Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   the mmtbone thread - mod discussion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=72948)

durron597 03-28-2006 02:48 PM

Re: the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

Lori just sent me this over instant messenger

[ QUOTE ]

if i find any evidence of a situation where someone has discussed your gender and you did not throw at least an equal hissy fit, you will be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is going a little too far for someone who regularly writes magazine articles and wrote the Zoo sticky.

Also Lori's exact words in msn were:

[ QUOTE ]

[13:19] Ms. Lorinda Dingles: I may even threaten to take 2+2 to court

[/ QUOTE ]

I have chat logs to this effect if necessary, I shouldn't have even mentioned it in my other post, and Lori didn't say for sure that the threat would be made for real, I think that was a private statement to me that was made more out of frustration than for real.

jason_t 03-28-2006 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

I can't remember how I know he's a man, but I'm 90% sure it's from somebody who met him in an MTG tournament. I think he's abandonded any reasonable expectation of privacy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it too, and I've known it for a long time. One of the reasons that it sticks in my mind is because I go to school with a British person named Lori who is also a man. He said it's common in England.

I like him because he dated my ex for a little and called her "mental" but that's a different story.

astroglide 03-28-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose if it's the difference between avoiding an nuisance suit from a lunatic, delete the offending post and move on. Frankly, I'd rather ban the offending lunatic/anti-rakeback troll and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

i plan on banning lori if i find any evidence that somebody else said they were a man, lori knew about it, and lori didn't freak out.

VoraciousReader 03-28-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anybody know of a thread in which lori has participated where they were called a man or a woman and didn't freak out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't name a thread but even I have known for so long that it seems I have "always" known and I don't participate in off the forum chat, have only started reading OOT after I kept getting linked there as a mod, and am by no stretch of the imagination one of the "cool kids" or "insiders".

astroglide 03-28-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is going a little too far for someone who regularly writes magazine articles and wrote the Zoo sticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

lori is wasting everybody's time here and inconveniencing anybody that is interested in the thread if this "outrage" is selectively enforced because of some sort of personal agenda.

dude: lori is a man
lori: hi dude

other dude: lori is a man
lori: other dude, do you like bowling?

mmb: lori is a man
lori: MY RIGHTS AS A HUMAN HAVE BEEN VIOLATED!

this is total [censored] if that's the case

Dids 03-28-2006 02:53 PM

durron,

If you're in AIM communication with him, please feel free to share what I've said about knowledge of his gender. Although since he holds a monster grudge against me, I'm not sure what it will mean.

VoraciousReader 03-28-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe Lori would contemplate suing. Seriously- I don't know anybody who isn't aware of his gender. Somebody told me a long time ago, and it's been talked about a ton in IRC. There's simply no big secret that got out of the bag here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely this is just satire of the ZBT drama and the ensuing brouhaha?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not know Lori very well [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all (except for the genie stories and the occasional anti-rakeback rant)...BUT I knew he was male.

Which, imo, is the point.

stabn 03-28-2006 03:00 PM

I'm having horrible perf opening threads on archiveserver right now which is making this a real bitch.

Sniper 03-28-2006 03:01 PM

fwiw... threatening to sue 2+2 should be an instant ban!

durron597 03-28-2006 03:02 PM

Here's the last thread on the topic in the SnG forum.

Lorinda's gender

Look at the poll results.

Also

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

If you're in AIM communication with him, please feel free to share what I've said about knowledge of his gender. Although since he holds a monster grudge against me, I'm not sure what it will mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. Also Lorinda holds a huge grudge against you because you said you wanted him (yes I'm aware of what pronoun I just used everyone here knows by this point obviously) to go broke among other things