Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514179)

marchron 10-03-2007 10:12 AM

Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
The next person to do a memememememe gets the same ban X got.

[/ QUOTE ]
BAN LDO. <font color="white">youyouyouyouyouyou</font>

KitCloudkicker 10-03-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban

KingOtter 10-03-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban

[/ QUOTE ]

http://tv4u.com/commercials/classic_...commercial.jpg

bozlax 10-03-2007 10:48 AM

15bb Challenges

I was just talking to DanMag about 15bb Challenges, and did a search for some of my old threads...came up with this one:

15bb Challenge

It's like a who's who of posters I haven't heard from in months or even years. Paxosmotic...Vote4Pedro...ak13...VR, zomg, posts from everybody's favorite Invisible Mod!

I think I'll start a new thread about these this afternoon and try to get some nice fighting going on.

Buzz-cp 10-03-2007 10:48 AM

unbanned!

http://penpalsforsoldiers.org/osc/im...-wristband.jpg

Ulkis 10-03-2007 11:10 AM

Boz, how does your strategy differ in a 15BB challenge compared to your usual play? Do you take more risk? Different starting hands?

I started 15BB thingy few weeks ago, passed 2 bottom levels at Stars w/o busto, but it took me 500 minutes to get to the 3rd level. Obviously I stopped there. No need to say I was playing my regular weak-ass nitty game. Should I go in with my guns a-blazing? Would be fun with a couple of IPA's on a friday night.

bozlax 10-03-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boz, how does your strategy differ in a 15BB challenge compared to your usual play? Do you take more risk? Different starting hands?

I started 15BB thingy few weeks ago, passed 2 bottom levels at Stars w/o busto, but it took me 500 minutes to get to the 3rd level. Obviously I stopped there. No need to say I was playing my regular weak-ass nitty game. Should I go in with my guns a-blazing? Would be fun with a couple of IPA's on a friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 15bb Challenges reward tight, aggro play...being a nit doesn't work due to the short time limit, but being a LAG is no goot due to the br liimtations. You will start looking more critcally at your starting hands, e.g. "Is there value in playing 86s in MP at this table?" It's more like tourney play than cash-game play. When you find a couple of tables in a row that can't adjust quickly enough to your play, you will move up fast.

scpi10 10-03-2007 12:43 PM

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 2 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Qc 7d (three of a kind, aces).
BB has 7c Th (three of a kind, aces).
MP2 has 5h As (four of a kind, aces).
MP3 has 7h 6c (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: MP2 wins 2 BB. </font>

Landonfan 10-03-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (2 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
He put someone on AK ldo.

marchron 10-03-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If he bet, they would have folded.

MrWookie 10-03-2007 02:20 PM

All,

Not only do I ban in the present, I've also already banned Gib in the future. It was an unfortunate side effect of testing out the new software, but as soon as we upgrade, Gib will no longer be with us.

bozlax 10-03-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Not only do I ban in the present, I've also already banned Gib in the future. It was an unfortunate side effect of testing out the new software, but as soon as we upgrade, Gib will no longer be with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

N-n-n-n-n-ew s-s-s-s-s-oftware? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wetdog 10-03-2007 02:46 PM

Let's hope the new software has some snazzy wood paneling.

MrWookie 10-03-2007 03:11 PM

All,

Staying on this old software is simply not an option. People hate change, but this board has simply gotten too big for UBB. If you look at big-boards.com, we are by far the biggest board running UBB, and the UBB devs have no intention of making their code any better to support a user base this big. You guys have surely noticed crashes and slowdowns lately. People think that the status quo is fine, and that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, the status quo is not fine, and it's definitely broke. This board will be switching to vBulletin, and yes, there will be much bitching. Everyone is going to hate it, and people will threaten to quit 2+2. In the end, though, the back end will work better, searches will be better, and hopefully the slowdown every night at 3am will be alleviated, too.

Aaron W. 10-03-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you look at big-boards.com, we are by far the biggest board running UBB...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...

