Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527015)

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 04:34 AM

Re: Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside)

[ QUOTE ]
IF they allow us to take $T if you have more than one ticket and you don't have to play that week I'm all for it. If they make me play that week then no way.

I really see no reason why we would have to actually play the Sunday million at all though since we can withdraw for $T under every other satellite system.

OH and fpp entry for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

This I disagree with. IMO, the first time you come through this steps system you should get a non - transferable ticket to the target event. So, while you would not need to play the million that week - you would have to play it at some stage. And what I would like to see is that if you defer entry that week, the first steps qualifier you win the following week forced you to have another ticket. So that if you are grinding these you are building up at least one million entry per week.

Thereafter, winnings are allocated as $T. I am all for a steps system that gets more low buyin players in the big game first and foremost. I am not for steps system that is solely there for you to grind $T.

You would still be able to do that if you wish - but the million has to be getting some of the money pumped in if this is to be something I support.

And I imagine Stars feel the same way.

bazooka87 10-23-2007 06:27 AM

Yep completely agree with having to play the first ticket

jcg2005 10-23-2007 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This would be awesome, but I don't think $T should be given for the first sunday seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BrandiFan 10-23-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep completely agree with having to play the first ticket

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, mmmmm fish.

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 10:04 AM

Seems like Stars isn't going with what the huge majority of their players want this time.

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Rest assured that I read most threads in MTTc, particularly ones that mention PokerStars or PokerStars tournaments.

Million Steps aren't planned at this time. Compared to big ticket events like the APPT, PCA, the WSOP, etc... the Sunday Million is quite inexpensive. Also, there are tons of ways to get to the Million; many hundreds of satellites run per week.

All the best,

Bryan S.
Tournaments Administrator
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like Stars isn't going with what the huge majority of their players want this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have liked a steps system to go ahead for the million - but it needs to be understood that the users of 2+2 are nowhere near a "huge majority" of the stars playing base.

Tantalus747 10-23-2007 10:32 AM

This is unfortunate. As a STT grinder looking to eventually move to MTTs I've never played a Sunday Million.

With a steps system in place I'd be playing every Sunday.

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but it needs to be understood that the users of 2+2 are nowhere near a "huge majority" of the stars playing base.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty confident that the huge majority of non 2+2ers would have wanted these as well. Are you suggesting otherwise?

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but it needs to be understood that the users of 2+2 are nowhere near a "huge majority" of the stars playing base.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty confident that the huge majority of non 2+2ers would have wanted these as well. Are you suggesting otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said already on this forum - I think a steps system to the million would have a huge uptake. But the majority of the playing base doesn't post here; doesn't even know that such websites exist - and, as such, I think it is arrogant and misleading to say that a couple of threads on MTTC asking for something is representative of a "Huge Majority" of the playing base.

I can guess that they would want this. But I couldn't prove it.

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El oh el!

I think it's a pretty safe guess.

2+2ers don't want this so they can play against nothing but other 2+2ers.

I think it's also equally safe to say that even if some players DIDN'T want steps to the Millions that they likely wouldn't mind them if they existed.

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El oh el!

I think it's a pretty safe guess.

2+2ers don't want this so they can play against nothing but other 2+2ers.

I think it's also equally safe to say that even if some players DIDN'T want steps to the Millions that they likely wouldn't mind them if they existed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh ok. Stars are still refusing to do it though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Merek007 10-23-2007 01:20 PM

Bryan S.

I haven't played the steps system yet(can't do PCA), but I think a steps to the miillion(as I understand it) would change my playing the million from once a year to 10 a year. Getting casual players like me to move up to larger events would increase how much we play while not bankrupting us. Also the steps seems to let you go up a step or 2 and pause. Many casual players with families and jobs can't commit regular times or large periods except for big events. I play lots for 3 weeks then nothing for a couple. Many of us older(40+) have lives and other interests but a fair amount of disposable cash.

