Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

Zurvan 01-16-2007 12:25 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

I would strongly support the following for Council:

stephen h
mets
fnord
traz
xorbie
wdcbooks
chuck
iron yuppie

In a vaccuum, I would be quite happy if the council for the entire game was made up from those people alone. Until I see overwhelming evidence against them, that's who I'll be voting for.

Prediction: I never get even one vote for council.

To start, I'll support stephen, as an alternate candidate to traz.

I see no reason to spread around the votes. If we keep the number of players eligible for Council limited, it reduces the chances of getting a wolf on there. If we determine one of them is a wolf, it's easy enough to prevent him from getting on Council, and then he's lynched.

As we start losing villagers on council, they'll be passing off their place. That list has good enough players that they should be able to find a villager to pass it on to.

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:25 PM

imo the following people should all have a vote by tomorrow:

books
soah
luckay
shortline
iron yuppie
thebram
spook

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to vote for most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, I have a chance!

[ QUOTE ]
As long as I can be relatively certain you aren't a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wait, maybe not.

Oh well. I trust wdcbooks to make a better vote than me, and thus throw my vote to wdcbooks

valenzuela 01-16-2007 12:30 PM

When I first voted for me I havent read the rules, anyway my slogan is " war on werewolves".

traz 01-16-2007 12:31 PM

fnord definitely needs a vote imo, he's a very strong villager

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:32 PM

good timing fellas

Spook 01-16-2007 12:33 PM

Platform: I will change the time frame of the game to a four hour game. OR I will send ScottHoward to the capital tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
ok lets make it official.

I vote for valenzuela

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to do something stupid to make sure you are electable, then trade votes with someone.

I think I will be trading tomorrow.

ScottHoward 01-16-2007 12:34 PM

brams comment about xorb wasting his vote struck me as odd. the comment itself wasn’t really odd, as it was a fairly normal observation, but the fact that he said it was odd. it seemed like something that was said just to say something.

xorb being around this early in the game is odd as well. maybe im not use to playing long games, but iirc, he usually isn’t here? feel free to correct me if im wrong anybody.

valenzuela is making an attempt at being very active in the game, yet its still so early. a bit overzealous imo. and as was pointed out, hes not getting voted to the electorate thing, so why waste a vote, unless its an excuse for later (i didn’t vote for xxx because I already voted for myself)?

traz has been fairly active, which is odd. but again, perhaps this is a new traz? he posted a lot early in malleroon as well, I cant speak about many of the other long games as i haven’t paid attention. as a precaution, I wont support traz.

lastly, theres nine wolves, usually wolves are eager to get going. i wouldn’t be surprised if theres at least 4 wolves posting this morning already.

my current “will not support” list (possible wolves duh):
xorb
bram
valenzuela
traz

traz 01-16-2007 12:34 PM

SH should probably get a vote tonight at least, because he's actually decent at spotting wolves when he's a villager

traz 01-16-2007 12:35 PM

my activeness correlates to my class schedule, and not my wolfiness

wdcbooks 01-16-2007 12:36 PM

I will probably be voting Scott tonight if there is room to do so. I think I know a wolf already, but I will hold on to that for a bit.

dmk 01-16-2007 12:36 PM

ok, i don't know wtf is going on w/ this game

just give me a cupcake and i'll be happy

are these cliffnotes accurate? you get 1 vote/day. top 3 vote-getters at end of day vote for lynch.

thats it, right? my head hurts

amplify 01-16-2007 12:36 PM

fnord is a bit inscrutable to me so I

support wdcbooks

Thebram 01-16-2007 12:37 PM

I said it because I was about to post that I didnt like amp's first garbage post, but I liked xorbie's enthusiasum post. But then I didnt like the quick vote.

Much like I liked books' first post, but then didnt like his list.

Boiler? wtf, you cant be serious

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 12:37 PM

I will strongly consider voting for anyone who promises to fix the server without raising taxes.

