Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527797)

JacKnight21 10-21-2007 01:38 PM

Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

Its all about assets. The reason for the delays is "They" need time to create new companies and shift assets. The approach need to be three pronged attack. They have violated international banking laws and have an international criminal organization. This puts them in the site of many agencies who will do the work for us. But we need to choke of their supply of money.

crashjr 10-21-2007 01:39 PM

The statement was obviously written by AP/KGC attorneys. It would have been better to say that, upon advice of their attorneys, they could not disclose certain information that would jeopardize the ongoing investigation, and that (insert name of big 4 accounting firm) has been retained to conduct a thorough forensic accounting and audit.

To the author of the statement: there is more than one attorney reading this thread and this statement. We all learned how to write 5 pages without actually saying anything early in our 1L year. Nice try though.

pipedreamz 10-21-2007 01:39 PM

total bs- they are just going to terminate the consultant, not name or prosecute in any manner.

screw absolute.

PNXRMX 10-21-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the statement is true that the superuser had access to hole cards FROM THE CLIENTS' COMPUTER, then that means we downloaded malware with the last AP upgrade! Time to remove all aspects of AP software?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I read that too, but I can't find it anymore...

holdme 10-21-2007 01:41 PM

what exactly was everyone looking for?

lacky 10-21-2007 01:42 PM

sooo....it was the one armed man that did it?

askrak 10-21-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.soon.org.uk/pictures/jesusoncross.gif

Injection 10-21-2007 01:42 PM

Lol Adanthar.. Post the real statement now plz.

Jzo19 10-21-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

names ..sn's ..a logical explanation against all the evidence compiled against them ...etc etc

emmpee 10-21-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How it happened, why it happened, why it won't happen again.

For starters.

kitchma 10-21-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who
what
when
where
why
and how.

probably not realistic, but one or two would have been nice.

Antoine.p 10-21-2007 01:43 PM

I am the former Grand Chief of the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake and the owner of Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, which HOLDS A 100% interest in Absolute Poker.

Then, if they hold a 100% interest in AP, why did they remove AP from the list of pokersites they support ????!!!!

That's just non-sense !

They appear as the owner as for taxes not to be paid seems a more decent explanation.

I would say : follow the money to see who's the owner (I've been reading Malta ? Is that correct ?)

Lori 10-21-2007 01:43 PM

Walter Rea / Sunrise all over again. No shock there.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>

teddyFBI 10-21-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs11/300...Shad0w_GFX.jpg

lacky 10-21-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol Adanthar.. Post the real statement now plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] very nice

KCW12 10-21-2007 01:44 PM

http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/fail.jpg

adanthar 10-21-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading you say that all week and have no idea what you're talking about, so, Cliffs' notes please

Michaelson 10-21-2007 01:45 PM

Well I'm glad I reserved my judgment...

I hope this gets real juicy now, bring on the revelations!

Can I clarify something mentioned but not often discussed in the previous thread? I know that Potripper and Steamroller/User 363 are good buddies AJ Green and Scott Tom, fraternity borthers (?), and both in at Absolute on the ground floor I believe. What about the other cheating accounts? Do they, broadly speaking, belong to a crew of old college buddies? I believe someone suggested that was the case, but I didn't know how much credence to attribute to it because I was a bit behind at the time.

So is that true? If all the accounts are linked it would make the sole rogue consultant explanation pretty implausible, no? I mean, why setup a whole group of old friends rather than just one guy? And how did the owners of the accounts not notice their accumulation of hundreds of thousands of dollars?

adanthar 10-21-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the other cheating accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

they're all owned by the same two people, which is easy to figure out because they all play consistently, equally horribly

Mischman 10-21-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the statement is true that the superuser had access to hole cards FROM THE CLIENTS' COMPUTER, then that means we downloaded malware with the last AP upgrade! Time to remove all aspects of AP software?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i was thinking.....bye bye AP

Pokeraddict 10-21-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what this means, I guess there was something new.

JohnFR 10-21-2007 01:47 PM

rofloldobv at that statement. Way to be retarded AP, way to be retarded.

jman220 10-21-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ITS TIME TO TAKE WHAT WE KNOW TO THE PRESS AND EXPOSE AP AS THE LIARS AND CHEATS THEY ARE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye. They had their chance.

We need a permanent boycott of AP by all players and affiliates at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does AP allow observer chat? Not that I would ever condone doing this..... but wouldn't it be nice if someone created some sort of script that spammed AP with links to the MSNBC and ABC articles in observer chat, along with telling the players that the founder of the company is stealing their money. Not that I would ever condone doing something like that.

