Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   A-Rod opts out of contract (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533509)

ajml 10-28-2007 11:12 PM

Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
Sox one time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pudge714 10-28-2007 11:13 PM

Yanks are obv saving money to sign Barry Bonds

PokerFink 10-28-2007 11:14 PM

JoA,

Isn't Boras pretty well known for convincing his clients to go for free agency even if it's not really in their best interest?

TheNoodleMan 10-28-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Sports Illustrated story

I really hope the Yankees stick to their guns and don't negotiate with ARod.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. bye bye A-Douche

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya what a douche he just league MVP 2 times as a Yankee and they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs without him in a bunch of year. [censored] [censored] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

spend less on arod..spend more on pitching bullpen

he may have helped get us to playoffs but hasnt helped us much once we're there. And as i recall the Yanks managed to get to playoffs prior to A-Douche being on team

[/ QUOTE ]
Other douches
Giambi--true, Jeter--false, Abreu--false, Damon--false, Matsui--false, Pavano--true, Farnsworth--true, Mussina--false, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Jeter was a "True" douche since he played his entire career in pinstripes. Isn't that what "True" means?

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CDS,
Why isn't Jeter a douche he is getting paid similarly to A-Rod isn't as productive and wouldn't leave his position when it would benefit the team. He also GIDPed in tons of key spots during the playoffs this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya but Jeter doesn't cause as many headaches as Arod. And he has come threw occasionally in big spots.

I honestly can't really recall any huge hit Arod ever came up with in the playoffs short of a homerun in the series vs the Twins.

Giambi has been more money than Arod in big spots.

I know I know...its sample size

but what if in two years into his new 8 year 35 million per deal he's still running bad? Do u think the Yankees want to go thru that ordeal?

Let some other team go thru the headache

brettbrettr 10-28-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

Isn't Boras pretty well known for convincing his clients to go for free agency even if it's not really in their best interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to define "their best interest" on a player by player basis then examine.

Karak567 10-28-2007 11:15 PM

[censored]

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Sports Illustrated story

I really hope the Yankees stick to their guns and don't negotiate with ARod.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. bye bye A-Douche

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya what a douche he just league MVP 2 times as a Yankee and they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs without him in a bunch of year. [censored] [censored] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

spend less on arod..spend more on pitching bullpen

he may have helped get us to playoffs but hasnt helped us much once we're there. And as i recall the Yanks managed to get to playoffs prior to A-Douche being on team

[/ QUOTE ]
Other douches
Giambi--true, Jeter--false, Abreu--false, Damon--false, Matsui--false, Pavano--true, Farnsworth--true, Mussina--false, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Jeter was a "True" douche since he played his entire career in pinstripes. Isn't that what "True" means?

[/ QUOTE ]

See 96-00 and all those bloop singles.

Gregatron 10-28-2007 11:16 PM

Here is the kind of crap they are saying about him on a Cards message board:

[ QUOTE ]
The guy is a nice name to have on your team, but unless you want another McGwire era here there's no way he can come here, and any team who takes him is getting a guy who has never been at his best when the pressure is on.

With the demands he has and the yankees out of it who is going to sign him for what he demands? The dude is just 1 season from being dropped to 8th and then benched in the playoffs...

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you that think the people here are stupid.

I would consider giving up my right testicle in exchange for ARod on the Cardinals, but this idiot is like "zOMFG he is so not teh CLUTCH!!!!!1112"

Troll_Inc 10-28-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yanks are obv saving money to sign Barry Bonds

[/ QUOTE ]

And resign ClemensLOL.

hoyasnaxa 10-28-2007 11:17 PM

Interesting that he decides to announce this late in the potential last game of the world series. Dont come to philly, that way I dont have to cheer for you.

Riverman 10-28-2007 11:17 PM

Awful move by Boras

Simple economics...ARod is worth the most to the Yankees and they would therefore pay the most.

PartyGirlUK 10-28-2007 11:18 PM

% chance he comes to Chi-town?

rwperu34 10-28-2007 11:19 PM

The best part about this is, the Red Sox are six outs away from winning the WS, and all they can talk about is A-Rod [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jack of Arcades 10-28-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

[/ QUOTE ]

If Boras consistently screwed over his clients, why would he still have clients?

Riverman 10-28-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
% chance he comes to Chi-town?

[/ QUOTE ]

high

LurchySoprano 10-28-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the Yanks were getting subsidized by the Rangers, no reason they shouldnt have thrown gobs of money at AROD, the YES! network needs him, the Yankees need him and they blew it, nice job Yanks, nothing makes me happier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the Yankees and all, but they were prepared to offer him a 5-6 year extension worth between 150-180 million by all reports. Boras and ARod never even met with them or made a counter offer. How is that the Yankees fault?

Butcho22 10-28-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya but Jeter doesn't cause as many headaches as Arod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as...

