Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Was i really dumb?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553993)

[Phill] 11-25-2007 08:35 AM

Re: Was i really dumb??

[ QUOTE ]
actually transfer went through in 5 mins. so nanananana from galway is a stand up guy. who i noticed won a seat to million today so if he plays i hope karma comes back to him

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your good luck, and i dont mean getting HU in an 11/180.

Crazy Porto 11-25-2007 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually transfer went through in 5 mins. so nanananana from galway is a stand up guy. who i noticed won a seat to million today so if he plays i hope karma comes back to him

[/ QUOTE ]

paging the nigerian connection..

enjoileo 11-25-2007 08:42 AM

I think that poker players are, for the most part, honest. However there are always going to be people who will rip you off, especially in this situation. Surely as a poker player you know that anything can happen, and yes, while it would be a bad beat if someone scammed you, why leave any possiblity of it happening?

Mr_Moore 11-25-2007 08:49 AM

Generally speaking i think that it seems foolish to depend on another person to get your money. If you make a deal i think that you should rely on the staff to take care of it.

JokersAttack 11-25-2007 09:59 AM

If there's a clear chat log detailing the shared intention to chop, it'd be hard to get away with I'd imagine, but still, you shouldn't leave these things to chance, especially when the money means so much to you need to chop it.

gregorio 11-25-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You get good karma now just from not [censored] people over.

betgo 11-25-2007 11:49 AM

Tech support will chop for you on Stars. On some other sites, someone would have to be trusted to transfer the money.

Resistance 11-25-2007 11:57 AM

Don't be results oriented, what you did was definitely -EV

unlucky4me 11-25-2007 12:12 PM

Poker might be a game of deceit but that doesn't mean the players can't be trusted. A real poker player could be trusted. Maybe not some of the wet behind the ears punk kids. Maybe you will never need to borrow money.

chisness 11-25-2007 01:03 PM

I thought I remembered Stars saying if there was agreement in chat then they would make sure the transfer happens later (unless the guy lost all his money). Also, you could've just called them to come while you guys sat out. Overall, I wouldn't trust a random $20 player and would only do that with someone known as trustworthy without Stars intervention.