Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Vaporizers, is the Volcano worth it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556774)

The Don 11-30-2007 01:57 AM

Re: Vaporizers, is the Volcano worth it?

I'd say only if you smoke at least 1/4oz. per week.

tcorbin16 11-30-2007 02:11 AM

which is better...

vaporizer or bong...

i currently have a ROOR and like it. was gonna get a vapor just for the health purposes. idk

benza13 11-30-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which is better...

vaporizer or bong...

i currently have a ROOR and like it. was gonna get a vapor just for the health purposes. idk

[/ QUOTE ]

two totally different things, both are great to have though.

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my vapo but sometimes you need a good bong rip.

choices man, lifes all about having choices.

nath 11-30-2007 02:16 AM

Volcano is great. I have an array of smoking toys.

supafrey 11-30-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im high off my volcano right now

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rutang 11-30-2007 03:39 AM

volcano also saves you money in the long run... your weed just lasts longer and gets you higher. The poster who said it's a different kind of high is right, it's more similar to brownie highs

flyingmoose 11-30-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im high off my brand [censored] new volcano right now

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wet work 11-30-2007 12:07 PM

I have one that kind of just sits around. For some reason I've never really gotten into the vaporizers. They're also not really conducive to sneaking a quick toke. The few times I've used them I've noticed that the high just doesn't seem complete and it doesn't seem to last as long either. My sample size is pretty small though. Maybe I'll fire it up tonite and reevaluate.

astroglide 11-30-2007 12:22 PM

jesus, indicated by the owner responses here alone the manufacturer must be raking in the dough.

CrayZee 11-30-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you use lower quality weed but a little more to get the same high since it just burns out the THC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thought this thread would die faster...

Anyways...You can def. tell the diff. in quality of product, but yea you can load it w/ lower grade and be dandy.

There's pro's and con's to the Volcano, but overall I like it. I figure it as a long term investment since I probably won't drop the benign vice anytime soon, I might as well be healthier about it then. I just wish it was portable so I could take it to the beach or something.

If you don't completely spend your Volcano's bowls, you can use it for baked goods or whatever, if you like that sort of thing.

Also, I think I saw a cheaper Chinese knockoff (~$200?)...but with all the bad press about Chinese goods, it probably spits out lead fumes.

drexah 11-30-2007 02:07 PM

you can buy a volcano on ebay for like $250-$300

then yes, it's worth it.

CrayZee 11-30-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can buy a volcano on ebay for like $250-$300

then yes, it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pick up a used one if cash is a concern. Used and refurb stuff is underrated...or I just run good. The only thing you don't get is the warranty but this thing is pretty sturdy (although aluminum is pretty soft).

Synur 11-30-2007 05:31 PM

Reading all these posts on vaporizers got me motivated to smoke out of my VapirOne again. I live pretty damn close to Mexico so we get pretty good schwag for a cheap price. I was complaining about the high that I get from the vaporizer, but this time I loaded two bags full of vapor from a bowl. Normally I just filled up one bag. It seems I have been wasting weed because I got so high I couldn't finish the second bag. It was a pretty damn good high and it lasted quite awhile. If the Volcano is supposed to be the creme de le creme of vaporizers then if you can afford it I say make the purchase.

God bless weed and video games.

RustedCorpse 11-30-2007 06:06 PM

I've done a ton of scouring on this and the volcano blows everything else away. I personally haven't purchased on yet because I'm cheap, and don't know anyone selling good green here.

Of note one thing I read (can't find link) is that all vaporizers other than the volcano actually show insignificant health benefits.

mike0292 11-30-2007 08:55 PM

weed economy is huge.

lately I've been saving all my leftover weed. Usually you fill like 10 bags or so when it's packed pretty well. Save the leftovers for a rainy day when I don't have any and don't feel like going out. Pack that [censored] with all the brown leftovers, turn up the temp to 195, and get baked again.

Butcho22 11-30-2007 09:48 PM

Whether or not it's good for me, I don't care. Give me a bong any day over a volcano plz. I like to choke and hack and blow big clouds of smoke everywhere.

The only way I'd switch to a vaporizer was if I had trouble getting pot and I wanted to make my stash last as long as possible. Even then, I dunno.

toohigh 11-30-2007 11:47 PM

I just went out and got the Digi-Vapor VP500 after reading this thread, paid $500.

I originally tried a volcano a few months ago in a coffee shop in Amsterdam. I wasn't impressed at the time, but that's probably cuz I was blazed out of my mind to begin with.

Anyways, I just smoked 3 bags, and I'm pretty blazed. It tastes kinda strong to me, not as pleasant as a blunt or joint. But the effects are similar. And the hits don't feel weaker necessarily with the vapo eaither, they hit hard too.

Total setup time is similar to that of preparing a joint, blunt, or pipe, so nothing to complain about there. It's somewhat portable, but I'd rather keep mine in one place. It's not like I'm gonna bring it with me when I drive and plug it into my cigarette lighter or something.

So all-in-all, from a stoner's perspective who has really never had experience with a vapo, I'd give the whole experience a 7/10. Hopefully it'll last me long enough to get my $500 worth.

AntonHeat 12-01-2007 03:36 PM

no one use's old pop cans + tin foil anymore [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

GrandMelon 12-01-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one use's old pop cans + tin foil anymore [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]haha i did this in high school except we used a water bottle instead

69sofine 12-01-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]haha i did this in high school except we used a water bottle instead

[/ QUOTE ]haha this brought back so many memories from my junior year

RustedCorpse 12-01-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alzheimer's man alzheimer's.

w_alloy 12-01-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like I'm gonna bring it with me when I drive and plug it into my cigarette lighter or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually do this sometimes. I got a cheap general purpose cigarette lighter adapter and the volc sits nicely between the two front seats in my car.

I first heard of the volcano on these forums and I'm very happy I bought one.