DS are one and done. Steps seems to be more of a progression. Something you keep trying. DSs I play and if I lose, I might not play again for a month. Steps, lead you from one to the next. To us casual online players, the million is as big as we are likely to go. To many of us this is the grail, not a live event. WCOOP is great but it is a small period and for the casual player it may not fit my scheduele. THE million is every week.... and Big and the $$$ are life changing.

Steps to the million please....

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 01:28 PM

Bryan said:

[ QUOTE ]
the Sunday Million is quite inexpensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a good response:

[ QUOTE ]
To us casual online players, the million is as big as we are likely to go. To many of us this is the grail, not a live event. WCOOP is great but it is a small period and for the casual player it may not fit my scheduele. THE million is every week.... and Big and the $$$ are life changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

revots33 10-23-2007 01:45 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any theories as to why Stars WOULDN'T want to do this, from a business standpoint?

Only thing I can figure is that they want to have a certain type of satellite that is reserved for truly "special" events. In other words, if they ran Steps to a $215 buyin every single week, it would devalue the "We have an exciting new way to reach the PCA!" type of announcements they can make now. It's hard to make something seem like a special opportunity when it runs 365 days a year.

Not saying it's necessarily a good reason, but it's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

At any rate I'd play these, FWIW. But Bryan is right when he says there's already like a hundred other ways to reach the Sunday Million, including triple shootouts which are not that much different than Steps.

CharlieDontSurf 10-23-2007 01:52 PM

Setup for STEPS to millions should be simple

Same Set-up at PCA STEPS
*you could fix the numbers to maybe add a micro level at like $1 or $2 dollars thus making it 4 STEPs not 3.

STEP 1-- $7.50
1st: STEP 3
2nd: STEP 3
3rd: STEP 2
4th: T$1.50

STEP 2-- $27
4th: STEP 2
5th: STEP 1

STEP 3-- $82
1st: Sunday Million
2nd: Sunday Million
3rd: STEP 3
4th: STEP 3
5th: STEP 3

1st seat won has to be used in millions.
Multiple seat wins are paid out in T$215
No direct buy-in for STEP 3.

During the $530 and $1050 create a special STEP 4.

These would be running non stop 24/7. Not sure why Stars wouldn't do it.

MicroBob 10-23-2007 01:59 PM

I hardly ever play the Sunday Million.
I would probably end up playing a ton of them if they had the Steps format as outlined by Charliedontsurf.

Different discussion - but isn't it kind of weird that they added APPT Steps with turbos in the early rounds but they still won't do this for the PCA Steps?

CharlieDontSurf 10-23-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anyone has any theories as to why Stars WOULDN'T want to do this, from a business standpoint?

Only thing I can figure is that they want to have a certain type of satellite that is reserved for truly "special" events. In other words, if they ran Steps to a $215 buyin every single week, it would devalue the "We have an exciting new way to reach the PCA!" type of announcements they can make now. It's hard to make something seem like a special opportunity when it runs 365 days a year.

Not saying it's necessarily a good reason, but it's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

At any rate I'd play these, FWIW. But Bryan is right when he says there's already like a hundred other ways to reach the Sunday Million, including triple shootouts which are not that much different than Steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could ditch triple shootouts which are essentially DS's for poor people. and just have normal sat, Ds, and STEPS

DonJ 10-23-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Bryan is right when he says there's already like a hundred other ways to reach the Sunday Million, including triple shootouts which are not that much different than Steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree simply because of what has been said before. Turbo step tourneys take like 45 minutes to play tops, whereas I and many others just dont have the time for a TS and would never enter one. Turbo DS's are still way more time committing at any one time than a step turbo.

As for having to play the actual Sunday mil, Im against that because Im trying to grind out $T from fpps. I know I have that option already but find the steps are just better time wise for me and that they would be running every minute or so. I dont have time to actually commit to a single tourney on the weekend but want to play the million steps. Would be no different than it is now as you can withdraw for $T from every other satellite method and Stars still gets its cut.

