Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   55$ KK A high board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554392)

Q.. 11-28-2007 09:31 PM

Re: 55$ KK A high board

Hmm just wondering what exactly can any pocket pair beat on river after preflop reraise to 270? KJ?lol

About the hand - usual check behind with KK on A high flop, 300 turn bet, and probably check on river after being called.

sence25 11-28-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm just wondering what exactly can any pocket pair beat on river after preflop reraise to 270? KJ?lol

About the hand - usual check behind with KK on A high flop, 300 turn bet, and probably check on river after being called.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're just wondering, why bet the turn?
You don't really have to worry about getting outdrawn, that's for sure(the only one having more than 2 outs seems to be QJ and some random gutshot, lol).

What'd you do if you get a call on the turn and a bet on the river?

Obviously some random pocket on the river beats only a bluff, but people will tend to think you're bluffing since it went cc cc c bet and just call, giving you some nice extra chips.

Q.. 11-28-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously some random pocket on the river beats only a bluff, but people will tend to think you're bluffing since it went cc cc c bet and just call, giving you some nice extra chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bluffing with exactly what type of hand after preflop 270 reraise again?

Why bet turn - because we can get a call from a hand we beat now - KQ, QJ, and board becomes drawy too.

sence25 11-28-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bluffing with exactly what type of hand after preflop 270 reraise again?

Why bet turn - because we can get a call from a hand we beat now - KQ, QJ, and board becomes drawy too.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was no reraise pf.
You could bet turn to protect against the Q outs of KQ and the additional J outs of QJ.
But I think it doesn't make that big of a difference, as long as you get a li'l bet in on the river.
Also, board has not gotten really drawy IMO, there's still only gutshots and twoouters that we're ahead of, apart from above mentioned QJ.

Q.. 11-29-2007 05:45 AM

Hmm well UTG calls t60 (pot was t90), Hero raises to t270 i called this a reraise but nethermind, as about protection no - no protection here, just betting for value, on the flop no bet is called by worse hand, on the turn there are hands that will-might call which we have beat.

Also double check - he probably didn't call with A to check it twice, happens of course but less likely then smth different.

sippin_criss 11-29-2007 06:22 AM

Looks pretty good to me as long as you know why you did what you did.

drzen 11-29-2007 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of struggling with why I bet the turn if I check behind flop. Are you hoping to get called by KQ/QJ/suspicious mid pair?

Mostly, if they don't call flop, they don't call turn, and not much can come on the river to beat us. I think I prefer a WA/WB line, as OP played it.

Q.. 11-29-2007 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of struggling with why I bet the turn if I check behind flop. Are you hoping to get called by KQ/QJ/suspicious mid pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - i've stated that above. I really think it would be a very specific set of qualities for a player to hit an ace and double check it there so after second check i consider us WA and value bet. After paired Q we don't beat anything again and check/fold mode is fine.

sence25 11-29-2007 08:18 AM

99, TT, JJ are in villains range and far more likely than a Q or an A(given he checked three times), that's why river deserves a fine small valuebet.

KPL 11-29-2007 09:05 AM

I like the way you played it