Stephen H 01-16-2007 12:38 PM

I'm good. Support me! My platform is that I'm not a crazy SOB.
The rules for this game are fascinating.
9 wolves seems like a lot, especially when wolves may control the vote any particular day. Confirmed villagers are probably more valuable than finding a few of the wolves, so that we have good candidates to elect. Seers should consider that when selecting peeks and deciding when to come out - we need alive peeks. I think we have a few villagers who can prove a role-claim, too, so those who can should consider when they should claim as well.
We need to make sure that by the end of day 4 we have a decent number of people eligible for the board; we don't want to get trapped with a small number. I think our goal for the end of day 3 should be to have elected 9 different people.
The assassin is an interesting role. If it was a wide open kill, I'd say fire away for sure. Since it's restricted to the electorate, it's less likely to be good, I think. We'll definately want to use it later when we have a lot of candidates for the kill; for tonight, I'd say hold your fire unless you have a real suspicion of wolfiness. By tomorrow night, if we get 6 different candidates, there's a decent chance there's a wolf in there so feel free to fire (and since eligibility passes to someone else, we don't lose our # of candidates)

traz 01-16-2007 12:38 PM

Also, voting for a wolf isn't the end of the world, though i suppose voting for 2 wolves is pretty bad

Spook 01-16-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo the following people should all have a vote by tomorrow:

books
soah
luckay
shortline
iron yuppie
thebram
spook

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the logic behind this list? A couple of weak players and some wolf buddies? I don't see a lot of BCS names on that list and you are posting before some have even gotten into the thread.

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:41 PM

if you support me ill lynch jeremy!

traz 01-16-2007 12:41 PM

Also, it may seem egotistical, but I'm going to just go ahead and tell them doctors to RAND MY PROTECTION, IF YOU DON'T FULLY TRUST ME.

The dynamic of this game means I'll be a target for n1 kill, where as usually I don't die that much n1. So yea, Rand between me, shortline, xorbie etc...This game, more than others, the wolves NEED to get rid of smart villagers.

The fact that I've posted this means the wolves will have to carefully think about killing me now...so that helps a little at least ;P

BluffBlank 01-16-2007 12:42 PM

I'll support these people:
soah
dmk
traz
mdoran
xorbie
wdcbooks

support traz

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What is the logic behind this list? A couple of weak players and some wolf buddies? I don't see a lot of BCS names on that list and you are posting before some have even gotten into the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does bcs have to do with anything? i want people who can find wolves. a lot of people are "good" because they are clear villagers, or tough wolves, or just generally pretty level headed, logical and good at clearing things up for the village. if there is a wolf on the council, id think they would be found pretty quickly, just from assassin/seers, so its really just a matter of getting people who can spot wolves well and not just do whatever other people say.

MDoranD 01-16-2007 12:48 PM

I am surprised and a little saddened to not be on any of those lists. My platform is solid. My character? Untarnished. A vote for me is a great one, and heres why:

- I am pro-village which will be evident soon enough
- I am above avg at finding wolves
- I will post content and with great fervor
- I may/may not have pro village powers which will help me find wolves.

I think its clear that a vote for MDoranD is a cant lose proposition.

Nicholasp27 01-16-2007 12:49 PM

***Question***

What is the wolves' win condition?

The wolves win when they can't mathematically lose. This could mean there are as many wolves as villagers and assassin is dead or no wolves are eligible. Also, it could mean that all eligible players are wolves.

Do I have to pass on my legacy?

No. You may choose not to pass on your legacy. Upon your death, please pm me what your decision is.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 12:49 PM

Here's the generic strategy for the first day:
Pick a couple people you like. (Support them). After you've read a couple of the people you like's posts, vote for whoever is most villagery.

BTW, I should self-proclaim that this game may be what I specialize in, because I usually focus my strategy on "supporting" people and having them make the lynch anyways. This is a game DESIGNED for me. Nice!

Here's my default support list...basically, who I consider the couple people who I believe would be able to collaborate and make a good choice within 15 minutes. (big key: in addition to being good wolf sensors, they must be able to collaborate in 15 minutes)

this order is in the order of nich's list and is not in my order of preference.

