Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Office 11/15 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546702)

Dilznoofus 11-16-2007 05:26 AM

Re: The Office 11/15

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that Toby/Michael scene was unreal. Just when you think they're finally gonna have some kind of buddy moment, Michael does that. Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a great scene. So well done.

Taso 11-16-2007 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that Toby/Michael scene was unreal. Just when you think they're finally gonna have some kind of buddy moment, Michael does that. Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a great scene. So well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved the episode, so great. I always love any scene between Michael and Toby. Toby seems so nice and warm and etc, and Michael always has this unreasonable hatred, its great. I lol'd a bunch, the tray was great, but also when he said he wouldn't speak if Toby was there, and then toby says in this meak voice, "im on your side" hahah..

Also "yesh" when swearing in. and another 'thats what she said."

GrandmaStabone 11-16-2007 05:53 AM

Great, great episode, it had lot of everything that makes this show so good. Kind of bittersweet that they have to drop off for the strike on such a high note.

Kos13 11-16-2007 06:04 AM

Great episode...F the strike, we need more of this show.

LuckyDevil 11-16-2007 07:45 AM

Best episode this season IMO.

Dorothy Mantooth 11-16-2007 08:31 AM

Dwight and Mose playing insanely good ping-pong at the end was hysterical.

Big TR 11-16-2007 09:31 AM

"You expect to be screwed by your company. You don't expect to be screwed by your girlfriend."

Yeah, the joke was lame. But between that scene and the "that's what she said" scene last week with Jim, it seems like they were trying to get us back to liking Michael as a caring yet flawed boss and not just showing him as a complete moron. I liked it.

Yeti 11-16-2007 09:49 AM

"Just got back from Jamaica. Tan almost everywhere. Jan almost everywhere! Hehe. Oh diary, what a week. I had sex with my boss. I don't know if it's going to go anywhere. Jan was very specific that this was not going to go anywhere, that it was a one time mistake, but we had sex six times so you tell me. I am definitely feeling very eerie."

"Irie."

"Irie, sorry."

Wires 11-16-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"You expect to be screwed by your company. You don't expect to be screwed by your girlfriend."

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

The line wasn't meant to be a joke. Michael was being earnest and explaining why he turned on Jan.

Bulldog 11-16-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Just got back from Jamaica. Tan almost everywhere. Jan almost everywhere! Hehe. Oh diary, what a week. I had sex with my boss. I don't know if it's going to go anywhere. Jan was very specific that this was not going to go anywhere, that it was a one time mistake, but we had sex six times so you tell me. I am definitely feeling very eerie."

"Irie."

"Irie, sorry."

[/ QUOTE ]

"XOXO, Michael"

EscapePlan9 11-16-2007 10:22 AM

I'm also among the minority in the Michael pushing Toby's tray scene. I was shocked more than amused.

Overall, it was a great episode. Although I didn't laugh hard or often, it was entertaining and well done.

Taso 11-16-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

The line wasn't meant to be a joke. Michael was being earnest and explaining why he turned on Jan.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a, I don't know, I think its a pun, in there.

In any case, I definitly liked the line and the whole Michael being likeable, etc. This show is incredible at making me care about the characters. I could care less about Peter Patrelli, John Dorian, etc. Michael, Jim, Pam, Dwight, maybe even Toby, I actually care. It's sick.

Nonfiction 11-16-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL!

LAWYER: "Who is this other woman, Ryan? 'Ryan's just as hot as Jan, but in a different way.' "
TOBY: [Laughs hysterically] Excuse me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Toby's reaction was amazing. Toby overall was incredible this episode.

Dids 11-16-2007 11:31 AM

This ep did so much to humanize Michael. IMO, part of what we saw is that he's kinda self-ware that he sucks.

The ping pong stuff was fantastic, but I kinda wish we'd got a bit more from the other characters. How could Andy not somehow be involved?

unspider 11-16-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm weird because the two parts I laughed the most at were when Pam was leaving the bathroom as Kelly is coming in ("that's what I thought") and Toby saying "could you make it eleven" in the deposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you - I loved Pam's face when she was trying to figure out why Kelly wouldn't let her through and Michael's face realizing everyone, including Toby, was going to read his diary.

