Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Getting to Know You - Micros Edition (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532)

lautzutao 11-01-2005 12:08 PM

Re: Getting to Know You - Micros Edition

The Personality test should be a 4-letter response[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AltarBoyCHA 11-01-2005 12:13 PM

Forum Name: AltarBoyCHA
Sex: M
Job: student
Education level: 3L Pitt Law
Living arrangement: Apartment with GF and cat.
Other hobbies: none right now.
A little about your signifigant other: been together 5 years, she works at a cognitive psychology research center and is applying to med school. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I was a top tier debater in high school and started college on a partial tuition debate scholarship. As with most extracirriculars, debate is an amateur activity in high school and a semi-pro one in college. I tired of it after a year and transferred.

Where you want to be in 5 years: working for the government or teaching high school. coaching debate. being ok with being 30. enjoying life. playing good poker.

Myers-Briggs Personality: INFJ

train. 11-01-2005 12:14 PM

Forum Name: trainslayer
Job: train dispatcher
Education Level: 2 years of college
Living arrangement: Wife, daughter and cat
Other hobbies: golf, F1 racing, 81 vette, bicycle riding
signifigant other: married for 24 years, she's a supermom and great business woman.
surprises: no surprises here
5 year plan: buy our own property for our business (actually a 3 year plan), get daughter through HS w/o pulling out what's left of my hair.
Myers-Briggs: ISFP

aargh57 11-01-2005 12:15 PM

Forum Name: Aargh57
Sex: Male
Job: Merchant Mariner (3rd or 2nd Mate)
Education Level: BS Marine Transportation
Living arrangement: 3 BR Townhouse
Other Hobbies: Banjo Picking, Rugby, bowling, reading
A little something about signifigant other: Wife teaches
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: My line of work
Where you want to be in 5 years Not going out to sea for a living anymore

Deamon2 11-01-2005 12:19 PM

I've been lurking for the past couple of months... can't bring myself to say anything for some reason

Forum Name: deamon2
Job: student, intern at EMC
Education level: sophmore at Saint Michael's college
Living arrangement: I live in a suite with roommates that make too many pancakes
Other hobbies: D2 tennis, I play a lot of othello, I used to play ultimate frisbee on a team, drinking, girls
A little about your signifigant other: currently unattatched, but something may be coming soon
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I'm one of the few active members of Mensa under the age of 30
Personality thingy: INTP

Scuba Chuck 11-01-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forum Name: ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S

[/ QUOTE ]

Your name is gay.

milesdyson 11-01-2005 12:25 PM

Forum Name: milesdyson
Job: structural engineer
Education level: b.s. in civil engineering with emphasis in structural engineering
Living arrangement: i live with two dudes i knew in high school. i have posted pictures on this site.
Other hobbies: live poker, other gambling, watching mixed martial arts, college and pro football, and baseball. before i became an old man i worked out, bodysurfed, and paintballed.
A little about your signifigant other: she's way hot.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: that i did well in school
Where you want to be in 5 years: i want to have my professional engineering license. i am not yet sure if i want to go back to school to get a masters degree.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 11-01-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, but some pikers might. BTW, I am a seppo, but spent 3 months on the Goldie while my dad built a boat. Meat pies, I miss the meat pies, and the good aussie beer. 'Gimme a tinne o piss'!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Japanese dad building a boat in aussie with a seppo son.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Steak and mushie pie for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a strange world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you decided to talk in bloody english things wouldn't be so strange! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

english?
nah we speak australian over here

adsman 11-01-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Forum Name: ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S

[/ QUOTE ]

Your name is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damo, I think he's having a go, mate.

Scuba Chuck 11-01-2005 12:40 PM

Forum Name: Scuba Chuck
Sex: Not often enough
Job: Unemployed since Aug 1. Was a financial advisor for 7 years at Morgan Stanley. I am close to taking a job here soon. My real goal then is to try and make sure the job thing doesn't slow my learning curve too much.
Education level: Bachelors - Finance & Investments
Living arrangement: Married, two boys 2 and 5 mos.
Other hobbies: Did I say I had two boys?
A little about your signifigant other: Unbelieveable gal. She would (and does) totally support my dream to be a pro poker player if I want to.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I'm currently paying the bills plaing poker. And I'm not supposed to be one of those people who does that...
Where you want to be in 5 years: Haven't thought that far ahead yet. By the end of 2006, I want to be comfortable playing 30/60 live, Final Table consistently in MTTs, and be able to make about $20k a month from poker playing about 100 hours a month. I don't care if I have a real job or not.
Myers-Briggs Personality: Don't remember.

