Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518733)

AKoffsuit 10-10-2007 08:13 PM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

Eli seemed really bored an untinterested Ivey
is talking and joking that's kinda scary

BigSoonerFan 10-10-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry told Phil he doesn't golf with the other poker players much because he sucks and would always lose, and then made some comment about how he could always just decide after he loses that the match wasn't fair and decide not to pay. He and Phil then made some jokes in a similar vein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I actually heard that but it went right over my head since they sounded so serious.

BigSoonerFan 10-10-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eli seemed really bored an untinterested Ivey
is talking and joking that's kinda scary

[/ QUOTE ]

Eli seemed pretty excited when he sucked out that queen.

Dima2000123 10-10-2007 08:35 PM

I think Eli was genuinely upset at doing poorly in the first episode, when he asked Barry to keep track of the prop bets because he needed to focus on the game. I think Eli is very much interested in the game.

AKoffsuit 10-10-2007 09:19 PM

Well i've only seen the first episode
i'm watching the 2nd one now and Ivey is still laughing and talking

JokersAttack 10-10-2007 09:48 PM

lol @ degenyamine.

Ivey's face when he saw the 83 of hearts was pretty funny. Not quite as funny as the Tilly one, but still good.

Also, does anything else think Eli was way out of line for making the comment about Allen possibly throwing in the wrong coloured chip?

trypto 10-10-2007 11:30 PM

Anyone catch Harman popping a pill? About 3/4 the way through part 2, after the TT8 flop. Ivey notices and comments to her, "you in la-la land, day dreaming?" Wonder what she's on.

primetime32 10-11-2007 12:53 AM

Anyone notice that Barry and IVey seem to ignore the other players. Eli, Harman and Cunningham are forced to talk with each other while Barry and Ivey have their own personal discussions.

It seems more like Greenstein is shutting out everyone else while Ivey doesn't care what anyone has to say at the table.

And the correct pronunciation of Eli rhymes with Belly. But since Eli comes off as pretty down to earth, i doubt he cares how people pronounce it.

txbarbarossa 10-11-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Benyamine is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he plays too much PLO these days and overvalues draws. in NLHE, draws aren't that great especially with a card to go.

Look how farha plays NLHE.

Dima2000123 10-11-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone notice that Barry and IVey seem to ignore the other players. Eli, Harman and Cunningham are forced to talk with each other while Barry and Ivey have their own personal discussions.

It seems more like Greenstein is shutting out everyone else while Ivey doesn't care what anyone has to say at the table.

And the correct pronunciation of Eli rhymes with Belly. But since Eli comes off as pretty down to earth, i doubt he cares how people pronounce it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I noticed that. At one point Eli was saying something about European WSOP, but Barry was talking to Phil and over Eli as if he was some background noise. I felt a little awkward for Eli there.

plzleenowhammy 10-11-2007 01:15 AM

jennifer and ivey talked a lot. and jennifer talked to eli too... cunningham has been universally ignored by everyone but the dealer.

Dima2000123 10-11-2007 01:21 AM

Yeah, Cunningham seems like a guy with no one else at his lunch table. As far as I know, the other five players all play in the Big Game, and AC is more of a donkament player.

JJBuffone 10-11-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Cunningham seems like a guy with no one else at his lunch table. As far as I know, the other five players all play in the Big Game, and AC is more of a donkament player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well, guess he can have a 300K lunch at the end of the week by himself.

SuperUberBob 10-11-2007 02:37 AM

Barry owns!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2549/wayne.jpg

iplayscared 10-11-2007 02:38 AM

Barry is sf godly!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnold_O 10-11-2007 02:38 AM

SHIP IT CRUCIAL!

JJBuffone 10-11-2007 02:39 AM

<3 Barry

SuperUberBob 10-11-2007 02:43 AM

If Barry says "SHIP IT CRUCIAL", somebody must YouTube it.

Arnold_O 10-11-2007 02:48 AM

doyle just showed up and looks like he lost that monster gut of his. best i've ever seen him

Runkmud 10-11-2007 02:50 AM

Thanks again Barry, we love you!

kypreanus 10-11-2007 03:21 AM

Why Non-US viewers are unable to see the latest episodes on http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/poker_afterdark.htm ?

I can only see like the ones 6 weeks back or so and they wont update either.