Besides you really dont want me playing. Very - EV for y'all ;P

DonJ 10-23-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Different discussion - but isn't it kind of weird that they added APPT Steps with turbos in the early rounds but they still won't do this for the PCA Steps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Turbos are way better. I think they will add PCA turbos at some point though. The fact they added them for the APPT shows theyre moving that direction.

CharlieDontSurf 10-23-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Same Set-up at PCA STEPS
*you could fix the numbers to maybe add a micro level at like $1 or $2 dollars thus making it 4 STEPs not 3.

STEP 1-- $7.50

STEP 2-- $27

STEP 3-- $82
5th: STEP 2
6th: STEP 2
7th: STEP 1
8th: STEP 1
9th: STEP 1

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

In thinking about this...since STEP 3 is the final level and the ultimate goal is to keep people in the STEPs and thus give them multiple shots to win a STEP 3 and go the millions this is the bet format.

these also should all be turbos

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Same Set-up at PCA STEPS

STEP 1-- $7.50

STEP 2-- $27

STEP 3-- $82

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

In thinking about this...since STEP 3 is the final level and the ultimate goal is to keep people in the STEPs and thus give them multiple shots to win a STEP 3 and go the millions this is the bet format.

these also should all be turbos

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

TURBO AND REGULAR

You can't argue on one hand for creating a steps system because it gets more micro players in the million while at the same time fixing it so everyone has to play what format maximises your personal EV. There will be plenty of players on stars who have a dislike for turbos and wouldn't play them. Have regulars aswell so that you maximise the interest levels - and maximise the intake into the tournament. Which is the point.

MicroBob 10-23-2007 02:40 PM

right. doing a really gradual pay-structure like that keeps more people tied to the STEPS longer which I would assume = more rake for Stars.

Maybe Stars will consider starting such STEPS just for the $530 and $1040 Sunday tourneys first.
They seem reluctant to do it for something as small as a $215 buy-in event but the bigger ones might be more STEP-worthy in their eyes.

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
STEP 1-- $7.50

STEP 2-- $27

STEP 3-- $82
5th: STEP 3

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 02:49 PM

Step 1 costs $67.50 total and awards $192.50 in prizes.

Stars won't go for it.

DonJ 10-23-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stars won't go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sign me up!

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stars won't go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ACTUALLY laughed out loud!! nh.

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 03:19 PM

ROUGH DRAFT

Step 1
$2.20 ($1.80 rake)
1st- Step 2
2nd- Step 2
3rd- Step 1

Step 2
$8 ($4 rake)
1st- Step 3
2nd- Step 3
3rd- Step 2

Step 3
$30 ($14 rake)
1st- Step 4
2nd- Step 4
3rd- Step 3
4th- Step 3
5th- Step 2
6th- Step 2

Step 4
$90 ($15 rake)
1st- Sunday Million Ticket
2nd- Sunday Million Ticket
3rd- Sunday Million Ticket
4th- Step 4
5th- Step 3
6th- Step 3

CharlieDontSurf 10-23-2007 03:19 PM

STEP 1-- $7.50
1st: STEP 2
2nd: STEP 2
3rd: STEP 1

STEP 2-- $27

STEP 3-- $82

And both turbos and regulars i guess...eventhough turbos would be better

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ROUGH DRAFT

Step 1
$2.20 ($1.80 rake)
1st- Step 2
2nd- Step 2
3rd- Step 1

Step 2
$8 ($4 rake)
1st- Step 3
2nd- Step 3
3rd- Step 2

Step 3
$30 ($14 rake)
1st- Step 4
2nd- Step 4
3rd- Step 3
4th- Step 3
5th- Step 2
6th- Step 2

Step 4
$90 ($15 rake)
4th- Step 4
5th- Step 3
6th- Step 3

[/ QUOTE ]

WINNAR

CharlieDontSurf 10-23-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ROUGH DRAFT

Step 1
$2.20 ($1.80 rake)
1st- Step 2
2nd- Step 2
3rd- Step 1

Step 2
$8 ($4 rake)
1st- Step 3
2nd- Step 3
3rd- Step 2

Step 3
$30 ($14 rake)
1st- Step 4
2nd- Step 4
3rd- Step 3
4th- Step 3
5th- Step 2
6th- Step 2

Step 4
$90 ($15 rake)
4th- Step 4
5th- Step 3
6th- Step 3

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap...I just wet myself.

come on PSBryan...
try it
just once
you know u want to
and all the cool kids are doing it.