gharp 11-01-2005 12:40 PM

This is pretty similar to this thread from a few months back. But this one's got more detail:

Forum Name: gharp
Job: Software Developer
Education level: BS
Living arrangement: Own a house in Logan, UT -- I'm married and we have a 21-month old boy
Other hobbies: I play ice (used to be inline) hockey & golf; watch sports, especially baseball; like hiking, fishing, and other outdoorsy stuff
A little about your signifigant other: She's a professor of Structural Engineering at Utah State -- which is why we live here in Logan, UT
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I majored in Astronomy in college -- I decided I didn't want to go the PhD route though, so I got a software job out of college and never went back to my major.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Father of two -- other than that, no idea.
Myers-Briggs Personality: INTJ

gharp 11-01-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I got involved in an African war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, story?

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 11-01-2005 12:56 PM

ahahaha wtf

which one?

numeri 11-01-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably something about somewhere I've been. I have backpacked and camped in Ely, MN (on the border of MN and Canada) over MLK, Jr. Weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you in MN often? I spent 10 years in Duluth, and I visit the cities for the holidays. (My wife's parents live there, and I have a lot of friends there as well.)

adsman 11-01-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I got involved in an African war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, story?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, story?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very short version as this story is much better over a lot of beer, jack daniels and prawns whilst sitting on a blacony overlooking the Coral Sea.

Back in 1999 I was working in Uganda as a riverguide, wasn't making much dosh as a bunch of tourists had just got machettied to death and business was down, (funny that). So another guide and I joined up with a Ugandan special forces captain to smuggle coffee out of the Congo, (where there was a major big-ass war going on.)
We provided the money, he provided the trucks and soldiers to go with us. We went in on the first trip, rolled through a town about 20 miinutes after it had got mortared to $hit. Dry season and the ground was rock hard. Market day. Ugly. I knew I was in over my head when I got handed an AK47. My mate dcided that the only way to get through this was to get shitfaced, so we began drinking litre bottles of ugandan beer. Unfortunately the soldiers thought that was a great idea too.
We got to the belgium coffee grower and bought 3 tonnes of coffee. He was pretty surprised to see two pissed aussies roll up with a squad of uagandan special forces dudes. He told us he could sell us the same again if we could get back.
Driving back, (2 day drive) we were ambushed by I have no clue who, (there were 7 combatting sides in the war). Unfortunately at this time we were not drunk. I was sitting in the back of a truck and just stuck my gun over the rim and shot 3 clips. Two of the guys with us were hit by rounds but not seriously.

We made seven more trips.

The profit was insane.

We got ripped off by the captain and didn't see a cent.

VoraciousReader 11-01-2005 01:12 PM

Forum Name: VoraciousReader
Sex: As often as possible.
Job: Insurance Underwriter

Education level: B.A. Political Science and Philosophy

Living arrangement: Rented duplex with SO and 1 calico cat.

Other hobbies: Writing fiction, bike riding.

A little about your signifigant other: Gil is an 8th grade teacher and girls basketball coach, and actually way too good for me. He also hates almost all forms of gambling, including poker, and wishes I would go broke and have to quit.

Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I'm a Democrat. (That is not surprising in and of itself, but where I live it's positively shocking.)

Where you want to be in 5 years: Writing for a living.

Myers-Briggs Personality: ENFP

gharp 11-01-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, story?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very short version as this story is much better over a lot of beer, jack daniels and prawns whilst sitting on a blacony overlooking the Coral Sea.

Back in 1999 I was working in Uganda as a riverguide, wasn't making much dosh as a bunch of tourists had just got machettied to death and business was down, (funny that). So another guide and I joined up with a Ugandan special forces captain to smuggle coffee out of the Congo, (where there was a major big-ass war going on.)
We provided the money, he provided the trucks and soldiers to go with us. We went in on the first trip, rolled through a town about 20 miinutes after it had got mortared to $hit. Dry season and the ground was rock hard. Market day. Ugly. I knew I was in over my head when I got handed an AK47. My mate dcided that the only way to get through this was to get shitfaced, so we began drinking litre bottles of ugandan beer. Unfortunately the soldiers thought that was a great idea too.
We got to the belgium coffee grower and bought 3 tonnes of coffee. He was pretty surprised to see two pissed aussies roll up with a squad of uagandan special forces dudes. He told us he could sell us the same again if we could get back.
Driving back, (2 day drive) we were ambushed by I have no clue who, (there were 7 combatting sides in the war). Unfortunately at this time we were not drunk. I was sitting in the back of a truck and just stuck my gun over the rim and shot 3 clips. Two of the guys with us were hit by rounds but not seriously.

We made seven more trips.

The profit was insane.

