Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   WORST MOD EVER (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556417)

Loch 11-28-2007 06:21 PM

Re: WORST MOD EVER

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like poles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]
Lech >>>> Loch imo

MicroBob 11-28-2007 06:57 PM

Miami Ohio hoops coach Charlie Coles!!!

http://www.pigskinroundball.org/spea...ges/ccoles.jpg

Pudge714 11-28-2007 07:08 PM

I got banned because dkgojackets posted a rickroll that effed up your browser causing it to jump all over the screen. I posted something like "If it weren't for the sticky I would suggest something."

TheNoodleMan 11-28-2007 07:25 PM

This was a pretty weak banning.

Someone posted a link that was a rickroll that hijacks your browser and makes it jump all over the screen (making it unusable until you restart it). Pudge told people not to click it and that he'd ask for something to be done if it wasn't against the sticky.

So Pudge was punished for warning people, very sensible.

The whole sports forum "Don't ask for people to be banned" policy is retarded. If MEB wasn't such a crappy mod that justified hardly ever banning/locking by saying it has always been a lowly moddded forum then there wouldn't be so many people asking for people to be banned.

Cliff note: Hands off mod allows trolling and duplicate threads to run wild then gets upset that people are constantly posting for people to be banned.

The Man Mulcahey 11-28-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">This is what I'm supposed to do after getting banned, right? Hi people who don't use infopop. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla

O Fen�meno 11-28-2007 07:30 PM

he banned me for posting brett favre american cumslinger mspaint. it was just brett favre throwing a football which was mspainted white

Pudge714 11-28-2007 07:30 PM

Noodle,
I assumed you got banned as well. Did dkgojackets get banned?

Billy Bibbit 11-28-2007 07:50 PM

FWIW I appreciated you guys warning me not to click on that link

[ QUOTE ]
Did dkgojackets get banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it since the link is still there

TheNoodleMan 11-28-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I appreciated you guys warning me not to click on that link

[ QUOTE ]
Did dkgojackets get banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it since the link is still there

[/ QUOTE ]

"You have been banned at the The 2+2 Forums.
Reason: the notify mod button works just fine
Ban duration: 1 day."

So almost 2 days later the malicious link is still there. Yeah, the Notify Mod button works just fine, its the Moderator that doesn't.

FlyWf 11-28-2007 08:18 PM

Not to interrupt a very significant thread about some remarkably terrible modding, but how do people seem to know other people's ban's duration/reason?

Or did he seriously ban both of you?

XXXNoahXXX 11-28-2007 08:34 PM

Hey guys, I just spotted MEBenhoe!

http://www.easttennesseebigfoot.org/bigfoot.jpg

LeapFrog 11-28-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Dids.

I heard that they were going for one deathblow and provide complaints and links to every awful post you've made; every grunch, every over the line insensitive remark, every awful blog-like post, etc. Unfortunately, the servers crashed under the sheer volume of awful Dids posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow I laughed pretty hard and almost choked on some pizza I was eating. Not cool, a guy should be able to read ATF whilst eating w/o fear of death

Pudge714 11-28-2007 09:01 PM

Fly,
He banned me as a proof you can see that I didn't post yesterday.

Noodle made a post along the lines of "[censored] the sticky this is stupid and he deserves to get banned"
I will also add that the thread was the MNF after the game thread so it's not like by asking to get a poster banned a debate was getting hijacked.

Also I will buy accounts that have never been banned or starred since I lost my ban cherry. PM me.

2/325Falcon 11-28-2007 09:26 PM

Grunch - Dids sucks as a poster but does a decent job modding imo.

MEbenhoe 11-28-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got banned by MEBenhoe for violating the sticky in sports forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread imo

fwiw, the link was deleted and dkgojackets banned for 2 weeks before either of you were touched.

edit: somehow I missed the link even though I had thought I deleted it with the rest of the posts that quoted the link, my apologies

keikiwai 11-28-2007 09:31 PM

*Grunch*

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6...yleribszf2.png

stabn 11-28-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread imo

fwiw, the link was deleted and dkgojackets banned for 2 weeks before either of you were touched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad way to mod imo. Just because something is in the sticky doesn't mean you need to suspend someone for a day over it. But no one has ever accused you have having good judgement.

MEbenhoe 11-28-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad way to mod imo. Just because something is in the sticky doesn't mean you need to suspend someone for a day over it. But no one has ever accused you have having good judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

it says if you violate it you will be banned. This isn't rocket science.

stabn 11-28-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread imo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it says if you violate it you will be banned. This isn't rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suigin406 11-28-2007 09:37 PM

it was a joke meb...

Conspire 11-28-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yawn wake me up when you make a dids thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

I keep waiting for serious discussion of my de-modding relative to my lack of compassion for dead people to start up in ATF, but nobody will take the bull by the horns here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dids, I have come close and so have many others (trust me), but neither I nor they could make a thread calling you worst mod. Oh how you anger me and so many people, none of that matters, you are one of those people that is impossible to stay mad at!!!

