Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Stars Conclusion (short answer = void is owned) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523326)

Abbaddabba 10-15-2007 02:19 PM

Re: Stars Conclusion

if all he did was play on his sisters account, there's a severe lack of proportionality between the 'crime' and the punishment.

i mean, yeah - he violated the terms of agreement. bonus whoring also violates the terms of agreement of many sites - but it would be overkill to seize everything in the account over what can be regarded as a minor infraction.

thiscardwar 10-15-2007 02:19 PM

lol.

Beat: He just lost over a million dollers.
Brag: Multi-Accounting or not he still managed to come first in WCOOP.
Brag: He doesn't care about the money.

heater 10-15-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

Luisgallo 10-15-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How would the conversation go: Hi sis, I wonder if you could do me a favour. Bit of a downside risk for you in the way of public humiliation, massive legal costs and possible criminal record, but don't worry, none of that will happen.....and the upside for me is pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude we are talking about over 1m$ here!
A lot of people face humiliation everyday for much less...

That was not my point anyway, the guy is a c@nt and he deserves that, I just wanted to know how PS foun out and what are the boundaries, because it looks fine selling the account or sharing it even during a tourney and to me this is almost as much unfair as having 2 accounts.

betgo 10-15-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if all he did was play on his sisters account, there's a severe lack of proportionality between the 'crime' and the punishment.

i mean, yeah - he violated the terms of agreement. bonus whoring also violates the terms of agreement of many sites - but it would be overkill to seize everything in the account over what can be regarded as a minor infraction.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was presumably also playing on his own account and maybe some others.

I am sure Void is a very strong player. He must be anyway to multiaccount a $2500 event.

Quanah Parker 10-15-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a suicide watch for thev0id has just been issued

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.fillthevoid.org/Images/fill-the-void.jpg

AntonHeat 10-15-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda OT but this AP Superuser's tourney on PXF

Its hilariously obvious he can see all cards. Watch it, its shocking

[/ QUOTE ]

Your link is broken. Here ya go:

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA90370/2_20071014_190711/2

I agree it is interesting to actually watch the hands play out. This is [censored] crazy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh cheers, just notived it was broken

Man it puts me on tilt watching that...he plays EVRY hand, talk about drawin attention to yourself

Someones gotta burn for this

[/ QUOTE ]

this was so sick to watch [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

yaaam1484 10-15-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Silly technical question, I am sure this is not an issue, but - when setting up a wireless network, the router has an IP address that all computers talk to. Which IP address does PS read? Is there a chance that two computers on one wireless networks can be viewed as the same IP address which is actually the router?

No need to blast me, I am not a tech dummy but not exactly sure how this works.

[/ QUOTE ]
They communicate with local IPs, while the DSL/whatever-router has 2 IPs, one local and one "internet" IP. You can however get own IPs for all your computers if you buy it from your ISP.

Miffed 10-15-2007 02:40 PM

lolmultiaccountaments.

Dont go near cheating then dont get busted for 1 million.

iMsoLucky0 10-15-2007 03:01 PM

I fail to believe that he was the only multi accounter to cash in this tournament.

If he had came in 3rd I seriously doubt he would have been caught.

That is the only thing that bothers me about all of this.

momo_the_kid 10-15-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fail to believe that he was the only multi accounter to cash in this tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he probably was not the only one. I dont think Stars has the manpower to investigate all the players cashed. but as long as they investigate all the final table players, it is good enought for me. because if multi-accounters realize that once they win big, they will come under investigation and may not get the money. this probably will make multi-accounting -EV for them and deter them from ever trying it. because we know most of the money is at final table, MTT is not worth it if you dont get there often enough even for multi-accounters.

shaniac 10-15-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the "conclusion" here doesn't really do anything to uproot the problem, and Stars is still being pretty vague. We don't even really know if The v0id multiaccounted, colluded, or what.

