Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Week 3 College Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500557)

mmbt0ne 09-14-2007 10:27 AM

Re: Week 3 College Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
(see Herbstreit saying OU was the #2 team in the country while LSU is blowing VT out)

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, he's probably correct about at least that much.

Ballzack 09-14-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(see Herbstreit saying OU was the #2 team in the country while LSU is blowing VT out)

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, he's probably correct about at least that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with that too....as long as LSU is 1 and USC is 3, but that wasn't his intentions.

MyTurn2Raise 09-14-2007 02:03 PM

just to inform everyone....there is absolutely no reason to wake up early enough to watch the early games on tv this week unless you like crummy big11ten team

ok, Pitt-Michigan St is somewhat interesting, but blah
Purdue-Central Michigan
Illinois-Syracuse

a little later, Iowa-Iowa State

what a crummy lineup of 4 games

Oh well, go ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!!

Case Closed 09-14-2007 02:19 PM

mt2r,

You know more about the big ten network than I do, but are games like Ohio St. v Michigan gonna be on the big ten network?

TomCollins 09-14-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mt2r,

You know more about the big ten network than I do, but are games like Ohio St. v Michigan gonna be on the big ten network?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance.

bernie 09-14-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By your comments it's obvious your a USC fanboy

[/ QUOTE ]

Far from it. I hate USC. They're my 3rd most hated team behind ND and Miami.(though I do love Pete Carrol, I just wish he coached another team)

[ QUOTE ]
No need to take a shot a Les Miles and LSU here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles deserves the shot. Loved Cal>Tenn. Also loved watching Ga and Auburn losing.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus by seasons end LSU would have played 8 ranked teams in 14 games

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see where the opponents are ranked at seasons end. It's not like USC has an easy schedule.

b

Gregatron 09-14-2007 05:25 PM

First, I am a LSU fan/grad/alum. GEAUX TIGERS!!

Second, bernie has a point. What Les Miles said about the Pac10 and USC was out of line IMO. That doesn't mean it pisses me off -- I kind of like a guy that will shoot his mouth off like that. But at the same time it adds a clipping for people to put in their locker or whatever, so it's not the smartest move. The Pac10 is clearly an elite conference, and arguably the best this year.

(I didn't catch where bernie sent a shot at LSU -- or I would have been the first to respond.)

I hope we end up playing USC in the championship game -- it would be a great end to the season, almost like a movie plot or something.

bernie 09-14-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I didn't catch where bernie sent a shot at LSU -- or I would have been the first to respond.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'shot' had a word directly quoted from Les Miles.

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of like a guy that will shoot his mouth off like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. And I love it when I can use it against them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b

MyTurn2Raise 09-14-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mt2r,

[/ QUOTE ]

not for the forseeable future

BTN is getting the fourth best game in the big ten each week at best

Now, eventually, they'll probably try to get bigger games. But, for now, the conference makes much more of the big tv contracts that give ABC/ESPN their choices first.

TalkingDonkey 09-14-2007 07:21 PM

No love for Louisville-Kentucky? I haven't seen any experts who think less than 70 points are being scored in this one, great matchup between the nation's best QB (Brohm) and the nation's best QB you've never heard of (Andre' Woodson).

Gregatron 09-14-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No love for Louisville-Kentucky? I haven't seen any experts who think less than 70 points are being scored in this one, great matchup between the nation's best QB (Brohm) and the nation's best QB you've never heard of (Andre' Woodson).

[/ QUOTE ]
Woodson is indeed good. This might be closer than many people think, since Louisville's defense is, frankly, not that great.

09-14-2007 07:57 PM

TENNESSEE +8 (OMG, LIKE SUCH EASY MONEY!!!)

TalkingDonkey 09-14-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TENNESSEE +8 (OMG, LIKE SUCH EASY MONEY!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

nice level

iggymcfly 09-14-2007 09:53 PM

If the Sun Belt wants more teams to play road games there, maybe they should talk to their referees about officiating the game fairly. I saw 3 different blocks in the back on that punt return that went for a TD and not one was called.

MyTurn2Raise 09-14-2007 10:07 PM

terrible fake punt call up 20-3

Austiger 09-14-2007 10:11 PM

It sort of looked like the punter decided to do it on his own... but yeah, disgusting.

iggymcfly 09-14-2007 10:12 PM

Yeah, that was bad. I can't imagine what they were thinking there except "we're so much worse than OSU we're going to need a ton of luck to hold a 17 point lead".

dkgojackets 09-14-2007 10:29 PM

This game has been so damn long.

Sexy HB TD pass though by Troy.

MyTurn2Raise 09-14-2007 10:30 PM

when did all of ncaaf get so bad at tackling in space?

Pinchot 09-14-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mt2r,

[/ QUOTE ]

not for the forseeable future

BTN is getting the fourth best game in the big ten each week at best

Now, eventually, they'll probably try to get bigger games. But, for now, the conference makes much more of the big tv contracts that give ABC/ESPN their choices first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't exactly true. Below is an excerpt from the BTN FAQ on game selections. For those of us whose cable provider didn't pick up the BTN I hope the network gets some premier games in those weeks.

