Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Mental Game - Dealing with variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554068)

PsYcOsNiPeR 11-25-2007 12:15 PM

Re: The Mental Game - Dealing with variance

I think that The_Bowler is TheBryce's new name..

Grandezza 11-25-2007 12:28 PM

you should read the poker mindset. oh wait I did that then went and busoted my roll in bj

Gullanian 11-25-2007 12:49 PM

Take a break for a few weeks, it clears everything up. Don't get sucked into hating what happens it only leads to losing money. After 2 weeks, you will feel remotivated and fresh and you would of forgotten about your losing sessions.

The_Bowler 11-25-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take a break for a few weeks, it clears everything up. Don't get sucked into hating what happens it only leads to losing money. After 2 weeks, you will feel remotivated and fresh and you would of forgotten about your losing sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the thoughts and replies...
This seems like the consensus idea, if you are not in the right frame of mind to play, then don't. Take a break, take as long as you need to get your mind right...
maybe thats a good nights sleep...
maybe a few days off...
Take the time U need...

Thanks again,
The_Bowler

chuckbomb 11-25-2007 01:01 PM

This was probably the wrong forum to post this in, as this forum is filled with a bunch of 19 year olds who like to goof on each other. That being said, good post, this is something I used to deal with too.
I think the only way to really get aound this is to loosen up your game. You say you hate losing sessions - this mindset is indicative of a somewhat nitty style of play. Only after I learned to splash around a bit did I learn not to sweat a loss.
This was because:

a. My losing sessions were more frequent, so they became easier to take in stride.
b. I started to book a whole lot of big wins, which increased my overall winrate.

I would look into trying to loosen things up. It's uncomfortable at first, but if you can do it correctly it's greater +EV and will help you conquer your hatred of losing. Best of luck.

The_Bowler 11-25-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was probably the wrong forum to post this in, as this forum is filled with a bunch of 19 year olds who like to goof on each other. That being said, good post, this is something I used to deal with too.
I think the only way to really get aound this is to loosen up your game. You say you hate losing sessions - this mindset is indicative of a somewhat nitty style of play. Only after I learned to splash around a bit did I learn not to sweat a loss.
This was because:

a. My losing sessions were more frequent, so they became easier to take in stride.
b. I started to book a whole lot of big wins, which increased my overall winrate.

I would look into trying to loosen things up. It's uncomfortable at first, but if you can do it correctly it's greater +EV and will help you conquer your hatred of losing. Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would say that I lean towards tight, but not too...
28.63 overall / Showdown 20.81 / Winning 53.3 at showdown/ pf raising 7.62%/

Agg flop 3.7%, Turn 2.46, river 1.58 Overall Af=2.94

Your thoughts?

And as for the right forum to post in, could you ercommend?

Thanks
Bowler

PsYcOsNiPeR 11-25-2007 01:50 PM

pf raise at 7.62? wow raise more