Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   NEW RULES FOR OOT - please read. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221377)

Tennenbaum 09-26-2006 12:47 PM

Re: NEW RULES FOR OOT - please read.

[ QUOTE ]

In line with this, I think the sexy avatars are contributing to the generally poor attitudes about women in OOT, and need to go. You guys are apparently not old enough to handle this kind of content so I'm taking it away from you. Avatars like
RJ's and amplify's will no longer be tolerated. I am replacing them with this:

[/ QUOTE ]

I like sexy avatars. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The same applies to ANY inline photos of women.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can still link to other pics if we warn NSFW, correct?

I dont really see a problem w/ this. I dont understand why people cry about crap on here.

Rev. Good Will 09-26-2006 12:48 PM

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6113/popcornyk5.gif

MrWookie 09-26-2006 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im leaving 2p2. you mods are such absolute piece of [censored] retards i dont even know what to think. i hope someone murders NT in his sleep and mat bans 85% of the modding force for this one. what a bunch of impotent [censored].

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

RJ, don't leave yet. MODWARS IS ON. I'm calling out dids and cola into this bitch and NT won't be green by the end of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might support some degree of toning down the rampant Chauvanism in this forum, but I agree that NT! has gone too far here. You can count on my support for ModWars!

Dids 09-26-2006 12:48 PM

Pretty solid ideas imo. The tone of this place is getting pretty low and retarded.

Hornacek 09-26-2006 12:49 PM

Maybe fslexduck got control of NT!'s account...

4_2_it 09-26-2006 12:49 PM

http://vaxcave.com/story_images/kodos.jpg

Autocratic 09-26-2006 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty solid ideas imo. The tone of this place is getting pretty low and retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought that was the point.

stabn 09-26-2006 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf dids. ok fine, PM to ryan beal sent. this [censored] is getting shut down before it gets too far.

miajag 09-26-2006 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't that be solved by going through and banning people who start retarded threads/make inappropriate posts on a case-by-case basis, rather than laying down overly restrictive rules that will make OOT less fun?

By-Tor 09-26-2006 12:52 PM

Mat, put on your tin-foil hat and deal with this crap.

MrWookie 09-26-2006 12:52 PM

OOT potential mods who were slighted when NT! was selected,

What are your positions on this subject?

comix 09-26-2006 12:54 PM

OOT has rules?

guids 09-26-2006 12:54 PM

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rd-simmons.jpg

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day

alobar2 09-26-2006 12:55 PM

apparently you get banned for not posting pictures of women too

7ontheline 09-26-2006 12:56 PM

So all this time, the supposed NT! account has been an elaborate scheme for diebitter to take control of OOT?

mak15 09-26-2006 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day

[/ QUOTE ]

brings a tear to my eye every time.

RunDownHouse 09-26-2006 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT potential mods who were slighted when NT! was selected,

What are your positions on this subject?

[/ QUOTE ]
First, "slighted" is definitely the wrong word.

Second, I don't really understand this:

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I am sick of all the crappy posts about girls. From now on, anyone criticizing a woman in OOT will need to accompany his post with a photo of a woman he has stuck it to that is AT LEAST as hot as the girl in question.

[/ QUOTE ]
The first sentence is pretty obvious, clear, and nobody should have an argument with it. The second sentence, I just don't understand. If I want to criticize some woman, I need to somehow include my credentials or boost my credibility by posting an internet-equivalent of the hottest chick I've done? Huh? Why not just ban/suspend/title change the offending party? It seems that if the problem is, "I am sick of all the crappy posts about girls," the solution can be much simpler than, "anyone criticizing a woman in OOT will need to accompany his post with a photo of a woman he has stuck it to that is AT LEAST as hot as the girl in question."

As for alobar, he knew what to expect when he made his thread, and did it anyways, so that's fine.

Lastly, I'm not convinced that this is serious. The ridiculousness of the proposed solution and the coincidence of it being his 8k post are enough to keep my doubt significant.

EDIT: quick note, I caught alobar's thread post-banning and post-mod edit, so I just assumed he willingly crossed NT's new policy.

