Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   c/c, c/c, shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553638)

Paul Thomson 11-24-2007 06:33 PM

Re: c/c, c/c, shove

i'd call this all day as well.

orange 11-24-2007 07:55 PM

you guys really think he's doing this with AJ?

Paul Thomson 11-24-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys really think he's doing this with AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just don't know what he isn't raising sooner?

AllIn3High 11-24-2007 08:04 PM

If he was 40/20 or something, I could find a call, but this is so rarely anything less than 2pair from a decentish player, this seems to be the standard line vs. aggro players who will fire 2 barrels w/ a lot of hands. This bet usually means: Glad you bet the two previous streets, now I can't allow you to check behind vs. my good hand.

bilbo-san 11-24-2007 08:37 PM

a) BvB
b) You have TPTK
c) Only 2-pair+ hand he doesn't find a raise with earlier is A5, because 75s doesn't fit with the fact that the 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is on the flop.

a + b + c = call.

Ace0fSpades 11-24-2007 08:44 PM

Nobody is considering that this could be AQ or a set slowplaying us? Villain's AF seems decently high, so it is uncharacteristic that he c/c so much with a draw. It seems stupid to neglect villain's AF for the c/c on the flop and turn but then justify that the river shove could be missed clubs by saying he has an AF of 3 and is therefore capable of such a bluff.

Jer672 11-24-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody is considering that this could be AQ or a set slowplaying us? Villain's AF seems decently high, so it is uncharacteristic that he c/c so much with a draw. It seems stupid to neglect villain's AF for the c/c on the flop and turn but then justify that the river shove could be missed clubs by saying he has an AF of 3 and is therefore capable of such a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ or a pair would have raised PF not just limped from the SB. I would be wary of AT but I don't think that makes up enough of his range to justify a fold. I would expect a FD the most and likely call about 80% of the time.

kaby 11-24-2007 10:08 PM

weird line + BvB + read that he stacks off somewhat light + TPTK + getting more than 2:1 = call

Fonkey123 11-24-2007 10:23 PM

Call, but don't feel happy at all about it. Since he's a regular I think this is a real good time to make a VERY SLIGHTLY ev at worst call and make a note.

straightaway 11-24-2007 10:51 PM

I fold here, I just don't see what he could have that you beat. He could be weirdly playing two pair or better. I don't think the missed flush draw just open jams the river.