Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TPWK draw heavy board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557065)

neurotiq 11-29-2007 03:20 PM

Re: TPWK draw heavy board

I check the flop in a field this big. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

knockonwood 11-29-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check and see on the flop. The pot is smallish, your hand isn't that great and that board is very drawy. What I do after checking depends on who bets and how many call.

[/ QUOTE ]

thrillhouse7 11-29-2007 06:37 PM

It seems like the more experienced posters think this is a check. I've been thinking about what to do with possible scenarios after I check. I think if there is a bet and some callers, I fold. Even getting 9-1 closing the action?

Do I raise an uncalled late position bet? It seems like the reason I checked was because I have a sorta weak hand in a big field. This makes me think my hand isn't strong enough to raise. Should I instead be thinking this late position bettor could be betting a weaker hand than mine and I can maybe get it heads up with a raise here.

And if its checked around I bet a safe turn. (although it seems like I run into the same problems I did on the flop - big field / could be behind.)

I think this hand was tough for me because I don't have a great hand but I don't want to fold what could very well be the best hand at the moment.

Also I'm embarrased to admit that I just realized that the J pairing counterfeited (more like upgraded) my kicker.

Aaron W. 11-29-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the more experienced posters think this is a check. I've been thinking about what to do with possible scenarios after I check. I think if there is a bet and some callers, I fold. Even getting 9-1 closing the action?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the usual check-and-see lines.

* Check-fold if it's bet and raised to you
* Check-call if there is an early position bet and some callers (peel one off to see what the turn card/turn action brings)
* Check-raise if there is a late position bet (all the checks implies weakness in the other players' hands, and there is no reason that the late position bettor must have a strong hand to be betting)

00Snitch 11-29-2007 06:49 PM

grunch

I prefer to "check-and-see" vs this many opponents on the flop. I would be more inclined to bet into say 2 opponents.

On this flop, you probably won't thin the field with a single bet, however, you might get the chance to c/r a LP bet and show the field 2 bets.

If I go to the turn with one or two opponents I will lead most turns.

I will probably c/c most rivers.

thrillhouse7 11-29-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

* Check-call if there is an early position bet and some callers (peel one off to see what the turn card/turn action brings)
* Check-raise if there is a late position bet (all the checks implies weakness in the other players' hands, and there is no reason that the late position bettor must have a strong hand to be betting)

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you

Sarge85 11-30-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

HermannTL 11-30-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. bad for us b/c we have to add up all their outs making them +EV against us?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that seems to neatly sum up the concept of "Implicit Collusion" of loose players. [BTW, I basically like your line, but don't put much weight on my opinion!]