09-26-2006 12:59 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Freerollin` 09-26-2006 12:59 PM

This is the best OOT thread evar.

alobar2 09-26-2006 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for alobar, he knew what to expect when he made his thread, and did it anyways, so that's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, what rule did I break? I havent posted a single picture of a woman, nor do I have one in my avatar....yet thats still a ban?

RayPowers 09-26-2006 01:01 PM

The temptation to start a "hot manga pics" thread is pretty high, I must admit. :P

This "rule" pretty much screws the primary value I had to give to OOT in thread entertainment because of its broadness.

Ray

iron81 09-26-2006 01:01 PM

I think what NT! meant about criticizing girls is about how attractive they are. We are still allowed to talk about the stupid [censored] that they do. I wonder if NT! cleared this with the other OOT mods?

z28dreams 09-26-2006 01:02 PM

I think we should start a thread that just says "insult my girlfriend".

Thus, every insult must be followed by a picture of a hotter girl that the new poster has banged.

Ultimately, we will find the hottest girl in the world.

It might be genius.

kidcolin 09-26-2006 01:02 PM

"Lastly, I'm not convinced that this is serious. The ridiculousness of the proposed solution and the coincidence of it being his 8k post are enough to keep my doubt significant."

agreed. Maybe intentional just to get things riled up, or maybe NT got hacked, though it sounds like his style.

skunkworks 09-26-2006 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf dids. ok fine, PM to ryan beal sent. this [censored] is getting shut down before it gets too far.

[/ QUOTE ]
OH THANK GOD ITS STABN TO THE RESCUE WHAT WOULD OOT DO WITHOUT OUR SUPERHERO

ahnuld 09-26-2006 01:03 PM

while really funny, this [censored] aint cool.

NT/Stalin, I will not comment on any further hands you post in the nl forums and I suggest other poker plaing OOters do the same as a peacefull protest against this fascist regime.

Captain Salty 09-26-2006 01:03 PM

Diebitter?

fnord_too 09-26-2006 01:03 PM

This is so obviously a joke, with the other mods in on it.

NT! 09-26-2006 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Lastly, I'm not convinced that this is serious. The ridiculousness of the proposed solution and the coincidence of it being his 8k post are enough to keep my doubt significant."

agreed. Maybe intentional just to get things riled up, or maybe NT got hacked, though it sounds like his style.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys can ask guids, alobar, rj and all the other people that will inevitably get banned for violating this policy if i was serious or not. feel free to ask the mods who are violating 2+2 policy by publicly criticizing me if these users are in fact banned, they definitely are.

yeah, i saved this for a special occasion (my 8k post) but i assure you i am not screwing around.

NT

By-Tor 09-26-2006 01:04 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...g06/bytor1.gif

Toro 09-26-2006 01:04 PM

I click on OOT to be entertained. Sounds like thats over now.

Slow Play Ray 09-26-2006 01:05 PM

worst. powertrip. ever.

Phoenix1010 09-26-2006 01:05 PM

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1...intgirlqg6.png

Aloysius 09-26-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rj,

Relax. Murder is a weird emotion to come from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaah - hey T, what up? Been a while, I'm looking forward to the upcoming NBA season!

NT! - ... really? But... but, Amplify's avatar... Reon Kadena... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Al

ThaSaltCracka 09-26-2006 01:05 PM

haha, its hilarious that people have Richard Simmons for an avatar.

kyro 09-26-2006 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I click on OOT to be entertained. Sounds like thats over now.

[/ QUOTE ]

eff that. i am currently thoroughly entertained.

NT is like the KaztheOriginal of mods.

4 High 09-26-2006 01:06 PM

Worst rule on an internet forum ever?

And i thouht NT! was a cool dude up until now. Perhaps maybe try something a little less severe before you go censorship on a forum.

NT! 09-26-2006 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

Toro 09-26-2006 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic too. The new mod is so worried about being politically correct with women but it doesn't carry over to gays.

RunDownHouse 09-26-2006 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, what rule did I break? I havent posted a single picture of a woman, nor do I have one in my avatar....yet thats still a ban?

[/ QUOTE ]
See my edit, if you missed it.