Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Turbo With Hidden Voting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554398)

Epicurus 11-25-2007 09:00 PM

Re: Turbo With Hidden Voting

and chims post sums up why.

Epicurus 11-25-2007 09:08 PM

actually, that gave me an idea. a WW game where everyone is a neutral with their own win condition. there would be a lynching each day, and some people would have the ability to perform night actions, but no nightkills. masonries could be formed between blocs of players who would ostensibly have a mutual agenda but whose true intentions would be their own. THEN secret voting, with no reveal or limited reveal, would be applicable and probably essential.

Our House 11-25-2007 09:08 PM

Although...

One thing we're forgetting is -- last second vote changes.

"I know I said I was going to vote for xxxx, but I changed my mind with 5 seconds left."

Wolf statement or villager statement?

More metagame!

fmxda 11-25-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, that gave me an idea. a WW game where everyone is a neutral with their own win condition. there would be a lynching each day, and some people would have the ability to perform night actions, but no nightkills. masonries could be formed between blocs of players who would ostensibly have a mutual agenda but whose true intentions would be their own. THEN secret voting, with no reveal or limited reveal, would be applicable and probably essential.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds a lot like Vendettas

chim17 11-25-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although...

One thing we're forgetting is -- last second vote changes.

"I know I said I was going to vote for xxxx, but I changed my mind with 5 seconds left."

Wolf statement or villager statement?

More metagame!

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that like more metagame is a desirable and good thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

antidan444 11-25-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds a lot like Vendettas

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that that's a problem. Vendettas-style games rule.

Epicurus 11-25-2007 09:11 PM

i started to try and read Vendettas a couple of times. it looked hopelessly complex, so i gave it up. i think a lot of the games with highly involved powers and rulesets are almost impossible to make sense of when reading it cold. if you're experiencing it dynamically its probably much easier.

traz 11-25-2007 09:12 PM

paging durron

Our House 11-25-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're experiencing it dynamically its probably much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]
I played Vendettas 1 and didn't like it much (can't speak for any sequels). Anyone who already won, or who had the game locked up, had no incentive to keep going. Hell, I didn't even have a lock (was maybe 80% to win) and I stopped caring after day 3.

antidan444 11-25-2007 09:14 PM

It's impossible to appreciate the awesomeness of Vendettas unless in the game.