Any other links for these new eps? Ty

Is the Monday's episode 43 of Season2?

kypreanus 10-11-2007 03:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-c1wCLJZbo

It's episode 43 of season2.

fordrugmoney 10-11-2007 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doyle just showed up and looks like he lost that monster gut of his. best i've ever seen him

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so fast to judge. He probably has teh cancer again.

fordrugmoney 10-11-2007 03:57 AM

lol @ doyle's ringtone

AKoffsuit 10-11-2007 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I noticed that. At one point Eli was saying something about European WSOP, but Barry was talking to Phil and over Eli as if he was some background noise. I felt a little awkward for Eli there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry is another Ivey fan
His conversations and opinions are always interesting to listen to

FatRed 10-11-2007 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why Non-US viewers are unable to see the latest episodes on http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/poker_afterdark.htm ?

I can only see like the ones 6 weeks back or so and they wont update either.

Any other links for these new eps? Ty

Is the Monday's episode 43 of Season2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to www.nbcsports.com , then go to "on air" then go to "watch poker after dark" You will find all of the episodes from this week that have already been played. They are updated daily.

JokersAttack 10-11-2007 09:37 AM

lol @ doyle wanting eli to spend more time at the big game.

DOUBLE STRADDLE!

kypreanus 10-11-2007 10:13 AM

ty for the instructions fatred.

With all the prob bets the name of the could be changed to Degens after Dark.

JustCuz 10-11-2007 11:01 AM

What did Eli, Ivey, and Barry laugh about after Ivey's hand with Cunningham? Ivey was stacking his chips, glanced over at the table toward Eli and Greenstein, and all three immediately busted out laughing. I didn't see Greenstein's hands doing anything funny, but there must have been something happening off camera, huh?

NamesJay 10-11-2007 11:09 AM

They were laughing because the hand previous, Eli asked Barry why he always showed his cards in the camera cam after he won the hand.

Then the next hand, Phil wins the hand and immediately shows his cards in the camera again.

You can see that Phil is looking in Eli's direction when he starts laughing.

Passaman 10-11-2007 12:03 PM

What always amazes me about Phil Ivey is: "How does he know?" He has to be the best 'reader' I've ever seen. Some kind of 6th sense. Whenever there's a dry flop, he will bet out with even the worst hand and everyone folds. He just knew everyone missed. When Cunningham had JJ, and the flop came K9x, with Phil hitting the 9, he somehow *knew* Allan didn't have the K, and that if he re-raised the $5500 Allan bet, Allan would have to fold. How did he know that? How does he put out $15000 when he hits the 9 when Cunningham raised big preflop and a K hits the flop? Ivey lost that hand, but time after time, I see him make ridiculous reads. He senses weakness better than anyone I've ever seen.

Lode201 10-11-2007 01:10 PM

well first of all, K high flops miss a lot of hands, second, ivey is gooood.

sneaks619 10-11-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are all now dumber after hearing this comment

Jauron 10-11-2007 03:17 PM

It's been fun to watch this week. I keep laughing when Barry and Phil talk.

RubbishCards 10-11-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What always amazes me about Phil Ivey is: "How does he know?" He has to be the best 'reader' I've ever seen. Some kind of 6th sense. Whenever there's a dry flop, he will bet out with even the worst hand and everyone folds. He just knew everyone missed. When Cunningham had JJ, and the flop came K9x, with Phil hitting the 9, he somehow *knew* Allan didn't have the K, and that if he re-raised the $5500 Allan bet, Allan would have to fold. How did he know that? How does he put out $15000 when he hits the 9 when Cunningham raised big preflop and a K hits the flop? Ivey lost that hand, but time after time, I see him make ridiculous reads. He senses weakness better than anyone I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can reveal Ivey's thought process:

When the ace hit on 4th st, he played with his chips. 4 to 1! 12 to 1! Which makes my 2 pair good! Er... unless I'm drawing dead. I'M ALL IN!!!!

EL Burro Loco 10-11-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone catch Harman popping a pill? About 3/4 the way through part 2, after the TT8 flop. Ivey notices and comments to her, "you in la-la land, day dreaming?" Wonder what she's on.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has had a lot of health issues involving her kidneys. If i had to guess it's probably medicine related to that.

Dima2000123 10-11-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are all now dumber after hearing this comment

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think most people's intelligence is more resilient than that. Obviously there are exceptions, as your post shows.

Papi Shasho 10-11-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monte Carlo Millions clip is still classic to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfLXr3eSxs

Worm1313 10-12-2007 01:47 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
"What it do, BBV" awesoooooome

primetime32 10-12-2007 02:05 AM

No comments about Doyle's response to Shana's question about Harman?

Doyle basically says that the reason she hasn't been playing so well of late is because her hormones are still all screwed up from her pregnancy. Ivey gave a "whatchya talkin' about willis???" look. Classic.