<font color="green">C</font><font color="red">o</font><font color="green">n</font><font color="red">s</font><font color="green">p</font><font color="red">i</font><font color="green">r</font><font color="red">e</font>

MEbenhoe 11-28-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was a joke meb...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

tuq 11-28-2007 09:42 PM

FWIW and not that anyone should care, but I don't get notifications. Much the same way that I stopped getting PM notifications months ago. So reporting a post through standard means would never get to me. This may all change come vB time, but I would prefer a PM if it doesn't. I don't want to be accused of "not doing anything" when I'm on this site...not doing anything.

tuq 11-28-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh dids, I have come close and so have many others (trust me), but neither I nor they could make a thread calling you worst mod. Oh how you anger me and so many people, none of that matters, you are one of those people that is impossible to stay mad at!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously aren't trying hard enough.

Conspire 11-28-2007 09:45 PM

All mods should have an approach to their duties similar to......

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...NTmotivate.jpg

<font color="green">C</font><font color="red">o</font><font color="green">n</font><font color="red">s</font><font color="green">p</font><font color="red">i</font><font color="green">r</font><font color="red">e</font>

stabn 11-28-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was a joke meb...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was good trolling until he let the cat out of the bag [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Mat Sklansky 11-28-2007 09:46 PM

i care. make sure you have the right email in your private profile

Golden_Rhino 11-28-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yawn wake me up when you make a dids thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

I keep waiting for serious discussion of my de-modding relative to my lack of compassion for dead people to start up in ATF, but nobody will take the bull by the horns here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Dids.

I heard that they were going for one deathblow and provide complaints and links to every awful post you've made; every grunch, every over the line insensitive remark, every awful blog-like post, etc. Unfortunately, the servers crashed under the sheer volume of awful Dids posts.

Reasons I hate dids:

1) Worst. Gruncher. Ever. It's not just that he grunches, but he does so and then provides the most obvious answer ever, one that has already obviously been offered.

OP- "Hey my dad's birthday is next week and he is the biggest Pats fan in the world, and I just scored two tickets. Should I invite him or take a stranger?"

*three pages of replies*

Dids- *Grunch* You should probably consider taking your dad!

2) He thinks he is like a judge on that celebrity dance show. He constantly says things "Tuq's overall posting quality is excellent, but he is sucking hard in this thread." Instead of just bashing someone or proving them wrong like a normal person, he does this gay "Did's retrospective and analysis" judging.

3)He complains about everyone else's posts, but his OPs are the worst ever. Tons of blog posts about annoying people on the bus or how he doesn't know how to handle himself when it comes to social situations or bathroom behavior, even posting the same thread twice.

Many more reasons, hopefully others will elaborate!

There you go Dids!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, you know what needs to be done....

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5...nhammersa6.jpg

bonds 11-28-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh dids, I have come

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes.

NT! 11-28-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All mods should have an approach to their duties similar to......

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...NTmotivate.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wtf

Lech Walesa 11-28-2007 10:09 PM

Thread delivers imo.

Lech Walesa

Bobo Fett 11-28-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like poles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla!

[/ QUOTE ]
7/10

[ QUOTE ]
Thread delivers imo.

Lech Walesa

[/ QUOTE ]
0/10

*TT* 11-28-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thread delivers imo.

Lech Walesa

[/ QUOTE ]

and your gimmick account doesn't. Good way to run a meh joke into the ground.

<font color="red">Mike Haven is Mighty.</font>

*TT* 11-28-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i care. make sure you have the right email in your private profile

[/ QUOTE ]

http://gazuga.net/stuph/owned.jpg

XXXNoahXXX 11-28-2007 10:52 PM

i've never understood the "don't ask for people to be banned" rule on these boards.

you can basically wish every ailment and awful thing on anyone (short of DIAGF of course) and belittle them, mspaint them in compromising positions, but you can't say "Ban".

also, enforcing this wasn't a case of "omg you like the bears. BAN THIS USER!!!!(!(!***!**!..."

someone got a 2 week ban, which is like one step shy of the permaban, so obviously they deserved to be banned.

Golden_Rhino 11-28-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never understood the "don't ask for people to be banned" rule on these boards.

you can basically wish every ailment and awful thing on anyone (short of DIAGF of course) and belittle them, mspaint them in compromising positions, but you can't say "Ban".

also, enforcing this wasn't a case of "omg you like the bears. BAN THIS USER!!!!(!(!***!**!..."

someone got a 2 week ban, which is like one step shy of the permaban, so obviously they deserved to be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they cared so much when someone wrote "ban"
I think they had a problem with this:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ban

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Man Mulcahey 11-28-2007 10:58 PM

Fwiw, dksgojackets is a good poster, I think.

I also think that Dids is doing a good job modding bbv4l.

MEbenhoe 11-28-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is but that doesn't excuse posting that link that screwed up people's browsers.

Golden_Rhino 11-28-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is but that doesn't excuse posting that link that screwed up people's browsers.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree on both counts.

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that Dids is doing a good job modding bbv4l.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. He has found the balance between letting everyone have fun and not letting it get out of hand.

NozeCandy 11-28-2007 11:11 PM

I got banned for starting a thread awhile ago in SE with a pole asking if John Amaechi was a pitcher or catcher right after he came out of the closet. Perfectly legit thread imo, don't act like you weren't interested.