Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=65585)

Nietzsche 03-20-2006 11:50 AM

Re: VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23:00. JdTd, you raise in MP, only BB, a tight player, calls. Flop comes KQ2 all spades. You bet, BB calls. Turn is a brick (4c) and you bet again. Standard?
I check this as I think he calls (or raises) too often for this to be profitable when he called on the flop.

DpR 03-20-2006 04:43 PM

Any trick to watching this. New window opens when I click on the link, but nothing follows.....

baronzeus 03-20-2006 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
23:00. JdTd, you raise in MP, only BB, a tight player, calls. Flop comes KQ2 all spades. You bet, BB calls. Turn is a brick (4c) and you bet again. Standard?
I check this as I think he calls (or raises) too often for this to be profitable when he called on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is something I do wrong. But I think people peel with any spade here?

Lady Dont Tekno 03-20-2006 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any trick to watching this. New window opens when I click on the link, but nothing follows.....

[/ QUOTE ]

try right-clicking the link and choose "Save As..." and save it to your desktop or something

DeathDonkey 03-20-2006 05:39 PM

They call the turn though too. You firing 3 barrels? I'd almost prefer to check behind turn and call river with your nut jack high [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

Victor 03-20-2006 05:41 PM

i like this bet as a tight player will fold aj/at.

raze 03-20-2006 06:35 PM

I only play 5/10, but I love watching higher limits. About halfway thru (18:40), you had Q8s in the BB, and you called a raise and a re-raise (at same time) pre-flop... this is standard with Q8s ?? Can you please explain that a bit?

Anyways, you flopped top pair vs two opponents, raised, got 3-bet by the SB. The turn is a Jack and you folded to a SB lead. I thought this was a great fold, as the SB re-raised out of position on the flop on a rag board, which screamed to me that you were beat.

waffle 03-20-2006 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only play 5/10, but I love watching higher limits. About halfway thru (18:40), you had Q8s in the BB, and you called a raise and a re-raise (at same time) pre-flop... this is standard with Q8s ?? Can you please explain that a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about reading the original post?

alebron 03-20-2006 11:10 PM

A couple of thoughts:

1. I notice you hover the mouse over two buttons, going back and forth, when you have a close decision. Maybe avoiding this might cut down on your misclick frequency. Just a thought.

2. You seem to use the auto-raise button a fair bit. Are you not worried about giving up information? I.e. an opponent learns to interpret the difference between an auto-raise and a regular raise to glean information about your hand.

3. Is T8s a standard open for you from the HJ?

DeathDonkey 03-20-2006 11:26 PM

I steal more than you. I limp 22 after a limper (you folded on button). You bet/fold alot more than me. I check behind more turns than you but bet ones that you checked behind a few times so I think we play pretty differently on the turn. Looked like you were on a bit of tilt at the end (cap A6o in SB when that guy kept giving you a hard time in BB) etc.

-DeathDonkey