Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Moderators shouldn't keep ignore lists (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=75246)

El Diablo 04-03-2006 03:43 AM

Re: Moderators shouldn\'t keep ignore lists

Dibs,

I also agree that mods should not have anyone on ignore.

Mike Haven 04-04-2006 09:54 AM

Mods are under strict instructions never to disagree about anything in public, or we risk getting our [censoreds] chopped off, as it might cause unrest in the ranks, so I'll only say if I kept an ignore list I would expect to be called a total [censoreder] by far more than just gildwulf and his type.

Dids 04-04-2006 11:03 AM

When Diablo, Clark and Mike agree on something, I'll defere to their judgement. My ignore list is dead, long live my ignore list.

Mike Haven 04-04-2006 11:24 AM

One to the proletariat!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dids 04-04-2006 11:26 AM

I'm going to ban at least three people and delete 2 threads out of spite just to make up for this.

nation 04-04-2006 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to ban at least three people and delete 2 threads out of spite just to make up for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha nothing wrong with venting on trolls.

Clarkmeister 04-05-2006 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When Diablo, Clark and Mike agree on something, I'll defere to their judgement. My ignore list is dead, long live my ignore list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man. Kudos. There's hope for you yet!

Mike Haven 04-05-2006 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Although we've been having a bit of fun here, to be serious for a moment, I think that anyone, (and especially a moderator), who keeps an ignore list is actually abnegating his implicit responsibility to his peers, (or his fellow moderators).

He is not seeing posts that probably have a higher likelihood of being inappropriate and that might need to be reported for consideration of possible deletion or edit by the host forum moderator for the general good and improvement of the forums as a whole. (Which latter reason, incidentally, in a nutshell, is the reader-moderator team's raison d'etre.)

MicroBob 04-05-2006 05:49 PM

abnegating?

Mike Haven 04-05-2006 06:11 PM

Yes. I think so.

Don't you, too, of all people, Bob?