Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tip Hustling at the Trop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=653)

phish 11-22-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Tip Hustling at the Trop

I played in a game once when a very attractive dealer sits down. So some old guy in the game says, 'Christine is the prettiest dealer in this place. Let's all tip her a green one ($25).' At this point, everyone at the table throws her a $25 chip. Except for me.

Go figure...

icepick 11-22-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in a game once when a very attractive dealer sits down. So some old guy in the game says, 'Christine is the prettiest dealer in this place. Let's all tip her a green one ($25).' At this point, everyone at the table throws her a $25 chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/im...s/icon_eek.gif

He must of been getting a cut. Or she was naked.

Bulbarainey 11-22-2005 04:16 PM

the dealer should be fired. I haven't seen anything nearly this bad, but one time at NYNY a BJ dealer hadnt gotten a tip for several rounds and asked "Why no tips? my children need to eat too."

MaxWeiss 11-22-2005 04:35 PM

I am a dealer

Skip to the last line if you don't care to read it all.

I just thought I'd post a reply since I am a part time dealer. I'm surprised you tipped at all! I agree, take your three bucks back. That kind of behavior is just unacceptable in my mind, as a player or a fellow dealer. But I am the "Mario" type of dealer.

I like dealing poker, as it is much less stressful than playing, and makes me more than the current limits I can afford to play at. I know some people will tip and some won't and that the way the job is. If I get a penny tossed at me, I tap it and put it in my pocket with a nice "thank you very much." If I get a black (or prurple or brown) chip tossed at me, I'll tap it and put it in my pocket with a nice "thank you very much." That's my job. I deliver cards, keep the game civil, and call out hands and push the pot. That's it. It's not rocket science.

Just don't tip people like that. You think you've met annoying players? Tye listening to the dealers when they're on break! Did you know that 96.3% of all poker dealer are the best players in the world and know more about poker than anybody else on the planet??? And apprently people are truly evil humans who deserve painful death if they aren't good tippers. Just don't tip people like that. If they aren't going to act like professioinals, why should they get paid like it. I expect to not get tipped sometimes, but most dealer's expect to earn more than they are likely to. I had a very nice player who got first in a live single table shootout not tip me at all, but he was so friendly and kind, I really didn't care at all. But all the other dealer's pegged him as an a-hole. Maybe he realized he needed the money. Maybe he really couldn't afford to be playing. I don't know and I just don't care.

So the bottom line is, complain to the floor when stuff like that happens, so that the Mario's and me's of the world can get more money. (We'll also act like professionals.)

psyduck 11-22-2005 04:36 PM

that is ridiculous. complain to the management for sure.

cardcounter0 11-22-2005 05:59 PM

Should have called the Manager. I am sure he would have got the guy, who was buying the whole table expensive drinks and throwing money around like it was going out of style, bounced out of there quickly. Wouldn't want the guy having trouble tipping $5 instead of $3 getting all bent out of shape.

AngusThermopyle 11-22-2005 06:23 PM

I believe you have managed to completely miss the point of the post.

cardcounter0 11-22-2005 06:30 PM

You mean the point wasn't the depth a dealer and a cocktail waitress will sink to in order to get a share of the cash some fish is throwing around like water?

Instead of just doing their minimum wage job and watching a bunch of poker bums and their employer quickly suck up all that money by raking in overly large pots (with a $3 tip) and spent on overpriced expensive drinks?

Or was the point that the cocktail waitress and dealer was trying to hustle money off the fish that the poker player was also trying to hustle, and that is simply outlandish?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Nut4Dawgs 11-22-2005 06:34 PM

Re: I am a dealer

nh

AngusThermopyle 11-22-2005 06:40 PM

I felt the point of the post is that if a whore wants to hustle a John, fine. Just don't hustle me.