Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/12 - Show Open) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544797)

SuperUberBob 11-15-2007 03:21 AM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/12 - Show Open)

Howard is completely pwning Hellmuth every time.

kcbadbeat 11-15-2007 05:56 AM

I can't speak for Hanson, but I got annoyed as hell listening to Phil say, "Oh Gussy Gussy! Gussy raising under the gun. Gussy came over the top of me!" That and the pretending to sleep at the table the whole time, popping up only to say how great he was got old.

Kos13 11-15-2007 05:58 AM

Hellmuth is such a douche.

fizresh 11-15-2007 06:40 AM

ali nejad on hellmuth:

"the lugnuts are loosening up. how long before the wheels come off?"

nh

djsnit 11-15-2007 07:03 AM

Napkins. That's a new one.

cobrakai111 11-15-2007 07:13 AM

I can't picture Lederer at a Smashing Pumpkins concert.

xjimraketex 11-15-2007 09:54 AM

haha this week is great...
- first chris ferguson REALLY sucks at shuffling chips
- then GUS 3bets every damn pot AND actually has a hand and says to hellmuth "id like to trap but i dont get any big hands"
- Phil hellmuth criticizing Lederer, Ivey and Hansen while playing his donkish style always saying its so sick, i trap them every time and they give all their chips to me... i actually have never seen such a thing when he played against pros... i can remember folding the best hand when playing dolly like 10 times and then calling with A9 vs Seidelīs KK (i think it was seidel) and then sucking out.
He never played good, NEVER...
- i love Hellmuth trying to be more splashy and get raised out of every pot by i.e. ivey...
- i guess lederer cant deal with criticizm, while hellmuth is telling the truth.. the only truth

edit: also love the new and improved ivey, sleep mode and "i might ghave got 15K if u had A5"....

rakewell 11-15-2007 10:42 AM

I loved:

1. Hellmuth griping that everybody is always underestimating the strength of his hands, then 10 seconds later open-raising with a 7-5 offsuit.

2. Hellmuth bragging that nobody else at the table is good enough to pull moves like limping in with big pairs. Ivey, who has twice limped in with pocket aces and won pots without showing them, just stares at him with a "You are SUCH a moron" look on his face.

AKoffsuit 11-15-2007 11:03 AM

I like Shana's question to Phil : when you close your eyes what do you see?
I think she's one of the few people who understands Phil Hellmuth

Illogistix 11-15-2007 01:36 PM

Hellmuth is the greatest. Sure, he is the most annoying guy in the world, but you cannot deny his mere presence at a game always jacks up the comedy factor (mainly -- everyone takes veiled cheapshots at him under the guise of good-natured ribbing, and Hellmuth gets his feelings hurt and acts out even more). I love watching games with that guy.

Also - Howard Ledered is equally a douche. Listening to him say he wasn't feeling Jay-Z's last album made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. He's a good commentator for sure, smart player, but save the rapper name-dropping for the next time you're throwing down at a Young Jeezy concert.

Ivey and Hansen are the best. On the degenerate gamblers board of directors, Ivey is the chairman and Hansen is the shady treasuerer who's being investigated by the FBI for embezzling.

If I was producing this show, I'd replace Harman with Matasow and then get rid of Ferguson and replace him with the Australian loud-mouth guy. Then i would pay Lederer 5k under the table to rile up Hellmuth and give hellmuth 5k to make Annie Duke jokes (nobody sucks out like your sister, etc...), and then have Antonio ride in on the Ultimate Bet-sponsored camel.

Ratings bonanza.

Bryan15 11-15-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Napkins. That's a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find myself raising with napkins every now and then, lol

Poker Nerd 11-15-2007 04:50 PM

Is it just me or does Shana look pregnant? It looks like there's something going on under that big dress.

killsadie 11-15-2007 05:23 PM

ali takes more shots at hellmuth than howard does. all of them are tool boxes. harman needs to stop asking stupid questions and chris ferguson needs to stop being a [censored].

bystander 11-15-2007 05:37 PM

Highight of two nights agao when shana asks hellmuth
"What do you see when you close your eyes" She asks with a straight face. Then Phil replies real seriously ..

