Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Bubble Situation What Do You Do????????? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557875)

Merek007 11-30-2007 04:28 PM

Re: Bubble Situation What Do You Do?????????

Your choices 1) are call and see a flop...You have the 3rd best hand in a micro... not getting enough value. To me(fellow micro donk) You have to rr.

2) RR how much? $1000? or Push? TT/JJ+ will push back for sure on 1000 rr. Many As and prs will push back. Only trash is likely folding. Will trash call a 1000 rr? So the question is does the push win you more money with a lower win % in 10-20% fewwer pots(folds) but a 5 times bigger pot. Sometimes you will fold on flop, but sometimes you will stack and win anyway?

hagbard celine 11-30-2007 05:33 PM

lev, first off, I agree with you 100%, that shoving PF here is brutish and playing scared.

I do, however, think that our play needs to be tailored to the stakes, and in a $1 tournament, shoving PF might be the best way to get all the money into the middle with the best hand.

Basically, I wouldn't push because I'm scared of seeing an A on the flop, but because I'm not sure that UTG+1 is limping and then folding this shallow. I don't play this low, but in $5 MTTs I see this type of play a lot from small to medium pairs from players that can't open fold a pair, won't raise cause they're scared and then won't fold to a shove.

On the other hand, all the responses to shove need to be balanced by people explaining that outside of the context of this particular tournament with this buy-in, shoving here is a massive overbet, and is going to lose you value.

hagbard celine 11-30-2007 05:34 PM

Oh, and the fact that this is the bubble really shouldn't have any effect on your play.

ZenMusician 11-30-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this level, however, I doubt that many Villains are going to fold a hand to a shove that they'd call a reasonable raise with, so I'm shoving here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, that was my point entirely.

-ZEN

hamnegger 11-30-2007 09:46 PM

no the shove doesn't optimize a great hand. make it 1500. then u can shove flop if no ace hits

hamnegger 11-30-2007 09:52 PM

the more i think about the shove is horrible

benza13 12-01-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no the shove doesn't optimize a great hand. make it 1500. then u can shove flop if no ace hits

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with this completely

the shove is totally overkill and is just playing to not have tough decisions