Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   statism day one (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=5650)

XxGodJrxX 01-06-2006 02:31 PM

Re: statism day one

[ QUOTE ]
You go to sleep a free man. When you wake up, you discover that a huge government bureaucracy has sprung up overnight. They have sent a bulldozer over to level your house in order to make way for a new indoctrination facility. When you object, the bureaucrat reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoots you in the head.

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does, does, does this mean I can't shoot people anymore and take their wallets? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
WHY GOD, WHY?

By the ways, this may or may not be true, but I have recently heard that Bush lied. I'll keep you guys posted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

vulturesrow 01-06-2006 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have intellectually stimulating debates about AC than read another 50 "Bush lied" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are intellectually stimulating debates about AC going on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

superleeds 01-06-2006 03:13 PM

you really wake up

Coffee 01-06-2006 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the ways, this may or may not be true, but I have recently heard that Bush lied. I'll keep you guys posted

[/ QUOTE ] Not sure why, but I find this great.

The Don 01-06-2006 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You go to sleep a free man. When you wake up, you discover that a huge government bureaucracy has sprung up overnight. They have sent a bulldozer over to level your house in order to make way for a new indoctrination facility. When you object, the bureaucrat reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoots you in the head.

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does, does, does this mean I can't shoot people anymore and take their wallets? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
WHY GOD, WHY?

By the ways, this may or may not be true, but I have recently heard that Bush lied. I'll keep you guys posted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to shoot people and take their wallets in the a statist system. At least you know that they won't be able to defend themselves (concealed weapon laws) and that all you have to avoid is the highly inefficient law enforcement bureaucracy (who are out busting some drug dealers for the devestating crime of engaging in voluntary transactions), then you are home free.

Borodog 01-06-2006 06:19 PM

Pssst. He doesn't know that most murders, rapes, robberies, and burglaries go unsolved. Don't break his little statist bubble.

Riddick 01-06-2006 06:23 PM

migrate over to the forum on mises.org

SheetWise 01-06-2006 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pssst. He doesn't know that most murders, rapes, robberies, and burglaries go unsolved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unsolved? From a statist position does this mean that they are non-existent or simply inelligible?

XxGodJrxX 01-06-2006 07:16 PM

The Don, you are the light in my life. Now that I know I can shoot people again, all I have to do is figure out how to take the bullet out of my brain that pvn shot me with. Once that is done, it's back to business. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SheetWise 01-06-2006 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... all I have to do is figure out how to take the bullet out of my brain that pvn shot me with. Once that is done, it's back to business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once you're back to business, write to us so we can provide instructions regarding what to do with it.