We got ripped off by the captain and didn't see a cent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.

numeri 11-01-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya.

VoraciousReader 11-01-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah well, we can't all be seppo's I guess, right Dam-O? Good on ya mate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Add me to the aussie list. Do ya reckon any seppo's here know what seppo means?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, but some pikers might. BTW, I am a seppo, but spent 3 months on the Goldie while my dad built a boat. Meat pies, I miss the meat pies, and the good aussie beer. 'Gimme a tinne o piss'!

[/ QUOTE ]
Japanese dad building a boat in aussie with a seppo son. It's a strange world. Steak and mushie pie for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I understood about 10 words in that entire conversation.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit: Wow adsman. My life is boring.

NateDog 11-01-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah well, we can't all be seppo's I guess, right Dam-O? Good on ya mate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Add me to the aussie list. Do ya reckon any seppo's here know what seppo means?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Japanese dad building a boat in aussie with a seppo son. It's a strange world. Steak and mushie pie for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I understood about 10 words in that entire conversation.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi Seppo. Everyone who hasn't should really, really visit Australia at some point in their life. Aussies really, really like piss (beer), footy (Aussie rules football & rugby), and sheila's (women). Doesn't it sound like heaven?

macdaddy991 11-01-2005 01:52 PM

Forum Name: macdaddy991
Job: Bartender and full time student
Education level: will have psych degree in Dec
Living arrangement: house with 4 other roomates
Other hobbies: basketball, investing (im a noob)
A little about your signifigant other:None at the moment (I think I am going through a man whore stage)
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I swallowed anti freeze when I was 2
Where you want to be in 5 years: Doctorate in Psy or Soc, perhaps teaching or counseling, investing heavily in the market and maybe actually being decent at poker
Myers-Briggs Personality: INFJ

littlebu 11-01-2005 02:02 PM

Forum Name: littlebu
Job: Student
Education level: still studying
Living arrangement: home
Other hobbies:Soccer, restoring my 79 malibu(see screen name), bonsai trees, reading, running
A little about your signifigant other:She's Perfect
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: Played soccer in a junior olympic tournament in Amsterdam the summer before my senior year. People thought I was to small to play competitively(sp?)
Where you want to be in 5 years: Owning a home, just enjoying life
Myers-Briggs Personality: Outgoing

Weatherhead03 11-01-2005 02:33 PM

Forum Name:Weatherhead03
Sex:Male
Job:Going to school so I dont have one.
Education level:University student in my first year.
Living arrangement:Living at home with my mom.
Other hobbies:Play volleyball for TRU in Canada.
A little about your signifigant other:She is 18 and attends the same University that I do. Been together 2 years almost.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it:That you can actually make money playing this game.
Where you want to be in 5 years:Finishing off some degree in school or else in Vegas or something of that sort.
Myers-Briggs Personality:Outgoing.

Ignignokt 11-01-2005 02:59 PM

Forum Name: ignignokt
Sex: All man, baby
Job: Freelance writer
Education level: Dropped out of college freshman year to be in a band, later went back for a professional cert
Living arrangement: Own a townhouse, one floor of which is currently all ripped up.
Other hobbies: Music (playing, listening), softball, working out
A little about your significant other: Dating a couple of people after taking a year off women
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I'd take a year off women
Where you want to be in 5 years: Doing everything I'm doing now, but better, and possibly doing it from a Caribbean beach
Myers-Briggs Personality: ENFJ (which explains why I want to build enough roll to start playing live)

TennesseeKid 11-01-2005 03:03 PM

Forum Name: Tennesseekid
Job: In between jobs, I last worked as a server at Acadia National park, and yes usually serving or bartending
Education level: Some college
Living arrangement: At parent's home
Other hobbies: Reading, Writing, Chess, Sports, Music
A little about your signifigant other: I just moved back from Tampa recoiling from a "significant other"
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I've only had some college
Where you want to be in 5 years: Good enough at poker for it to be regular supplemental income or even just regular income
Myers-Briggs Personality: INTP (This also suprises people, mainly the introvert part)

chadplusplus 11-01-2005 03:11 PM

Forum Name: chadplusplus
Job: Lawyer in December if I passed the bar
Education level: BS (Com Sci/Physics), JD
Living arrangement: Apartment
Other hobbies: flyfishing, snowboarding, guitar, drinking
A little about your signifigant other: 25, law student, been together over a year, she's not happy, end may be in sight
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That lawyers don't make as much as people think
Where you want to be in 5 years: Partner in my little 3 lawyer office
Myers-Briggs Personality: INTJ

Kwaz 11-01-2005 03:12 PM

Forum Name: Kwazzie
Job: Law Enforcement (I'm a spy!)
Education level: Double Bachelors (Edu,HMB)
Living arrangement: Own 2bd apartment
Other hobbies: Golf, Aikido, Shooting, Snowboarding.
A little about your signifigant other: Married for 3 yrs to a Queensland Gold Coast babe.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I'm an Aussie living in New Zealand and that I'm a spy.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Doing what I'm doing now - only better.
Myers-Briggs Personality: WTF

BTW. It's not called a 'pie with mushy peas' it's just a pie 'n' peas mate.

aces_dad 11-01-2005 03:12 PM

I maintain my own college football rankings which are much more accurate than the AP poll.

