Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   400 NL - LITTLE HELP HERE? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554627)

TheProdigy 11-26-2007 01:02 PM

Re: 400 NL - LITTLE HELP HERE?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mab812 11-26-2007 02:16 PM

i agree - it's hard to imagine anyone calling with a worst hand than AK here.

Though of course, it could beat a really poorly played set of Jacks. but not betting the turn on that board is well, bad, and with 13/10/2 stats, all indicaitons are that he would. What range do we put villian on here?

CalledDownLight 11-26-2007 04:49 PM

I think its standard tbh.

RapidLearner 11-26-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Grinding2Ecstasy 11-26-2007 05:04 PM

I can't think of any hands you're getting value from with a shove here, so the only reasons to shove are A - to move him off a better hand which I don't think you're attempting, or B - to look like a bluff which gets him to call with QQ, which he prob won't.

The best options to me are A) value betting to get value from TT/QQ which would prob check behind on riv , or B) check calling to induce a bluff, or lose the least to better hand.

CalledDownLight 11-26-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he doesn't have a better hand hardly ever and c/c sucks (and I don't really fold TPTK in 3bet pots very often and this isn't one of the few times that I'd want to).

mab812 11-26-2007 05:17 PM

why does c/c'ing suck?

does anyone really call here with anything < what easy hit on the river.

with that said, what is the mission of the bet? Make QQ make a tough call?

RapidLearner 11-26-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he doesn't have a better hand hardly ever and c/c sucks (and I don't really fold TPTK in 3bet pots very often and this isn't one of the few times that I'd want to).

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this create a reverse negative freeroll situation though? We don't have a hand strong enough to get called by a hand that would check behind, and all the hands we're losing to will bet big or shove anyway.

Are you just trying to head off a bluff from villain (or induce a hero call) with your own bluff? That seems really marginal to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You can just say "meta-game" and I'll leave you alone. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GrandMelon 11-26-2007 05:23 PM

As long as you bluff here a portion of the time (which I assume your laggy ass does) then this is fine. He might convince himself to make a hero call with AJ/QQ.

CalledDownLight 11-26-2007 05:26 PM

I think he an make some hero calls here given that eazy's range is pretty much AK or air in this spot with the turn check. I wouldn't really be surprised to get looked up by worse 1 pair hands at all. Also, I'm not too eager to check here and go to showdown or c/f as that line seems weak given my 3bet, cbet, shutdown line and I would like to be able to get value when I have a big hand the next time.