(NOTE: I am not supporting myself. I do, however, want to have a lot of say in convincing people on who to vote for as electorates.)

support soah
support traz
support wdcbooks
support shortline99
support boiler

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- I may/may not have pro village powers which will help me find wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

getting a seer onto the council seems like a pretty busto idea.

traz 01-16-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a game DESIGNED for me. Nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I feel, and I'm kinda excited

Nicholasp27 01-16-2007 12:51 PM

***Question***

Can a roleblocker prevent night kill?

Yes. The wolves need to specify which of them is making the kill each night. If a roleblocker blocks that wolf, then no kill

Which roles have 'night actions' with regards to reporter?

All Wolves
Bakers
Roleblockers
Assassin (if he kills that night)
Innkeepers
Seers
Anybody that was protected in the inn that night

fmxda 01-16-2007 12:52 PM

I don't get what's the deal with "supporting." Does it have any effect on the game?

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 12:53 PM

I absolutely feel that traz should be on the council tonight, however, I will not be voting for traz (because enough people will vote for traz)

I will likely be voting for someone who receives 0 votes, who I deem villagery + could be good potential council material

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 12:54 PM

Ok I am sure it is obvious to you all but I will say it anyways - I am a terrible choice for the council. In the words of William Tecumsah Sherman - If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve.

As for who we should vote for - sure it is easy to support a moderate like Traz or Xorbie but I am a liberal at heart. And it is quite clear to me that there is one candidate here who is more liberal (WRT WW) than any other.

As a result - I will Support LuckayLuck and will likely vote for him later.

BTW Nich - cool theme and very complicated game - I love it

traz 01-16-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what's the deal with "supporting." Does it have any effect on the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, just a way of tabulating how the winds are blowing

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

9 wolves seems like a lot, especially when wolves may control the vote any particular day

[/ QUOTE ]

really? if the village loses id be surprised... no doubt luckay and shorty might find a way to blow it, but with 2 seers, 2 doctors, assassin, voting block and the investigator we should have about half the village confirmed by day five.

Nicholasp27 01-16-2007 12:57 PM

***Question***

Can the electorate elect someone on the council?

No. The three players voted onto the electorate cannot be elected (lynched) that day. That is, the other 2 cannot turn on the third to get rid of him

You talked about possibly ending days early to get two in ones. But with vote buyers in the game, are you still considering this?

Day will end early when all alive players have put in a vote during the day. We will make a decision on deadlines at that time depending on what time it is, etc.

Spook 01-16-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What is the logic behind this list?

[/ QUOTE ]
if there is a wolf on the council, id think they would be found pretty quickly, just from assassin/seers, so its really just a matter of getting people who can spot wolves well and not just do whatever other people say.

[/ QUOTE ]

My main problem with the list was that I am on it. I am a pretty lousy player who hasn't played since early December and hadn't posted in thread yet. But I am good at not being night killed. Any time someone tries to say how 'good' I am I tend to think they are evil.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 12:59 PM

I feel like this should be our play TODAY:

Voting Bloc - EVERYBODY ON THE VOTING BLOC, CLAIM. All 4 of you, vote for one target. NOBODY ELSE VOTE FOR THAT TARGET.

Village places exactly 6 votes on 3 different targets, everybody else can just place a vote on random people.

This way, we can 100% clear the voting bloc.
Anybody want to debate the merits / downfalls of this plan? It's pretty meritorious imo.

wdcbooks 01-16-2007 01:00 PM

Dudes my list was random. Basically I will support anyone who isn't dumb. Mdorand and Bram definitely fit in that description.

fmxda 01-16-2007 01:01 PM

I support LuckayLuck

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Voting Bloc - EVERYBODY ON THE VOTING BLOC, CLAIM. All 4 of you, vote for one target. NOBODY ELSE VOTE FOR THAT TARGET.

Village places exactly 6 votes on 3 different targets, everybody else can just place a vote on random people.

Anybody want to debate the merits / downfalls of this plan? It's pretty meritorious imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

clown's plan is better imo.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait
no
bad plan bad plan

what happens with evil vote buyer + voting bloc interaction?