Tornado69 11-15-2007 08:50 PM

Why is Chris Ferguson even allowed on tv ??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING ... and when he does speak doesn't seem like he has much personality.

M4TT 11-15-2007 10:58 PM

^ would have to agree there... as much of a great player I'm sure he is, his ritual is interesting only for 2 minutes.

chipwiz 11-15-2007 11:48 PM

What's up with Hellmuth acting like a tired and grumpy baby? It feels like everyone is acting like they where dragged to some kind of boring family dinner where everyone has to pretend to have fun. Howard tries to lighten the mood with his stories with no avail.

xjimraketex 11-15-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^ would have to agree there... as much of a great player I'm sure he is, his ritual is interesting only for 2 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]well he makes good.... oh well... at least he is outta the box

diegomaradona10 11-16-2007 01:19 PM

NBCsports.com messed up the videos for this week. They already have the final episode of the week up, but they forgot to post Thursday's episode.

The problem with the Friday episode is that the final video isn't working.

UncleKraut 11-16-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NBCsports.com messed up the videos for this week. They already have the final episode of the week up, but they forgot to post Thursday's episode.

The problem with the Friday episode is that the final video
isn't working.

[/ QUOTE ]

That website is terrible...all the links are not working right. Someone needs to get fired

Illogistix 11-16-2007 02:28 PM

There is a classic hand between Hellmuth and Howard that you guys will love. (I think it;s from tonight's episode. Since they screwed up the videos, I just watched it now.) I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but it's must see TV. With Hansen's side-bet jacking up the drama, it's a full value hand.

BigSoonerFan 11-16-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a classic hand between Hellmuth and Howard that you guys will love. (I think it;s from tonight's episode. Since they screwed up the videos, I just watched it now.) I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but it's must see TV. With Hansen's side-bet jacking up the drama, it's a full value hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched it and the videos worked fine for me. I can't decide whether Hellmuth's rants are too annoying or good TV. THe others laughing at his comments was funny though.

M4TT 11-16-2007 02:53 PM

It's just attention whoring from Hellmuth now... only annoying.

iggster 11-16-2007 03:06 PM

It's not allowed to not talk about him. Goal attained, I guess.

jwc529 11-16-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was bad play on howard's part. phil is right, howard does play blind-induced poker, the problem is so does hellmuth. he waits around for his double up like he said, which will only happen when the blinds go high and he's covered, hoping to be 2-1+ fav. Ivey and Gus seem to play the right way looking to amass chip leads or go home (of course Gus is always freerolling thx to hellmuth).has Hellmuth ever had more then 25k in any of these shows? Hellmuth and Harman always seem so out of their league on these shows imo. It is somewhat unfair, however, when the best, run the best too, Ivey didn't seem to miss anything.

BigSoonerFan 11-16-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just attention whoring from Hellmuth now... only annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he actually believes that crap (as Doyle mentioned in a HSP show), which is why the others find it so funny.

rakewell 11-16-2007 05:01 PM

With Hellmuth and Ferguson sitting next to each other, here's what I can't help thinking, every time there's a close-up: ""Mole! Bloody mole! We're not supposed to talk about the bloody mole, but there's the bloody mole winking me in the face. I'm gonna chop it off and cut it up and make some guacaMOLE!"

http://bp1.blogger.com/_KzlOcoSmvC4/...rguson%2B2.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_KzlOcoSmvC4/...llmuth%2B2.JPG

Rant at http://pokergrump.blogspot.com/2007/...oody-mole.html

andy099 11-16-2007 05:26 PM

hellmuth = biggest retard known to man. I mean he is such a jerk

bystander 11-16-2007 05:29 PM

I dont think anyone is out of their league in these shows, certainly not hellmuth maybe jen but not by much .