You have a linky to your college football polls? I'd be interested in checking it out. Or a cut and paste of your current one would do.

VoraciousReader 11-01-2005 03:34 PM

One thing I find interesting about this thread is that almost everyone who replied is an "N" personality type. I think Ns are only about 30% of the overall population, IIRC. (I may be way off on that.) Otherwise, we have Es and Is, and Ts and Fs, and Js and Ps.

So I wonder:

1) Are Ns more drawn to poker?
2) Are Ns more likely to respond to threads like this?
3) Are Ns more likely to have taken the personality test and know their type?
4) Is there another variable at work?
5) Small sample size?

Redd 11-01-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an Aussie living in New Zealand and that I'm a spy.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, this post sounds like a bad career move.

Pyromaniac 11-01-2005 03:50 PM

vaguely, I'd say

[ QUOTE ]
1) Are Ns more drawn to poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or rather, more likely to be able to do well at numbers/odds, to understand what they really mean.

Like, an S is more likely to see test results and go, "OMG, the chances of my baby having a birth defect just doubled"...whereas an N will look at the same results and say, "Well, now it's 1-in-1000 instead of 1-in-2000...so not really quite as dramatic as all that"...

That's my foggy recollection of the S/N split--that N's are better at following the implications of data.

Whether that really has anything to do with the response here in pokerland, who knows [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kwaz 11-01-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm an Aussie living in New Zealand and that I'm a spy.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, this post sounds like a bad career move.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

V4P 11-01-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought your name was miles

V4P 11-01-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other hobbies: I have been doing brazilian jiu-jitsu for almost 4 years

[/ QUOTE ]

When I lived in Southern Cal. a few summers ago I noticed this stuff was pretty popular...How did youget started in it?

Buzz-cp 11-01-2005 04:34 PM

Forum Name: Buzz-cp
Job: chemistry professor
Education level: M.S. in Organic Chem
Living arrangement: cashed out of house, and renting another house
Other hobbies: golf, chess, family, tennis, learning, sci-fi, politics, beer, wine, gin, coffee, milk, dr pepper, water, fluids in general, digital photography, leisure, music (prog), etc, etc...
A little about your signifigant other: linguistics, sense of humor, awesome
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: arrested twice as a pre-teen
Where you want to be in 5 years: building a straw-bale house in rural california, while on leave from work
Myers-Briggs Personality: ENTP

Redd 11-01-2005 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: considers 'dr. pepper' to be a hobby

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Buzz-cp 11-01-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forum Name: Numeri
Job: community college Math/Stats Instructor
Education level: Masters+

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew there was something we had in common. How funky is that?

V4P 11-01-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: arrested twice as a pre-teen

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't leave us hanging...lets hear a story

Nfinity 11-01-2005 04:54 PM

Forum Name: Nfinity
Job: Poker pays the small bills. Grants/Loans Pay Big ones.
Education Level: Finishing first year of college.
Living Arrangement: Upstairs of a small house converted into an apartment.
A little about your significant other: AMD Athlon 2600+, Abit KD7A motherboard, 1 Gig RAM(baby needs an upgrade Fo' Sho') Custom painted case. Her twin sister is with one of my best friends, we occasionally get together for a foursome.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I'm a sociopath.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Finished with my Bachelors in Journalism, being the bane of any Editors existence(F' a deadline) Playing Mid-Limit Poker and dabbling in all the variations. All of this safely away from the epicenter of the Tard Vortex.
Myers Briggs Personality: It's been a while, but I think it was INTP

plaidlesspez 11-01-2005 04:59 PM

Forum Name: plaidlesspez
Job: Used to be cart guy at Target, but I quit. :/
Education level: Senior at High School
Living arrangement: With my parents. hrhrhr
Other hobbies: Tennis, Saxophone, Music, Pokemon cards, Hacky Sack
A little about your signifigant other: Hopefully I'll have one by prom.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: I play Pokemon cards.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Completing college, have some direction in my life, have a band, figure out some job that I like.