Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   How does a book determine if you're a sharp? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554540)

Daliman 11-27-2007 11:27 PM

Re: How does a book determine if you\'re a sharp?

Ok, just since this thread has fogged the view, can I get a clarification on whether Pinny double-deals lines? I always thought they didn't.

Performify 11-27-2007 11:31 PM

Pinnacle has never dealt double lines to my knowledge.

They have served different limits.

-P

NajdorfDefense 11-28-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pinnacle has never dealt double lines to my knowledge.

They have served different limits.

-P

[/ QUOTE ]

Schwatt 11-28-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bodog (and most other sites) deal sharp lines by account, regardless of IP. Your behavior there gets flagged as sharp ( primarily betting primarily the underdogs which are shaded towards ) and that account is flagged as sharp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet on Bodog almost exclusively for this reason.(and their props obv)

So what sort of betting amounts are we talking about here to get flagged as a sharp?

$50/game 2-3 times a week?
$100/game 8-10 times/week?
Way more than I'll ever have to worry about? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Performify 11-28-2007 01:01 AM

Bodog's sharp lines are usually shaded towards the underdogs, just not so much.

If you exclusively bet underdogs at Bodog, even at $10 a bet, I imagine you'll be on the sharp lines after a couple weeks.

Check from two different browsers as suggested above (one logged in, one which has never logged in / has cookies cleared) and I wouldn't be surprised to see if you're already getting the sharp lines.

-P

B00T 11-28-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The square lines aren't that much different and not on any bettors top 25 list of things they care about. People make such a production over this and it's a complete waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

cato-tonia 11-29-2007 12:53 AM

it's no problem to have a db automatically generate reports containing any information needed. who is winning would be one such.

Post-Oak 11-29-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really know nothing about this, I originally thought a book would only adjust someone's lines if they were a big winner, betting a large amount per game etc, but a friend of mine has different lines than I do, and he bets very small, so do they just change them whenever you go a winning streak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the books just contact Thremp and ask if the bettor in question is a "sharp" or a "square".

ToNYlol 11-29-2007 03:10 AM

Do you guys know if Greek does this? I only have an account with them, and bet 300-500 a game on selected games--usually 8 games or so a week. I had absolutely no idea that books would mess with lines per player so all of this is rather disturbing.

Someone mentioned steam chasing. I steam-chased once(bad I know) but did end up winning the bet. Are you saying steam-chasing causes them to mess with your future lines?

Thanks for the cookie clear heads up Performify, I've been running really hot betting dogs(1u=$300) so I bet I'm already flagged.

hogua 11-29-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I steam-chased once(bad I know)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea it is always bad to bet a better line than you can get elsewhere [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]