Khaos4k 11-16-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This ep did so much to humanize Michael. IMO, part of what we saw is that he's kinda self-ware that he sucks.

The ping pong stuff was fantastic, but I kinda wish we'd got a bit more from the other characters. How could Andy not somehow be involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't be surprised to see a deleted scene involving Andy and ping pong. Maybe it just didn't work out as well as the other scenes or went on too long.

The Dwight vs Mose match was incredible.

Nielsio 11-16-2007 12:21 PM

Meh. Very uncomfortable episode. Nobody was in their element and it showed.

The sadistic stuff also doesn't make me laugh.

It's just not funny to me when noone is above the situation.

Freakin 11-16-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

dlk9s 11-16-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was meant to be a joke to the audience.

Michael himself did not say it as a joke.

ThaSaltCracka 11-16-2007 01:01 PM

Carrell absoultey demolished the show, fantastic work. the rest was pretty silly funny, but man, everything at corporate was amazing.

pirateboy 11-16-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Michael wasn't trying to make a joke about sex.

"She was drinking a lot ............. of water."

Freakin 11-16-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

correct, i thought he has saying the writers didn't mean it as a joke.

Assani Fisher 11-16-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why the show should be an hour imo. 30 minutes just isn't enough to get all the characters in.

bmc

wezvidz 11-16-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Irie."

"Irie, sorry."

[/ QUOTE ]

"More tomorrow. XOXO, Michael"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (/nit mode)

The Dude 11-16-2007 01:35 PM

I agree. I don't even mind the show dragging on occasionally in a few spots if it gets more characters in, and more funny scenes.

DDH 11-16-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and ye shall receive. More Pong

balkii 11-16-2007 02:24 PM

who the [censored] is "mose?"

I have seen every episode of this show and everybody seems to know who this guy is except me

also, show wasn't very funny! it was kind of dark.

Khaos4k 11-16-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have seen every episode of this show and everybody seems to know who this guy is except me

[/ QUOTE ]

Dwight's amish looking cousin.

Drew16 11-16-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mose Schrute

Constable 11-16-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your boyfriend
'Cause, 'cause, 'cause, 'cause, 'cause he sucks at ping pong."

[/ QUOTE ]
definitely my favorite kelly line of all time

[/ QUOTE ]

People really thought this was funny? That was like the most retarded thing I've ever seen on TV.

Dids 11-16-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff is really all too gold to not be on the show.

Wires 11-16-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the joke was lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. This is what I meant but I guess it wasn't that clear. Obviously there's a little pun there with the "screwed by your girlfriend" remark but it wasn't intentional by Michael. He is earnestly explaining that his feelings were hurt by Jan and this is why he chose to support the company.

A nice episode. As others have mentioned I love how they set up a typical sitcom reconciliation moment by having Toby share something personal only to turn it on its ear by having Michael slide Toby's food on the floor (i'm laughing just thinking about it).

Nicholasp27 11-16-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the point; they put good outtakes on there to get us to go to their site and give them ad revenue that they wouldn't get from tv (because those scenes being left out doesn't affect viewership and thus ad dollars) and they don't even have to pay the writers for the money they make online!

win-win-win (for the studios)

CrazyEyez 11-16-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
heh heh
"These balls are weighted weird, aren't they?"
"Yep."

Uston 11-16-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely done.

qdmcg 11-16-2007 03:47 PM

as mentioned, michael pushing toby's lunch on the floor was probably my favorite scene in a long time

Dids 11-16-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the point; they put good outtakes on there to get us to go to their site and give them ad revenue that they wouldn't get from tv (because those scenes being left out doesn't affect viewership and thus ad dollars) and they don't even have to pay the writers for the money they make online!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I needed this explained to me, for I only think on the 26th level.

kkcountry 11-16-2007 04:11 PM

oh, we're not playing strip pong?

T-God 11-16-2007 04:15 PM

Will ship 1$ to whoever puts the deleted scenes on youtube

pirateboy 11-16-2007 04:25 PM

Favorite line for me:

"Smack talk is happening like right now. Like you're ugly and I know it for a fact so I got the evidence right there."