Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Roommate from Hell (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=157970)

astroglide 07-10-2006 02:16 PM

Re: Roommate from Hell

i'm sure you can make life living hell for him if he doesn't go peacefully.

pics of the actual living room w/the lathe would be great!

PITTM 07-10-2006 02:20 PM

i think my biggest pet peeve in the universe is when someone buys something they cant take back, and then when they realize they cant have it for some reason they say "well, its too late now, i already did that". no, fix your mistake. you cant just intentionally do something stupid and then not take responsibility for it. you guys should throw his lathe into the street.

rj

Evan 07-10-2006 02:22 PM

You should lathe yourself a spear and fight him.

Edge34 07-10-2006 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Seriously, this damn thing has me almost in tears. Best line of the thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SackUp 07-10-2006 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Seriously, this damn thing has me almost in tears. Best line of the thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bring video please!

ScottieK 07-10-2006 02:37 PM

You should leave a note on the lathe that goes like this...

"You are a real f-ing a-hole. Next time you block my living room with this lathe, I'm having this piece of garbage towed and ticketed. You got a f-ing problem with that, just let me know you f-ing c sucker."

Then he'll probably leave you a note on your door that is polite and briefly explains the situation with his lathe and that it did not appear to him that he was blocking your living room, and that if it was such a big problem you should just have the lathe towed instead of writing a tough guy letter. He may also put his name and apt # on the bottom....even though he lives with you.

Now here's the smart bit. You leave a THIRD note which lets him know that you're still in a bad mood and some other things. It shouldn't have the tough guy tone of the first note. At this point, the whole thing will be lame and he'll just move out anyways.

(apologies to hawk59)

ScottieK

SackUp 07-10-2006 02:39 PM

nice work scottie.

i love the cross integration of threads.

ScottieK 07-10-2006 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice work scottie.

i love the cross integration of threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then we'll see the OOT post:

"very angry note on my lathe"

and it's all over.

ScottieK

AtlBrvs4Life 07-10-2006 02:46 PM

Got a crappy pic with my phone. See, not as bad as probably imagined. Still a [censored] lathe in the living room though.

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/9...17176204jf.jpg

Evan 07-10-2006 02:48 PM

That's more awesome than I ever could have hoped.

SackUp 07-10-2006 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got a crappy pic with my phone. See, not as bad as probably imagined. Still a [censored] lathe in the living room though.

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/9...17176204jf.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

you seriously need to put a note on it similar to the car thread and see what happens.

that is hilarious you have a nice tv, decent couches and then an old ass beat up lathe in your room. hahahaha

onthebutton 07-10-2006 02:49 PM

If it's in a common room, it must be for everyone's use. I bet you could really peel some potatoes with that son of a bitch.

Or, try to make yourself some furniture using steel pipes.

Evan 07-10-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet you could really peel some potatoes with that son of a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like where your head's at.

4_2_it 07-10-2006 02:50 PM

Can you get hurt from that thing?

offTopic 07-10-2006 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet you could really peel some potatoes with that son of a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like where your head's at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the roommate on curly fry making detail. That should make up for any funds lost due to unauthorized beer consumption.

Evan 07-10-2006 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the main purpose of a lathe is to catch a man's tie when he's standing too close to it and smash his face into the wood.

The DaveR 07-10-2006 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

offTopic 07-10-2006 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem. If they give the guy any lip, he'll turn them all into table legs and baseball bats.

SackUp 07-10-2006 03:00 PM

we need stuey to make a picture of zidane cracking the lathe with his head.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3378/zidane9ex.gif + http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/294...76204jf4oz.jpg = problem solved

PITTM 07-10-2006 03:03 PM

im lol'ing myself to death at work right now.

rj

SackUp 07-10-2006 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the main purpose of a lathe is to catch a man's tie when he's standing too close to it and smash his face into the wood.

[/ QUOTE ]

classic

By-Tor 07-10-2006 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-He bought a lathe, and without asking anybody, placed it in the living room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard

punkass 07-10-2006 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

NeedsMoreNuts 07-10-2006 03:14 PM

Handcuff him to the lathe until he agrees to leave. After a couple hours, start threatening him WITH the lathe that he's handcuffed to.

astroglide 07-10-2006 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan 07-10-2006 03:19 PM

Creative idea #48:

Strap colored flashlights to the lathe, turn it on, turn off the lights and have a SEXY PARTY!

The DaveR 07-10-2006 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Creative idea #48:

Strap colored flashlights to the lathe, turn it on, turn off the lights and have a SEXY PARTY!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so gay. The only thing the room needs now is a drill press.

Evan 07-10-2006 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Creative idea #48:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, do you have any idea how many chicks you could pull with a disco lathe?

The DaveR 07-10-2006 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Creative idea #48:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, do you have any idea how many chicks you could pull with a disco lathe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks dig a big drill press for obvious reasons.

Shajen 07-10-2006 03:30 PM

Daver,

Compound Miter Saw ftw.

Elevens 07-10-2006 03:33 PM

Sell the damn thing on eBay.

Cry Me A River 07-10-2006 03:36 PM

Why isn't the lathe in his bedroom? That's retarded!

Here's the way out of your situation... You, or one of your other good roomates needs to "come out" (hey, take one for the team!) and start hitting on this guy. Repeatedly and constantly. When he complains, you guys all have to stick together, call him a homophobe and insist the rest of you are all open minded... If you really want to get him out fast, start regularly making out in the livingroom with your other roommates.

punkass 07-10-2006 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the way out of your situation... You, or one of your other good roomates needs to "come out" (hey, take one for the team!) and start hitting on this guy. Repeatedly and constantly. When he complains, you guys all have to stick together, call him a homophobe and insist the rest of you are all open minded... If you really want to get him out fast, start regularly making out in the livingroom with your other roommates.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can backfire immediately.

Evan 07-10-2006 03:38 PM

All, if your plan doesn't involve lathing something it probably sucks.

onthebutton 07-10-2006 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I have vastly different problem-solving strategies, sir. No roommate is that bad.

Gunny Highway 07-10-2006 03:38 PM

When he's not home, just start taking his blongings and lathing them down to nothing one by one.

Seriously though, that thing's not that big. Why doesn't he keep it in his room?

SackUp 07-10-2006 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure how making out with his roommates helps his situation??

Evan 07-10-2006 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he's not home, just start taking his blongings and lathing them down to nothing one by one.

Seriously though, that thing's not that big. Why doesn't he keep it in his room?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's probably smart enough not to want a lathe in his room.

suzzer99 07-10-2006 03:41 PM

That is about the funniest picture I have ever seen. And even funnier to me is I have no idea why it's so funny.

SLOTD sir! I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.

Just print up that picture and carry it around in your wallet. Pull it out if anyone ever tries to take your roommate's side or doubts his douchey-ness.

Evan 07-10-2006 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is about the funniest picture I have ever seen. And even funnier to me is I have no idea why it's so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simplicity. There's nothing fancy or pompous, it's just a lathe in the living room.