Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   WTF US DOLLAR JESUS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540260)

fnord_too 11-07-2007 01:50 PM

Re: WTF US DOLLAR JESUS

You all realize that a weakening dollar actually helps US based companies, right? Because products made here are now cheaper relative to products made in places whose currencies are killing ours. Its like everyone who borrowed from or lent to us (that is, everyone outside the US with US currency or holding US debt) is getting shafted. The only down side is foreign products cost relatively more, and there are a lot of products that are no longer manufactured here at all. Also, for you foreign travelers it sucks, but that sadly does not affect me right now.

Daddys_Visa 11-07-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You all realize that a weakening dollar actually helps US based companies, right? Because products made here are now cheaper relative to products made in places whose currencies are killing ours. Its like everyone who borrowed from or lent to us (that is, everyone outside the US with US currency or holding US debt) is getting shafted. The only down side is foreign products cost relatively more, and there are a lot of products that are no longer manufactured here at all. Also, for you foreign travelers it sucks, but that sadly does not affect me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true that the companies selling goods overseas are making money off the weak dollar everytime they convert their foreign revenue into US monies. But the US spends WAY more money buying foreign goods than they export themselves, so I have to think the net result hurts the US more than it helps.

Mantis Ant 11-07-2007 02:44 PM

So where's the graph?

ahnuld 11-07-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$100 canadian, whats that, like 3 cents american

[/ QUOTE ]

about 109.50$ american. Please to be buying all your discounted assets?

chicken10der 11-07-2007 02:52 PM

so everyone didn't trade in all their money for flooz several years ago like i did? suckers

FoxInTheHenHouse 11-07-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup and it means that all the manufacturing companies in Canada who export to the U.S. are suddenly panicked by the strong Canadian dollar. We just lost our competitive edge....

goofyballer 11-07-2007 03:25 PM

WHEW

BEEN LIKE A WEEK SINCE THE LAST TIME SOMEONE MADE ONE OF THESE THREADS

STARTIN TO FREAK OUT THAT NOBODY HAD UPDATED ME ON THE LATEST MOVES OF THE U.S. DOLLAR

grando 11-07-2007 03:38 PM

you should post your thanks in letter form

martijn 11-07-2007 04:13 PM

first neteller withdrawal 1 year ago, 3000$=2800 euro
last weeks neteller withdrawal, 3000$=2080 euro, yeey

Mothercanuck 11-07-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares if canadians have more money, they can't even buy healthcare.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhmmm is this a joke? We don't need to buy it like you do...ITS FREE!!!

justaPlayer 11-07-2007 04:34 PM

I'll have to weigh in here (not that my opinion matters) and acknowledge that I think the United States is utterly ruined. The last 6 years have easily been the most destructive period I have ever witnessed in my lifetime (I'm 27) and I see it getting worse almost by the day as the fat, retarded, insulin-dependent populace is willingly coaxed ever-deeper into a soulless, isolationist, reactionary stance that will result in total military control and martial law within ten years, so long as they are still allowed to be seduced by flatscreen TVs and SUVs and at least allowed the ILLUSION of freedom in their daily lives (though the truth is anything but). If they start a war with Iran, which I am afraid will happen, not only will the dollar to about .35 Euro, but the price of gas will go to $10/gallon, a military draft will be instituted, and the Constitution will largely be overturned in practice. God, I miss Europe...

nath 11-07-2007 04:35 PM

dammit, does this mean i have to move to europe

FoxInTheHenHouse 11-07-2007 04:37 PM

Canada's closer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nath 11-07-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Canada's closer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmm, good point. how easy is it to get residence in Vancouver?

justaPlayer 11-07-2007 04:42 PM

I'm just saying that unless something changes soon it's curtains for this once-great country. You heard it on 2p2 first from the sage mouth of justaPlayer.

justaPlayer 11-07-2007 04:44 PM

Yeah, and I am strongly considering relocating myseld, I'd love to see the discussion get steered toward Canadian immigration/citizenship policies...

OneTimeAce 11-07-2007 04:47 PM

Thats disgraceful, is this going to be a trend?

