Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat:My apartment was burglarized (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553645)

IrishPete 11-24-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Beat:My apartment was burglarized

Massive beat OP.

My house that I lived in for 2 years before now was broken into 3 times and attempted a total of 5 times [one time they tried to kick a door in which opened outwards...go figure. i lost like 2 laptops, an ipod, 2 phones and all my PS2 games. Urs seems worse, and i had insurance :P

btw, ur belts were used to tie ur mac/consoles etc together so burglar cud carry them easier.

DukeofJheim 11-24-2007 07:54 PM

get insurance

killsadie 11-24-2007 07:57 PM

that sucks

fybpm 11-24-2007 08:24 PM

For all of you with a lot of nice things, renters insurance isn't expensive at all. It's actually a joke...

I pay $17/mo for $50k worth of coverage @ Farmers Ins. For all computer equipment, electronics, rings, watches, and clothing. Its really a no questions asked policy on the honor system.

Any claims filed just subtract a $500 deductible (you need not pay $500, just get that subtracted from your total payout) and they take care of it. You just take pics of the stuff you have and they give you an inventory sheet to fill out, pretty awesome.

So those of us ballin, $12 a month is like 1/4 a wasted PF raise with AK.

ShowUthExit 11-24-2007 08:28 PM

thats what my place always looked like my 4 years in college

tough one dude, not a good chance, but I hope you find the ppl responsible

Michael Stackson 11-24-2007 08:29 PM

yeah this really sucks!I live on the nortwest side of Chicago,about 15 minutes from Wrigley Field not a bad area at all imo.For those who asked I make beats for local artists.Im going to look at some pawn shops tomorrow maybe I can recover something.

Rainclouds 11-24-2007 08:31 PM

To the guys who say 'get insurance'.. yeah, it's a no-brainer, and yes, OP should.... but that's really not the issue here.

OP already says that he can use his roll to replace it all.

The most brutal thing is the fact that strangers have been in your own living space, violated your privacy and showed total disrespect by trashing the place. The $20-30K damage sucks but is replacable. But when your apartment is trashed in this kind of way, you will never feel secure anymore in your own home. Never. Insurance does not cover that.

neverforgetlol 11-24-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- to EVERYONE: get renter's insurance --> It's roughly $200 / year. it's as much of a no-brainer as there is in our world today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even pay that much, and I the only thing I own of real value is my computer. OP had a ton of stuff, should have been a no-brainer.

That's not to say I don't feel bad for OP, but you just have to consider these things.

primetime32 11-24-2007 08:33 PM

This definitely was not some random break in. Not sure if this was suggested, but i would bet this was done by someone that knew something about you. From the looks of your place the thief thought you stashed some cash in your place. As a poker player that is pretty common.

LambFern 11-24-2007 08:34 PM

There's a good chance you know the person who did this. Maybe they told their thief buddies. I would say its even more likely you know the person if your place is the only apt to be hit in the last week or two.

Michael Stackson 11-24-2007 08:36 PM

My neighbors where out of town for Thanksgiving.The detectives said someone must of been watching the building for a while.

RikaKazak 11-24-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] they killed the place

id be so pissed

sorry op

[/ QUOTE ]

RikaKazak 11-24-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get insurance

[/ QUOTE ]

getting insurance is a -EV gamble...so I wouldn't call it a "no brainer" like others say

but it does reduce variance [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Crazy Porto 11-24-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My neighbors where out of town for Thanksgiving.The detectives said someone must of been watching the building for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

O REALLY [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Michael Stackson 11-24-2007 08:59 PM

Thanks for all the advice in the PMs everyones sending.To everyone asking my FTP name its aj soprano

Gullanian 11-24-2007 09:22 PM

You learnt the hard way to get insurance [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to hear the news, it sucks but things will get better don't worry!

tehpokarplayor 11-24-2007 10:23 PM

TC and Good luck

dave88 11-24-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the looks of your place the thief thought you stashed some cash in your place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking as I looked at the photos.

questions 11-24-2007 11:14 PM

Sorry about that. I've been mugged, so I know how traumatic it can be being the victim of a crime. If you have problems sleeping or have nightmares or lingering anger about this, get counseling. As to renter's insurance, I'm not sure how that works, but you may not be able to get it now, or else it will be more expensive (obviously).

thrasher789 11-25-2007 01:30 AM

holy [censored] that's brutal

at least they didn't take your dunk high's

oscillator 11-25-2007 01:54 AM

wow i live on belmont...youre close! im so sorry man! i dont know what id do if my gear got stolen....[censored]

cpitt398 11-25-2007 02:16 AM

pretty weak desk considering the rest of your place looks like it was pretty nice

not a model 11-25-2007 02:23 AM

at least he didnt leave a sign that said "ty"

man that would tilt me so bad

icheckraiseu 11-25-2007 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And just the fact that you are being burglarized wont get you on steamy lifetilt?