MikeyPatriot 10-28-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ya but Jeter doesn't cause as many headaches as Arod. And he has come threw occasionally in big spots.

I honestly can't really recall any huge hit Arod ever came up with in the playoffs short of a homerun in the series vs the Twins.

but what if in two years into his new 8 year 35 million per deal he's still running bad? Do u think the Yankees want to go thru that ordeal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post severely hurts my head.

Jurollo 10-28-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

[/ QUOTE ]

If Boras consistently screwed over his clients, why would he still have clients?

[/ QUOTE ]
While answering this question also answer this one. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

iron81 10-28-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
White Sox one time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, does this mean that Texas is off the hook for the rest of what they're paying the Yankees?

Riverman 10-28-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are assuming rational behavior by his clients...bad assumption

Jurollo 10-28-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
White Sox one time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, does this mean that Texas is off the hook for the rest of what they're paying the Yankees?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so. Big score for the Rangers if this is the case.

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post severely hurts my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

take some advil

Franchise 60 10-28-2007 11:27 PM

Anyone blaming the Yankees for this/saying it is their fault is incredibly retarded.

They opted out because they wanted to opt out, not because they received a bad offer.

They are calling the Yankees bluff, and hoping other teams drive up the price. This is a power play by Boras, and the Yankees really don't have any blame in it.

LurchySoprano 10-28-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
White Sox one time!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it does mean they are off the hook. Pretty sure ARod opting out saves them like $25 million or so over the next 3 years.

Jack of Arcades 10-28-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are assuming rational behavior by his clients...bad assumption

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm doing is waiting for the list of clients Scott Boras screwed over.

Everyone knows Scott's reputation. Players choose him specifically for that reason.

pergesu 10-28-2007 11:31 PM

A-rod signs with Rockies for $12 mil per, 3% interest in Coors. Rockies win WS in 2008,09,11,12,13,16,17,18,20

you heard it here first

Russ M. 10-28-2007 11:33 PM

whats gonna happen in 2010, 2014, and 1015?

Riverman 10-28-2007 11:37 PM

The market value of ARod is much different for each team. The Yankees, with the YES network, value him the most.

Kudos to Cashman, if he sticks to his guns.

TheNoodleMan 10-28-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats gonna happen in 2010, 2014, and 1015?

[/ QUOTE ]
Strike, Earthquake, Alien Invasion

Troll_Inc 10-28-2007 11:37 PM

And awesome outcome here would be for A-Rod to resign with the Yankees costing them tons and tons more $$$.

He gets like 5 more MVPs in Yankee uniforms the rest of his career.

They make the playoffs every single year until he retires.

But they lose in the 1st round each year and he ends up with a cumul. .184 batting average in the playoffs for the Yankees.

Case Closed 10-28-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ya but Jeter doesn't cause as many headaches as Arod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as...

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he has an aversion to homeruns and the like.

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The market value of ARod is much different for each team. The Yankees, with the YES network, value him the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime Boras tries to call Cashman about current offer for Arod...Cashman should tell him "One sec, let me get off this other call" then put him on hold and never pick up.

rwperu34 10-28-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cashman should merely subtract $21MM from his offer. Let's be realistic. A-Rod opted out because he doesn't want to be a Yankee. Hopefully he signs with the Giants.

LurchySoprano 10-28-2007 11:40 PM

As silly as I think ARod is for opting out right now, the history of Scott Boras tells me something else is up. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has a huge deal in place with the Cubs, Angels, or Giants*.

* - If ARod goes to the Giants, I will loooooool if he ever again speaks of winning being important to him.

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hank Steinbrenner was the last person to say "opt out, goodbye" so u can figure that he wasnt bsing

MikeyPatriot 10-28-2007 11:41 PM

While Cashman may be making the right business move to not sign A-Rod sans an extension, the fact that Yankee fans in here are happy he's leaving is LOL to the max.

DesertCat 10-28-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awful move by Boras

Simple economics...ARod is worth the most to the Yankees and they would therefore pay the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I said, when I said the Yankees would offer a 4/$100m extension and he would take it. Instead they offered more and longer and he didn't even listen. This can only mean Boras is certain he's got more than 9/$260m coming elsewhere.

Horrible decision. He may make a little more, but that deal will cripple who ever signs him. It will be Texas all over again, and in 4 years when they have to move him to first or DH because of his declining D. They"ll be paying at least 20% of their payroll to a guy with little defensive value and an offensive value no longer in the top ten players for at least four more years at that point!

Boras suckers another one.

rwperu34 10-28-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If ARod goes to the Giants, I will loooooool if he ever again speaks of winning being important to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

If A-Rod signs with the Giants, they will be a contender in the NL west for the duration of his contract. In fact, they might be the frontrunner NEXT year with A-Rod!