Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We win (AP Scandal v. 27) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526198)

Exitonly 10-18-2007 11:18 PM

Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
clay it's more then that pretty sure since poker wasn't the only thing they tried to steal from.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd time you've said this, but you've killed them in BJ... what you hinting at?

JSmith2007 10-18-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clay it's more then that pretty sure since poker wasn't the only thing they tried to steal from.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

AP BJ?

adanthar 10-18-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man I need to pay someone to kep track of all the latest developments, I read on P5 that 'steamroller' has now been linked to another AP bigwig, can anyone confirm/deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

end of the old thread

Solanthos 10-18-2007 11:19 PM

Again, great job to everyone involved, awesome sleuthing work. Including but certainly not limited to, TheWacoKidd, N82, Adanthar...

so sick bro 10-18-2007 11:19 PM

gg everyone, gg.

ammbo 10-18-2007 11:20 PM

If I may connect a few dots...

According to the wayback machine (www.archive.org), the statement on AP's site that they are owned by a Kahnawake sole proprietorship did not appear on the site until after June, 2007.

Scott Tom stopped shilling for AP on 2p2 around June, 2007.

The questionable playing started soon after June, 2007.

I am guessing that a statement will be released that the ex-owner compromised a number of accounts and Absolute had no idea the hole existed, hence the denials.

Redgrape 10-18-2007 11:20 PM

Wow decided to take a break from midterm studying to see an update, very pleasing results.

NoahSD 10-18-2007 11:20 PM

Nat and adanthar should never have to buy a drink or meal at any poker event again ever.

sightless 10-18-2007 11:20 PM

wow go bbv

Xylocain 10-18-2007 11:21 PM

Unless at least a halfdozen people goes to jail 30y+, nothing has really been achieved ... next time they do it they wont be so blatant.

I hope people get some of their money back tho especially all those that were pwned by other accounts and at other stakes than those discussed in the threads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

my2

ebepse 10-18-2007 11:21 PM

this is cool imo

Deuce2High 10-18-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] the audit, people need to go to jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. We have some group of ex-frat brothers that set up this company and then proceeded to cheat their customer out of tons (1 mil?) money. There is no telling what Absolute has done to its customers in the past. How long has this been going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

People shoulld be killed for this type of [censored] IMO. Unfortunately for me people probably won't even go to jail. It would be really nice if at least a few ended up going to jail or at least losing everything they have in terms of reputation and credability internationally.

snagglepuss 10-18-2007 11:22 PM

people should hold their judgement and contain their excitement and limit their speculation until more information comes out

also, nice admo nice

whangarei 10-18-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I may connect a few dots...

According to the wayback machine (www.archive.org), the statement on AP's site that they are owned by a Kahnawake sole proprietorship did not appear on the site until after June, 2007.

Scott Tom stopped shilling for AP on 2p2 around June, 2007.

The questionable playing started soon after June, 2007.

I am guessing that a statement will be released that the ex-owner compromised a number of accounts and Absolute had no idea the hole existed, hence the denials.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

apefish 10-18-2007 11:24 PM

baby steps. next drama bomb gonna be fun imo.

Kimbell175113 10-18-2007 11:26 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] adanthar for his expert behind-the-scenes wrangling of sources and info

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] admo for his expert art/comedy

Cruzincat 10-18-2007 11:26 PM

ADMO for T-shirt designer! Love to get a T-shirt with both pics on front and back!

NLfool 10-18-2007 11:26 PM

lol they are only doing this because you guys are too smart and digging deeper you are going to probably find more improprieties. Probably something even more earth shattering. What about the tournaments how are people going to be refunded or do 2+2ers need to look through all of db and find every suscpious person.

adanthar 10-18-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let's just say that if this statement is AP 8.0 quality and not AP 9.0 quality, I reserve the right to keep on digging until I get bored, and so far, this has been the highlight of my month

Diamond Lie 10-18-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A huge thanks to Adanthar + N825024 + Josem and everyone else for being hugely awesome in following this through.

[/ QUOTE ]

ikestoys 10-18-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol they are only doing this because you guys are too smart and digging deeper you are going to probably find more improprieties. Probably something even more earth shattering. What about the tournaments how are people going to be refunded or do 2+2ers need to look through all of db and find every suscpious person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, we have NOTHING on any other user. One screenshot didn't list tourneys were he didn't cash and the other contained two tournaments.

NoahSD 10-18-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let's just say that if this statement is AP 8.0 quality and not AP 9.0 quality, I reserve the right to keep on digging until I get bored, and so far, this has been the highlight of my month

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like with multiple leaks from good samaritans who work for AP, there's nothing they can really do but tell the truth.

GaryTheGoat 10-18-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people should hold their judgement and contain their excitement and limit their speculation until more information comes out

also, nice admo nice

[/ QUOTE ]

gg

Deuce2High 10-18-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like there were some more accounts involved. It would be really nice if Absolute can find the rest of the accounts instead of having the smart 2+2ers do all of the detective work.

Cruzincat 10-18-2007 11:29 PM

Oh, and NLfool, can I get a bigger version of your avatar?

Josem 10-18-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so far, this has been the highlight of my year

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

NoahSD 10-18-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like there were some more accounts involved. It would be really nice if Absolute can find the rest of the accounts instead of having the smart 2+2ers do all of the detective work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

metsandfinsfan 10-18-2007 11:30 PM

that was pretty quick

cant wait to see the statement

Josem 10-18-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so far, this has been the highlight of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

fmp

NLfool 10-18-2007 11:31 PM

If AP survives this it's just a green light for other sites not to care what happens internally. It's definitely not a "wash" by simply returning the money. That doesn't make it okie dokie.

trambopoline 10-18-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
again, is the cash game situation going to be addressed too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cruzincat 10-18-2007 11:31 PM

Watching this has been better than playing poker. GG all who could and did contribute.

admiralfluff 10-18-2007 11:32 PM

NL fool is right, and this
[ QUOTE ]
I reserve the right to keep on digging until I get bored, and so far, this has been the highlight of my month

[/ QUOTE ]

should probably happen. Nobody's gonna go to jail over this, but AP should lose as much credibility as possible.
I don't want them to be shut down. I don't want the story to be so widely publicized it fuels anti-online poker in the states. I want them to lose advertising contracts and space, so new players are discouraged from signing up with them, thereby discouraging other sites from repeating their mistakes.

senna4ever 10-18-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is great news.

Still a little scary that they'll intentionally sweep something under the rug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, good news. And yes, scary that they'll admit something. Might be a lot more dirt out there and they dont want anyone to find out...

Cruzincat 10-18-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If AP survives this it's just a green light for other sites not to care what happens internally. It's definitely not a "wash" by simply returning the money. That doesn't make it okie dokie.

[/ QUOTE ]
It will cost them $$$$ if they cannot recover it from the bad guys.

wdcbooks 10-18-2007 11:33 PM

I feel like the next step is to start to formulate questions that need to be answered for this issue to be considered resolved.

My question would be: Was the person who sent out the origin Excel file a whistleblower or was it an accident? Is that person still working for Absolute? If that person was fired as a whistleblower then no explanation of the security breach could bring me back as a player.

basementproject 10-18-2007 11:33 PM

Someone needs to forward the press release to media, so people who read the original story can see they haven't just been accused, but convicted.

PartyGirlUK 10-18-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat and adanthar should never have to buy a drink or meal at any poker event again ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

COF 10-18-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also, nice admo nice
# 2 thank you

ADK 10-18-2007 11:34 PM

i feel disgusted that something like this happened in the first place