Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Two hands where i fold like a girl against Annette in the 109r (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553619)

shaundeeb 11-25-2007 12:05 AM

Re: Two hands where i fold like a girl against Annette in the 109r

[ QUOTE ]
2nd i like... 1st is iffy but it's a tough spot. it might be somewhat results oriented or seem that way, but i often just go in c/c mode from square one vs someone so aggro OOP. it disguises the strength of your hand a ton and commits fewer chips to the pot on a gross board

[/ QUOTE ]

get off my strategy thanks.

JSchnett 11-25-2007 12:50 AM

I think check calling in #1 is good. As played I fold.
#2 I think is fine.

WarDekar 11-25-2007 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2nd i like... 1st is iffy but it's a tough spot. it might be somewhat results oriented or seem that way, but i often just go in c/c mode from square one vs someone so aggro OOP. it disguises the strength of your hand a ton and commits fewer chips to the pot on a gross board

[/ QUOTE ]

get off my strategy thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at your strategy, I'm a check/calling machine!

shaundeeb 11-25-2007 03:09 AM

psh I've used it more then anyone so it's mine by pure numbers.

Weezey Baby 11-25-2007 03:50 AM

I would like to hear how people justify the second fold. I am a little indifferent about the second fold, I don't hate it necessarily but I am not a big fan of it. After backing out of the first had to so many draws I find it difficult to lay down the 99 when she can have a such a large range of hands that doesn't beat you. I think that the level of respect for her is to great after you folded hand #1. Let me know what people think because I would like to learn the justification of folding #2!

WarDekar 11-25-2007 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
psh I've used it more then anyone so it's mine by pure numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay break out your PT database and we'll look at % of times we've done it out of our overall hands, I bet I win, I'm WAYYYY more of a station than you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

shaundeeb 11-25-2007 05:21 AM

you may be a higher % but since I prob played like 20x more tourney hands I would win by shear volume

LDO as schaefer would say

g-p 11-25-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it disguises the strength of your hand a ton

[/ QUOTE ]
does it?

WarDekar 11-25-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it disguises the strength of your hand a ton

[/ QUOTE ]
does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because we're checking back tons of made hands as well (at least, I am)

This is obviously opponent and somewhat board dependent, but on monotone flops I generally will check behind things like a pair here as well as some stronger holdings like a pair+ or maybe OESD+FD something that I'm not exactly thrilled when I get shoved over.

Betting hands things like pure air (because folding to a shove is fine and if he calls shutting down is easy), sets because I want to get it in with those, etc.

A good opponent might be able to narrow my range for checking behind here to things like pair, but if I'm also checking back things like made flushes or w/e then he's in for a world of hurt assuming I'm only checking back a Ten, so yes, it disguises our hand.