, AVENGE ME! Also, I'm pretty sure it's "pull your cord", not card.

Mike Haven 02-13-2007 04:33 PM

Victor's classic thread containing interesting poles and numbers.

Mike Haven 02-16-2007 07:56 AM

Lee Jones gives some good Security tips for avoiding poker account hackers.

2/325Falcon 02-18-2007 05:25 PM

OOT thread about disgusting parasites. I haven't clicked on any of the links in there, but one of you sickos might want to try them.

Sniper 02-19-2007 03:14 AM

Software products that you think are really good ... Excellent, must read thread in the ElD Forum.

Sniper 02-20-2007 12:58 AM

Not for the thread, but for the linked document... Legal Article on Internet Gambling

edfurlong 02-23-2007 06:55 AM

Cardsharpcook has made a couple really good posts about his culinary education.

CIA Part One

CIA Externship

CIA Part Two

Mike Haven 02-27-2007 07:00 PM

Tell us about your job in EDGD.

Don't miss Dids' classic entry, which includes:

What makes you in particular well-suited or poorly-suited for your work? ... I relate well with people, I'm good at hiring.

What kind of problems do you encounter? ... idiots on all fronts.

What are the biggest (most common) sources of frustration and elation? I have two employees who are mostly braindead and useless. I can't fire them. Communicating them at all is a pain.

That's our Dids, that is! Who couldn't love him? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

iron81 02-27-2007 07:05 PM

Barry G says "LOL DONKAMENTS" on the High Stakes Poker TV show to collect $10k for his charity.

BBV pays up.