Anyway, I guess I don't blame Stars for remaining vague, because the truth (what Jordan says above) would probably be too devastating to deal with. But I'm not any more satisfied with their ability to police multiaccounting than I was before they addressed the 2007 WCOOP-ME. With this action, they can pay lip service to game security and integrity, and set some kind of example, but I don't really think it represents any larger amount of justice.

momo_the_kid 10-15-2007 04:31 PM

obv it wont solve all the problems. but one thing I am sure of is that we will see a significant decrease in multi-accounting at least on stars. this is a good enough result for me.

ruinu4good 10-15-2007 05:09 PM

I have seen the email from Stars but I wonder if they really took the money back. No statement on the site about the WCOOP winner...You would think poker mags would be allll over this. This was a huge cash. You would think there would be more to this story but this is only being reported on here. Not saying its not true just think its odd.

fluorescenthippo 10-15-2007 05:14 PM

ty pstars for being awesome.

iMsoLucky0 10-15-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen the email from Stars but I wonder if they really took the money back. No statement on the site about the WCOOP winner...You would think poker mags would be allll over this. This was a huge cash. You would think there would be more to this story but this is only being reported on here. Not saying its not true just think its odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think they pulled 1.3 million out of their pockets to pay to the other players in the tournament?

ruinu4good 10-15-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think they pulled 1.3 million out of their pockets to pay to the other players in the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]
No I just was wondering if this was 100% true. Thats fine Stars sent an email but will they follow through and let everyone on their site know they won't put up with this [censored] and use him as an example?

Shooz 10-15-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dude the money was frozen right after the tournament and is being redistributed today
why is it so many people fail to grasp the most simple points about this situation??

momo_the_kid 10-15-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dude the money was frozen right after the tournament and is being redistributed today
why is it so many people fail to grasp the most simple points about this situation??

[/ QUOTE ]

shooz, thanks for giving us the heads-up! you and your source were right all along.

RikaKazak 10-15-2007 05:33 PM

Re: Stars Conclusion (short answer = void is owned)

since it's stars...I trust it

LOL @ CHEATING!!!

Shooz 10-15-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shooz, thanks for giving us the heads-up! you and your source were right all along.

[/ QUOTE ]
no worries mate, I was merely passing the gossip on as it was passed to me, I was slightly dissapointed with a couple of the doubters as you know, but I guess that's natural over a spread of people. If you knew where it was coming from you'd realize why I was confident in the info... suffice to say one of the main sources is very happy with the outcome!
And of course I wasn't the only one posting the same thing, but got singled out to validate myself because of my post count...

ericicecream 10-15-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it is interesting to actually watch the hands play out. This is [censored] crazy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did pokerxfactor get the hand histories with all the hole cards?

1-outed 10-15-2007 06:04 PM

howdy all, first post here. Just wanted to say 'respect' to Stars... It could not have been easy to make that decision, even if they had all the evidence in the world.

Shooz 10-15-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did pokerxfactor get the hand histories with all the hole cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
someone got it emailed from support I believe, obv they weren't on the ball

mbpoker 10-15-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few months ago Stars caught a player (I think some Norwegian dude) who took 5th or 6th place in SM and DQed him.

Tuco 10-15-2007 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone re-host this? I don't feel like paying $200 to watch it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tuco.

augie_ 10-15-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure this is true!

imabigdeal 10-15-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone re-host this? I don't feel like paying $200 to watch it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's free when u get to the screen about payment x out and click the link again you'll be registered

Shooz 10-15-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure this is true!

[/ QUOTE ]
well it wasn't life changing money for him like it would be for most, but I'm sure he's none too happy

Tuco 10-15-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's free when u get to the screen about payment x out and click the link again you'll be registered

[/ QUOTE ]

x out what?

Sigh im dum

TheRempel 10-15-2007 07:58 PM

Close the tab or window that has PokerXfactor loaded, go back and click the link again and you will be logged in automatically and will start viewing the hand histories.

saraya 10-15-2007 08:29 PM

Certain things have to be clarified, Stephen W wrote
1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

Having stated the above, there are still serious open questions that require the investigation to continue.