Buzz-cp 10-03-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for disloyalty

bravos1 10-03-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Staying on this old software is simply not an option. People hate change, but this board has simply gotten too big for UBB. If you look at big-boards.com, we are by far the biggest board running UBB, and the UBB devs have no intention of making their code any better to support a user base this big. You guys have surely noticed crashes and slowdowns lately. People think that the status quo is fine, and that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, the status quo is not fine, and it's definitely broke. This board will be switching to vBulletin, and yes, there will be much bitching. Everyone is going to hate it, and people will threaten to quit 2+2. In the end, though, the back end will work better, searches will be better, and hopefully the slowdown every night at 3am will be alleviated, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.. easy fix..

Bust out the ban hammers and get to work! 5K bans later, all is good in 2p2ville

MrWookie 10-03-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.. easy fix..

Bust out the ban hammers and get to work! 5K bans later, all is good in 2p2ville

[/ QUOTE ]

4999 left.

bozlax 10-03-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for disloyalty

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for telling mods what to do

KitCloudkicker 10-03-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for disloyalty

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt this post imply that you yourself should be banned?

neurotiq 10-03-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.. easy fix..

[/ QUOTE ]

4999 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

FREE BRAVOS! He's a wrongful prisoner of war!

bozlax 10-03-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for disloyalty

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent job ruining the subtlety of the joke, Kit. You tell kids there's no Easter Bunny, too?

JavaNut 10-03-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You tell kids there's no Easter Bunny, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Th-th-th-th-th-th-th-there's no e-e-e-e-e-easter b-b-b-b-bunny?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

train. 10-03-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you idiot. he just tells them that. ldo

JavaNut 10-03-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you idiot. he just tells them that. ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew. So both the easter bunny and father christmas are still safe. What a relief.

bravos1 10-03-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.. easy fix..

[/ QUOTE ]

4999 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

So was the site super fast for that 1:12?

Man that was ROUGH!!!

bravos1 10-03-2007 05:48 PM

so wtf??

[ QUOTE ]

Someone from the ip address '195.xxx.xx.xx' requested a temporary password for the Login Name 'bravos1' for the website 'The 2+2 Forums'. This is a temporary password that can be used if you have forgotten your original password. If you did not request this, please ignore this message. The temporary password for this Login Name is --xxxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

OziBattler 10-03-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

bravos1 10-03-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so wtf??

[ QUOTE ]

Someone from the ip address '195.xxx.xx.xx' requested a temporary password for the Login Name 'bravos1' for the website 'The 2+2 Forums'. This is a temporary password that can be used if you have forgotten your original password. If you did not request this, please ignore this message. The temporary password for this Login Name is --xxxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wookie pointed me to this thread in ATF. Looks like I'm not the only one.

bravos1 10-03-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gib will obv whither away into the vastness of the interwebs

KingOtter 10-03-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My kids were watching a movie with me recently and someone on it said, "I bet you told xxxx that there's no Santa Claus, too!"

My youngest (he's 7) turns to me and says confidently, "That's funny, because there IS a Santa Claus!"

Gib 10-03-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh noes!!

Anyone know where I can get may hands on one of these?

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9...loreanctp6.jpg

Zeldark 10-03-2007 09:21 PM

When is this software upgrade taking place?

I'm ready for my ban.

Dr. Matt 10-03-2007 09:24 PM

BASTURD!!

bravos1 10-03-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BASS TURD!!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

http://wolfey.sillydog.org/pictures/BassTurd.gif

OziBattler 10-03-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BASTURD!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

KingOtter 10-03-2007 09:51 PM

Omg, this thread is cracking me up.

Gib 10-03-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BASS TURD!!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

http://wolfey.sillydog.org/pictures/BassTurd.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
move over poop toad here comes bass turd!!

MrWookie 10-03-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Omg, this thread is cracking me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's right, you would have missed it. Yeah, it became a classic.

bennyhana 10-03-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for disloyalty

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent job ruining the subtlety of the joke, Kit. You tell kids there's no Easter Bunny, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

sheesh. what are we going to do with these level one thinkers? SANTA BAN!!