Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Wtf? I just got approached by Amway!? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=97327)

Bluffoon 04-26-2006 01:15 AM

Re: Wtf? I just got approached by Amway!?

These people are worse than born again christians. Just stay far far away. SOrry you lost a good friend.

EMc 04-26-2006 01:31 AM

I went to a sales pitch cause my friend insisted it was the real deal. I made that guy feel like a idiot, questioning him and making him uncomfortable. I told my friend if he did this it would be a terrible idea, and alas, he believed me, and just 2 weeks ago he told me about his friend who got him into it...pours in way more than he can makes.

gamblore99 04-26-2006 01:40 AM

If he is at all your friend, just try to have a talk with him or at least send him 1-2 websites denouncing the whole thing.

kibble420 04-26-2006 01:41 AM

Believe it or not this isn't a scam. It's just a very, very hard way to make an easy living.

BSUrugby240 04-26-2006 01:42 AM

I had a co-worker at my internship get into this, he spends a TON of time and effort into it on the side. He has been in it for a long time and SEEMS to be doing alright with it, but I don't know the reality of it.

I went to a meeting when he told me about it, but I just don't think that everything adds up. AFter the meeting I just politely told him that I appreciated the offer, but was not interested in it.

kipin 04-26-2006 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These people are worse than born again christians. Just stay far far away. SOrry you lost a good friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

The organization puts a very heavy emphasis on Christianity so you get the best of both worlds.

Matt24 04-26-2006 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not this isn't a scam. It's just a very, very hard way to make an easy living.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I did some network marketing in college, if you are actually willing to put in the time(lots of it), you can make yourself some good money. I do have a couple acquaintances who are doing well with Lightyear Alliance.

ChipWrecked 04-26-2006 01:56 AM

The side business of selling motivational materials (tapes, CD's, books etc.) to new recruits is more lucrative than the business itself.

Cry Me A River 04-26-2006 02:09 AM

Ask to see the sponsor's tax return.

Seriously, it's like kryptonite and cuts right through all the BS.

PokerAmateur4 04-26-2006 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I did some network marketing in college, if you are actually willing to put in the time(lots of it), you can make yourself some good money. I do have a couple acquaintances who are doing well with Lightyear Alliance.

[/ QUOTE ] It seems to be pretty much a full-fledged scam. I just read on Wikipedia that in addition to the fact that:

[ QUOTE ]
The side business of selling motivational materials (tapes, CD's, books etc.) to new recruits is more lucrative than the business itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

that the products that do sell are mostly to those within the organization. These products that the "business" purports to sell are largely just a cover for an otherwise clear pyramid scheme. Yes there are legitamte sales, but that's not how the system thrives, thus it is a veiled scam, it was ruled in supreme court that it was a legal corporation due to this cover, the way I understand it.

Makes me think of how DVD writers can be sold legally, because while they COULD be used illegally, they have a legal use too so they can be sold, even though a major use is pirating.