Benal 10-23-2007 04:04 PM

There's no need to revamp the current step structure IMO. It ends at step 3 which awards two $215 entries.

CharlieDontSurf 10-23-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no need to revamp the current step structure IMO. It ends at step 3 which awards two $215 entries.

[/ QUOTE ]

the above allows for the penny pinchers to play multiple level ones. It also give 3 seats to the millions instead of 2

StepBangin 10-23-2007 10:58 PM

Dear Stars,

PLEASE PLEASE ADD THESE!

K Thnx Bai

BingoBango 10-23-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said already on this forum - I think a steps system to the million would have a huge uptake. But the majority of the playing base doesn't post here; doesn't even know that such websites exist - and, as such, I think it is arrogant and misleading to say that a couple of threads on MTTC asking for something is representative of a "Huge Majority" of the playing base.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a sample of 210 with 96% saying yes, can pretty safely assume that the majority of the stars population would like this idea. If we assume that the average 2+2er is better than the average non 2+2er, the percentage of the population that would like this is probably even higher than 96%.

StepBangin 10-23-2007 11:38 PM

I made progress... NOT

--------------------------------------------
Hello StepBangin,

Thank you for contacting us today, we appreciate your feedback! I am
sending your suggestion to our Ideas box for consideration.

Please be sure, that we do take your ideas seriously and appreciate the

time you spent to send us your email. If we decide to develop a new
feature, based on our player's suggestions, we will proceed to inform
them
immediately.

Feel free to contact us should you need our assistance, we are here to
help.

Regards,

Tim
PokerStars Support Team

the alex 10-23-2007 11:46 PM

I didn't think much of this thread at first, but the enthusiasm here makes me a believer that this would be a step in the right direction. 6500 people, 7000 people, 10k people, whatever. Once a field passes 2000, it's all a big party.

Bring on the steps!

LD123 10-24-2007 01:26 AM

I'm lazy and I logged in to say ADD STEPS!

LD123 10-24-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ROUGH DRAFT

Step 1
$2.20 ($1.80 rake)
1st- Step 2
2nd- Step 2
3rd- Step 1

Step 2
$8 ($4 rake)
1st- Step 3
2nd- Step 3
3rd- Step 2

Step 3
$30 ($14 rake)
1st- Step 4
2nd- Step 4
3rd- Step 3
4th- Step 3
5th- Step 2
6th- Step 2

Step 4
$90 ($15 rake)
4th- Step 4
5th- Step 3
6th- Step 3

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be good.

I have a very hard time winning my way into the Sunday tourney and building $T.

I would probably play turbo's for the first two and regular for the last two.

stea 10-24-2007 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ROUGH DRAFT

Step 1
$2.20 ($1.80 rake)
1st- Step 2
2nd- Step 2
3rd- Step 1

Step 2
$8 ($4 rake)
1st- Step 3
2nd- Step 3
3rd- Step 2

Step 3
$30 ($14 rake)
1st- Step 4
2nd- Step 4
3rd- Step 3
4th- Step 3
5th- Step 2
6th- Step 2

Step 4
$90 ($15 rake)
4th- Step 4
5th- Step 3
6th- Step 3

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

guillaumezur 10-24-2007 10:07 AM

keep on voting guys

pokerstars has always take care of advises , with a big sample size of vote this poll could help us

anyone for posting it on other forums? i dont have account elsewhere