Cruzincat 10-21-2007 01:48 PM

"As has been speculated in several online forums, this consultant devised a sophisticated scheme to manipulate internal systems to access third-party computers and accounts to view hole cards of other customers during play without their knowledge. "

Jzo19 10-21-2007 01:48 PM

i think it's time for the canadian govt or law enforcement or whoever (gives the KGC it's license) to look into the kahnawake gaming commision..and do a proper investigation ..there's obviously a huge conflict of interest here with the ex chief of a tribe being the owner of absolue poker ...and criminal allegations against the company ...if it means the end of the KGC and online poker as we know it ...o well

gobbomom 10-21-2007 01:49 PM

Mike at P5's posted this also:

"We have started the process of refunds. All players will be refunded 100% - we are starting with the tournament players – who will all move up a place and also receive interest on their account. We will fully refund 100% of all ring and cash game players affected by the accounts in question too!"

Absolute Poker regrets to inform you that as a result of a security breach in our system, one player had access to an unfair advantage while playing the following poker tournament: ____________.

Absolute Poker has reimbursed to your poker account an amount to compensate you for potential losses resulting from this unfortunate incident.

Please be assured that we have corrected the problem that allowed the system to be unfairly manipulated. We remain committed to the highest levels of security, privacy and integrity.

This breach was exploited in several other tournaments and during some ring game play. We are in the process of auditing these records, and will pay for all losses suffered by the affected players in these other games as soon as these amounts are determined.

The unfair player has been deleted from the tournament standings. Accordingly, the amount that we have refunded to your account includes all of the following:

· The tournament buy-in;

· The tournament fee;

· Any additional prize amount that you are entitled to as a result of moving you up one tournament place if the unfair player finished in a spot higher than you; and

· Interest on the refund in the amount of 10% per annum.

We thank you for your continued support.

Lori 10-21-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading you say that all week and have no idea what you're talking about, so, Cliffs' notes please

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunrise didn't pay out on a 10k freeroll (which was serious biz at the time) and issued a hilarious statement (even more transparent than AP... by a zillion miles) where they fired a guy who they almost certainly invented.

The life and times of Walter Rea

- statement near end of thread.
- they also denied software "errors" until we showed otherwise.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>

PartyGirlUK 10-21-2007 01:49 PM

Who are the two people??

Cruzincat 10-21-2007 01:50 PM

There are three parties here. AP, The player and the cheater. What other third party computer is there?

cakewalk 10-21-2007 01:50 PM

100% rb for everyone, and a stars like fpp system to boot in order for retribution

Alobar 10-21-2007 01:51 PM

el oh el

teddyFBI 10-21-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they're all owned by the same two people, which is easy to figure out because they all play consistently, equally horribly

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the supposed 2 high-ranking executives who were involved with this, one of whom was supposed to be kicked out for good, with the other one getting a &lt;cough&gt; timeout.

That doesn't seem to jive with the "rogue consultant" story at all.

Not to mention how the cheating was traced to a home cable modem at Scott Tom's residential address.

cakewalk 10-21-2007 01:53 PM

this statement says a lot to the majority of people this statement is reaching (ie not poker forum readers) unless this was sent to some individual poker player in which case i look like a jackass

OrcaDK 10-21-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am the former Grand Chief of the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake and the owner of Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG

[/ QUOTE ]
Idi?

McSeafield 10-21-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The cheaters were stealing money, they weren't playing a game.

[/ QUOTE ]
The fish always stinks from the head downwards. I would be very much surprised if it was different in this absolute case. The reason for this genuine truth might be polyunsaturated. I am sure we will not gain an complete insight into the realm of the shades.

No answer is sometimes the ineffable ultimate in which one has attained disinterested wisdom and compassion..... Better look into nirvana, the goal of the eightfold path.

I wait and see a reminderless end of this drama where I could say "Hey, I like to play this great game of online Texas Hold'em poker".

Jimbo232 10-21-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the supposed 2 high-ranking executives who were involved with this, one of whom was supposed to be kicked out for good, with the other one getting a &lt;cough&gt; timeout.

That doesn't seem to jive with the "rogue consultant" story at all.

Not to mention how the cheating was traced to a home cable modem at Scott Tom's residential address.

[/ QUOTE ]

I speculated this in a previous thread, but would it make sense, given the recent changes to US laws, that Scott Tom and his partners relinquished their executive positions at AP and became highly paid and equally powerful "consultants" to the organization? This would fit the stance that these guys are no longer involved with AP (on paper at least), as well as the statement about a consultant being involved. Former executives being hired back as consultants is a pretty common practice in the business world, in this case it seems like a good legal move on Scott Tom's behalf so that he isn't officially involved with AP, just a self-employed consultant whose 1 and only client is Absolute.

Dudd 10-21-2007 01:58 PM

I liked the rogue geek story better.

zen_rounder 10-21-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">This statement says nothing </font>

[/ QUOTE ]AP&amp; kanhawake comission seem far too close for comfort here. how can they audit/ investigate themsleves? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Torello 10-21-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I speculated this ... that Scott Tom and his partners relinquished their executive positions at AP and became highly paid and equally powerful "consultants" to the organization?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, this is exceedingly likely, I've been thinking the same thing.

fraac 10-21-2007 02:01 PM

Burn them to the ground.