"We will televise 39 football games in 2007 (36 in HD) and 140 men's basketball games this winter.

In the selection process for football, the Big Ten Network will be able to choose 2nd three times and 3rd three times during the 12-week season, so half the time the network will have either the second or third pick of games. Once ESPN and ESPN2 have selected their games, all remaining games will be produced and distributed by the Big Ten Network."

BTN FAQ

Austiger 09-14-2007 10:34 PM

WTF was that? Nice clock management.

MyTurn2Raise 09-14-2007 10:34 PM

unreal...how can Troy not get a fg off there?
If I miss the over by a FG, I'm going to be real pissed.

Gregatron 09-14-2007 10:35 PM

I don't usually say stuff like this, but I do see a bit of one sidedness in the officiating.

EDIT: horrible, inexcusable clock management at the end of the half for Troy.

Austiger 09-14-2007 10:40 PM

In the last 60 minutes, Troy has outscored Florida and Ok St 51-20. I wish I could trade Auburn's offense for these guys.

Austiger 09-14-2007 11:04 PM

LOL Ok State has completely given up. No effort at all coming out of the locker room.

MyTurn2Raise 09-14-2007 11:07 PM

amazing to see a BCS school just get blown off the ball on the interior line even if it is the best Sun Belt school

Dudd 09-14-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the Sun Belt wants more teams to play road games there, maybe they should talk to their referees about officiating the game fairly. I saw 3 different blocks in the back on that punt return that went for a TD and not one was called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the visiting team bring their conferences referees?

Case Closed 09-15-2007 12:31 AM

This color guy is punking baseball hard.

Case Closed 09-15-2007 12:38 AM

I really do not understand tearing down goal posts.

MyTurn2Raise 09-15-2007 12:39 AM

Chris Spielman

knowing his mentality and the way he played for tO$U and the Lions, I can see his punking

anyway, an awful pathetic performance by Okie st. That team gave up when 17 points isn't quite a huge lead in college football in the second half.
Also, I have no idea why Gundy switched from Reid to Robinson at QB. Seems like a huge blunder.

Jack of Arcades 09-15-2007 12:45 AM

Can't wait until the monster Troy/Louisiana Lafayette game.

SoloAJ 09-15-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ragin Cajuns baby!

Gregatron 09-15-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ragin Cajuns baby!

[/ QUOTE ]
ULL, or as we at LSU called them, Uoh La La.

mason55 09-15-2007 12:54 PM

PSU and Wisc struggling with Buffalo and The Citadel respectively lol.

Looks like another Big11Ten championship for tOSU!

SoloAJ 09-15-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PSU and Wisc struggling with Buffalo and The Citadel respectively lol.

Looks like another Big11Ten championship for tOSU!

[/ QUOTE ]

I came here just to ask this. What the hell is going on. Wisky struggled big time last week and this week they aren't showing up too strong as of yet. And wtf to Buffalo being ahead of PSU. Obviously they won't win...Buffalo is like in the bottom 3 with Duke and Temple aren't they?

UATrewqaz 09-15-2007 01:04 PM

Brandon Cox is wearing his LOLLERstakes again for the MSU game

Thrown 2 int in the first 10 minutes, including 1 returned for a touchdown (was tipped) and another one thrown into triple blanket coverage.

He just got pulled for the backup.

MSU 10
AU 0

Gregatron 09-15-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brandon Cox is wearing his LOLLERstakes again for the MSU game

Thrown 2 int in the first 10 minutes, including 1 returned for a touchdown (was tipped) and another one thrown into triple blanket coverage.

He just got pulled for the backup.

MSU 10
AU 0

[/ QUOTE ]
I have suspected that MS State is not as bad as most people predicted. If they were in a mid major conference they could very likely make a bowl game IMO. Also, Auburn does not appear to be very good -- they seem to be having a down year, and benching Cox might be the way to go.

SuperUberBob 09-15-2007 01:28 PM

A nice home field call for Penn State.

ajmargarine 09-15-2007 01:42 PM

I got my Iowa State hat on. Go ISU vs Iowa in Ames on teh Versus channel, woot.

MicroBob 09-15-2007 02:12 PM

CCM is leading CGP 7-0 and that's really the only game i have available right now.

Visitng my GF's brother and he only has Dish-Latino package which only carries ESPN-Deportes and some other soccer channels.
So Deportes is showing some college-football game from Mexico. He thinks one is City College of Monterrey.

This is weird. Had no idea they had college football down there. They actually have a couple thousand or so in the stands too. Maybe about bad D3 or bad Juco level.
One QB through a floater about 10 yds past his receiver that was easily intercepted.

One team is called the Borregos which I guess is the Rams. Their cheerleaders are freaking awful.

Anyway....go CCM!!!

I'm also watching Iowa/Iowa State on the internet at least.