Dominic 11-16-2007 05:32 PM

I love how Howard keeps needling Phil...you really the feeling they don't like each other.

Great TV!

Bonified 11-16-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes it was bad play on howard's part. phil is right, howard does play blind-induced poker, the problem is so does hellmuth. he waits around for his double up like he said, which will only happen when the blinds go high and he's covered, hoping to be 2-1+ fav.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lederer's re-steal would be poor against most players (Phil had put in 1/3 of his stack), but Hellmuth has certainly folded in these situations before. But Hellmuth's schtick really makes me wonder if he actually understands the re-steal. And this is by no means a "new internet concept", Doyle spelled it out in SS1 - you steal, steal, steal, and then when you get called you're a 2-1 dog but you're freerolling with all the chips you've stolen. Phil certainly makes a point of deliberately ignoring this in his "he thought K8 suited was winning" style rants, at the very least.

jwc529 11-16-2007 06:23 PM

maybe out of league is too harsh, but certainly worse. they both seem to ante away chips early, and Hellmuth is more concerned with having the best hand hold up then accumulating chips. When he does raise with marginal holdings he gets raised off of them or taken away on flop. Nobody raised Ivey's limps light because they know he can come over the top with nothing or defend in pos., hellmuth will just fold. All of his dark checking and pot control poker makes it much harder for him to bluff or get any value.

vituzzo 11-16-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or does Shana look pregnant? It looks like there's something going on under that big dress.

[/ QUOTE ]

i noticed a couple of months ago just by the size of her breasts. i think that outfit she is wearing this week confirms it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The_Taj 11-16-2007 07:34 PM

Shana's pregnant i'll confirm it because i'm the father

Dima2000123 11-16-2007 09:13 PM

I just can't believe how terrible Hellmuth is on PAD. He seems to deliberately play in a style that will always keep him one bad beat away from Shana. It's like he hates chips, he plays in a way that minimizes the chance of him even lucking into a win.

xjimraketex 11-16-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was bad play on howard's part. phil is right, howard does play blind-induced poker, the problem is so does hellmuth. he waits around for his double up like he said, which will only happen when the blinds go high and he's covered, hoping to be 2-1+ fav. Ivey and Gus seem to play the right way looking to amass chip leads or go home (of course Gus is always freerolling thx to hellmuth).has Hellmuth ever had more then 25k in any of these shows? Hellmuth and Harman always seem so out of their league on these shows imo. It is somewhat unfair, however, when the best, run the best too, Ivey didn't seem to miss anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
well its not that hard to amass chips if u get hands to reraise or trap with...

Hendricks433 11-16-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't believe how terrible Hellmuth is on PAD. He seems to deliberately play in a style that will always keep him one bad beat away from Shana. It's like he hates chips, he plays in a way that minimizes the chance of him even lucking into a win.

[/ QUOTE ] yea its pretty horrible. What he says doesnt even make sense. He talks about limping with huge hands to trap them but he limps with Q5 and 33 and then gives a SO SICK speech and folds every time.

pokerkreak666 11-17-2007 12:07 AM

Why was this the 1st show taped, but now aired to now? and I dont think shana is pregs, becuase by now she would have much larger bulge or already given birth since they talk about hellmuths 10 bracelet wins, which he got his 11th after the show was taped, so the recording must have taken place before the 2007 WSOP.

Dominic 11-17-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was this the 1st show taped, but now aired to now? and I dont think shana is pregs, becuase by now she would have much larger bulge or already given birth since they talk about hellmuths 10 bracelet wins, which he got his 11th after the show was taped, so the recording must have taken place before the 2007 WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

the shoot a whole season pretty quickly - one or two weeks, tops.

vituzzo 11-17-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shana's pregnant i'll confirm it because i'm the father

[/ QUOTE ]
how is she in the sack? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]