OP, i feel soo sorry for you man. They should [censored] brun in the [censored] hell. Went through something similar 3 years ago, but it was just one tv, laptop, and money. not much tho, as i was new in that town.

oober 11-25-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a good chance you know the person who did this. Maybe they told their thief buddies. I would say its even more likely you know the person if your place is the only apt to be hit in the last week or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds are high here that someone you know is involved. Usually is the case.

deaders 11-25-2007 04:26 AM

[censored] ive been putting off getting renter's insurance but now im calling the insurance company first thing monday. condolences op

Lord_Strife 11-25-2007 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys making fun of OP deserve a grease fire.

[censored] brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

nutsflopper 11-25-2007 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I make beats for local artists.

[/ QUOTE ]

rappers maybe?

Donkey-Milker 11-25-2007 04:53 AM

are you gonna move out now? i prob wouldn't stay knowing it could happen again to my new stuff. ul man

fozzy71 11-25-2007 04:56 AM

Been there - done that.

It sucked bad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

rakemeplz 11-25-2007 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys making fun of OP deserve a grease fire.

[censored] brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just who called the shortstacker morality police? WHO DAMNNIT?

GTL 11-25-2007 05:16 AM

yeah, generally when it's not a crime of opportunity (door was left open and some delivery guy jacks your laptop) it's some sort of acquaintance that thinks you might have a lot of cash in there. or it could just be a random beat.

Nielsio 11-25-2007 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get insurance

[/ QUOTE ]

getting insurance is a -EV gamble...so I wouldn't call it a "no brainer" like others say

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody claimed it was +EV. I can't think of any reason why you would go against the "no brainer" sentiment.

Thrahl 11-25-2007 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Inside job son.

"I know this kid lives in an apt with all kinds of sick gear.

N**** you aint got to explain sh**!!!
I been robbin mutha F***** since the slave ships!!"

TheMetetron 11-25-2007 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get insurance

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody claimed it was +EV. I can't think of any reason why you would go against the "no brainer" sentiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's -EV and some people can handle the variance?

I'd never buy renter's insurance for instance. Clearly not a no brainer.

PiquetteAces 11-25-2007 06:44 AM

I was burglarized 2 years ago.

- I was coming back from a live 5-5 NL, where I've made 1600$. At this time, I was playing from 9pm to 5am about every night.

- The morning before, someone has rang at my door, while I was sleeping, when I have opened, he just ask me if I was interesting about joining a meeting related to jesus. Maybe he spot my appartement because when the shades of my living room are open, we can see what's in it ( I was in a basement ) & was checking if there was someone in it. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

- I think there was only one burgler, because of the quantity of things stolen.

1 Laptop sony Vaio
60 DVDs
60 CDs
1 big smarties box full of 1-cent (14$ roughly)
1 14" TV (He hasn't took the 28" one)
Every remotes control
1 cheap DVD'reader that worth 39$ in a wall mart at this time
1 useless modem that come from the internet'compagny
1 playstation1 ( old thing )

-I was insured & was compensated. I have received a brand new laptop vaio & a brand new 14"TV (my old one was 12 years old)

-The person, I was in contact with for the insurance did his own investigation & call me few days after, & told me that there will be further investigation, because he has discovered that I was having financial 'problems at this time. I told him "what???", then he told me that I havent made a minimum'payment ( like 28$ ) on my credit card 5 months earlier. lolololol --- 5 months earlier, I was cashing 24k$ in the WSOP & there are at least 10 website that can confirm that.

- jpp

teh_minbet_pokr 11-25-2007 06:59 AM

didnt read all the replies, but i would seriously consider the possibility that someone you know did this. the fact that they so utterly trashed the place makes me believe this.

noticed the cards and chips on the kitchen table, do you host a game with any friends that you wouldnt trust to watch your place for the weekend? or had any suspicious people over that you dont know personally that are maybe the friend of a friend?

MauMau 11-25-2007 09:37 AM

thats really bad

fusting43210 11-25-2007 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how you feel but everything is replaceable. Be happy you were not home at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather be home and shoot him/her/them clean through the head then come home to this

JokersAttack 11-25-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur a moran