Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $114 hand vs. Ryanghall (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=89671)

gisb0rne 04-17-2006 03:45 PM

Re: $114 hand vs. Ryanghall

I fold and it's not even close. I put him on AA or maybe KK. The raise is so big relative to the blinds that if people call behind him they are making a very big mistake. Thus by flat calling he gains the possiblity of reraises behind him, without the risk of allowing people in too cheaply.

suzzer99 04-17-2006 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. Doesn't ryan reraise any monster here? Except maybe AA, but a lot of people don't even do that. I say you can call and bet a safe flop, or push. I guess I lean towards #1, just in case someone behind me wakes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would ryan re-raise QQ-AA here? That's terrible poker playing. Actually, he shouldn't re-raise any hand that he calls with here. I think that ryan is calling this with TT+/AKo+ considering there are 6 other people behind him, I would think he folds 99 and lower/AQ-.

Folding jacks here would probably be the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You really want 2+ more callers to your QQ? I don't even like to see that with AA. I feel like I won the lottery if my AA holds up 3-way. UTG+1's range is something like 15-20% here I would think. Did he just lose his chips on the previous hand? If so then he could be a lot wider than that. This widens ryans range a TON, and widens the range of those acting behind him. To me, his call here means he has a good hand, that he wants to see if he can get UTG's chips, but is a little scared of someone waking up behind him. Flat-calling with QQ would be horrible IMO.

Sykes 04-17-2006 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't he reraise KK, QQ and probably AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason he wouldn't re-raise 99/TT/JJ/AQ/AK.

Sykes 04-17-2006 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. Doesn't ryan reraise any monster here? Except maybe AA, but a lot of people don't even do that. I say you can call and bet a safe flop, or push. I guess I lean towards #1, just in case someone behind me wakes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would ryan re-raise QQ-AA here? That's terrible poker playing. Actually, he shouldn't re-raise any hand that he calls with here. I think that ryan is calling this with TT+/AKo+ considering there are 6 other people behind him, I would think he folds 99 and lower/AQ-.

Folding jacks here would probably be the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You really want 2 more callers to your QQ? UTG+1's range is something like 15-20% here I would think. Did he just lose his chips on the previous hand? If so then he could be a lot wider than that. This widens ryans range a TON, and widens the range of those acting behind him. To me, his call here means he has a good hand, that he wants to see if he can get UTG's chips, but is a little scared of someone waking up behind him. Flat-calling with QQ would be horrible IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're terrible. I'm not even going to discuss why you're wrong.

suzzer99 04-17-2006 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're terrible. I'm not even going to discuss why you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, that's keeping with the spirit of STTF. You'll do well here.

Melchiades 04-17-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even going to discuss why you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then don't bother posting. People post here to learn. If you're not interested in educating people, stick to posting questions and reading the forum.

Sykes 04-17-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even going to discuss why you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then don't bother posting. People post here to learn. If you're not interested in educating people, stick to posting questions and reading the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be [censored] obvious to an expert sng player like suzzer.

Marwan 04-17-2006 03:56 PM

against random donk i'd see a flop, I think we're behind Ryan's range here a lot of the time.

pooh74 04-17-2006 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ryanghall is utg+1

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryanghall's stars SN is "UTG+1". Consider that one "noted"!!!!

Gotcha ryan!!! hahahahha

Pudge714 04-17-2006 03:56 PM

Assuming Ryanghall knows who you are. I think he can only call a shove with KK+.