FoxInTheHenHouse 11-07-2007 04:48 PM

Vancouver's cost of living is brutal. They rape you for housing there.

London is the bomb, 350,000 people, low cost housing, lots of work.

Mike Kelley 11-07-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to weigh in here (not that my opinion matters) and acknowledge that I think the United States is utterly ruined. The last 6 years have easily been the most destructive period I have ever witnessed in my lifetime (I'm 27) and I see it getting worse almost by the day as the fat, retarded, insulin-dependent populace is willingly coaxed ever-deeper into a soulless, isolationist, reactionary stance that will result in total military control and martial law within ten years, so long as they are still allowed to be seduced by flatscreen TVs and SUVs and at least allowed the ILLUSION of freedom in their daily lives (though the truth is anything but). If they start a war with Iran, which I am afraid will happen, not only will the dollar to about .35 Euro, but the price of gas will go to $10/gallon, a military draft will be instituted, and the Constitution will largely be overturned in practice. God, I miss Europe...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...bur/EmoKid.jpg

justaPlayer 11-07-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...bur/EmoKid.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That is me. Brilliant contribution!

ahnuld 11-07-2007 05:21 PM

if you guys are smart you could be making the monies. I just bought a canadian company that sells only to canadians and gets alot of its inputs from the US. Its down for the last month which makes no sense. When quaterly comes out and NOI is up huge shares will appreciate and Ahnuld becomes richer.

shizzzzz 11-07-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$100 canadian, whats that, like 3 cents american

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: You are stupid.

AJFenix 11-07-2007 05:25 PM

Looks like it bounced up a tiny bit since yesterday,

1.00 USD = 0.928484 CAD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi is up to the minute

goofyballer 11-07-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its down for the last month which makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you so sure that future variations in stock price will make more sense?

ikestoys 11-07-2007 05:40 PM

good time to buy the dollar

Nonfiction 11-07-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya cause the US is totally becoming isolationist and right now strictly follows the constitution. Are you retarded? Plz to be going back to Europe where the government can take1/2 your paycheck since Europeans obv are too mindless to spend their own monies.

ahnuld 11-07-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its down for the last month which makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you so sure that future variations in stock price will make more sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

long term markets are pretty good at valuing things correctly. Short term it has proven to be way off.

AJFenix 11-07-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like it bounced up a tiny bit since yesterday,

1.00 USD = 0.928484 CAD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi is up to the minute

[/ QUOTE ]

omgomg

1.00 USD = 0.930486 CAD

CMON USA

eMbAh 11-07-2007 06:37 PM

depressing

grando 11-07-2007 06:45 PM

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

UP 2 CENTS

2% OF $$$ = 1.02$$$!!!!!!

nath 11-07-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just saying that unless something changes soon it's curtains for this once-great country. You heard it on 2p2 first from the sage mouth of justaPlayer.

[/ QUOTE ]
"LOL"

kemystery 11-07-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Bush getting a second term. I mean, wow, just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ him scamming the first term, 'member florida?

The once and future king 11-07-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
London is the bomb, 350,000 people

[/ QUOTE ]

This would only be true if London was bombed.....alot.

(Try circa 6 million)

Doh, you meant London Canada.

HP 11-07-2007 07:50 PM

jesus, will my AUD be worth more soon????? like 5 years ago it was under 50 cents USD

lol america

Xylocain 11-07-2007 07:54 PM

Invade more arab nations faster!!!!!!11111elelvelesn!!!!!

brianpower 11-07-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With what?

Xylocain 11-07-2007 08:02 PM

I live in CA, but I'm paid in SKR [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] more federal waste/incompetence -> weaker dollar -> more mobnies for meeeeeee

btmagnetw 11-07-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With what?

[/ QUOTE ]with freedom, ldo

The Eureka Kid 11-08-2007 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, will my AUD be worth more soon????? like 5 years ago it was under 50 cents USD

lol america

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just depressing that 5 years ago we would have been earning double what we are now...

Andrew Beall 11-08-2007 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: living on the border, BR in CAD, spending in USD HOLLA

[/ QUOTE ]

working in europe, spending in USD, america is like going in africa for europeans. HOLLA