Now multiaccounting seems to be out of the question, so where are the evidence that the void should be discqualified ?, and more what about the other probably 500 players that actually were multiaccounting, no further investigation is made upon them, or maybe someone used some other players account. There are no evidence saying anything about any kind of cheating whatsoever. Just not enough evidence saying it was her, that's going a little bit to far. It seems like alot of people in this forum seem enjoyment in people losing money or getting devastated from a loss, ofcourse jealousness is of human nature and people to choose to act like an animal are welcome to, but guess what making this girl lose 1.2m dollars are not going to make your life better. In fact it's not even going to change her life, just a depression of not getting something, and the WCOOP title she was entitled to. There were at least two players on the final table, that i know that were not following the rules of pokerstars. Now The V0id account has followed all rules and there are no evidence pointing on that it was not her playing, altough there are plenty of evidence pointing out other players, and no further investigation are made upon theese players?
It seems like pokerstars are going after the forums reading what the people have to say about it, what kind of company would do such a rdicioulus investigation, and ignore other players actually not obeying the rules?

ginko 10-15-2007 08:37 PM

They probably figured it out based on style/timing tells/bet sizes

Shooz 10-15-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

Having stated the above, there are still serious open questions that require the investigation to continue.

Now multiaccounting seems to be out of the question, so where are the evidence that the void should be discqualified ?, and more what about the other probably 500 players that actually were multiaccounting, no further investigation is made upon them, or maybe someone used some other players account. There are no evidence saying anything about any kind of cheating whatsoever. Just not enough evidence saying it was her, that's going a little bit to far. It seems like alot of people in this forum seem enjoyment in people losing money or getting devastated from a loss, ofcourse jealousness is of human nature and people to choose to act like an animal are welcome to, but guess what making this girl lose 1.2m dollars are not going to make your life better. In fact it's not even going to change her life, just a depression of not getting something, and the WCOOP title she was entitled to. There were at least two players on the final table, that i know that were not following the rules of pokerstars. Now The V0id account has followed all rules and there are no evidence pointing on that it was not her playing, altough there are plenty of evidence pointing out other players, and no further investigation are made upon theese players?
It seems like pokerstars are going after the forums reading what the people have to say about it, what kind of company would do such a rdicioulus investigation, and ignore other players actually not obeying the rules?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your input Mark

Rzitup 10-15-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now multiaccounting seems to be out of the question, so where are the evidence that the void should be discqualified ?,

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the evidence? It is with Pokerstars. And I would guess TheV0id has seen it as well.
Listen, the outcome of Pokerstars decision rests between TheV0id and Pokerstars. There is no one on this forum (or any others) that is going to be able to disect what they found, or whether it was the right decision, without knowing all of the details. Those details are going to remain with the two parties involved. Unless of course TheV0id decides to talk.

Exitonly 10-15-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There were at least two players on the final table, that i know that were not following the rules of pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh?

iplayscared 10-15-2007 08:43 PM

over/under v0id will commit suicide by midnight EST.

Shooz 10-15-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over/under v0id will commit suicide by midnight EST.

[/ QUOTE ]
already a millionaire from a rich family, I'll take the over

Shooz 10-15-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now multiaccounting seems to be out of the question, so where are the evidence that the void should be discqualified ?,

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the evidence? It is with Pokerstars. And I would guess TheV0id has seen it as well.
Listen, the outcome of Pokerstars decision rests between TheV0id and Pokerstars. There is no one on this forum (or any others) that is going to be able to disect what they found, or whether it was the right decision, without knowing all of the details. Those details are going to remain with the two parties involved. Unless of course TheV0id decides to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct, as far as I am aware he/they were given the right to respond to the charge and more than likely had no choice. I was going to respond seriously to the previous post, but in all honesty it's so dumb it's not worth the effort. Also I have a feeling we'll get some more details in due course, Stars know they need to be reasonably transparent on this issue, as they have been in this thread so far...

iMsoLucky0 10-15-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few months ago Stars caught a player (I think some Norwegian dude) who took 5th or 6th place in SM and DQed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I should have said 11th, I realized that as soon as I posted.