Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Battling Flop Miniraises from Regs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553244)

pineapple888 11-24-2007 12:55 AM

Re: Battling Flop Miniraises from Regs

[ QUOTE ]
I almost never see regs at FTP minraise, so I can't comment too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it sometimes. I do it sometimes. It's just a way to F with people whether you have the goods, air, or something in-between.

Unknown Soldier 11-24-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who knows. Read-, image-, history-dependent. I don't hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, really hard to answer

myke11 11-24-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r the flop if you want to get fancy.

I dont hate it...its just so read/image/history dependant that we can't really give advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not check raise the flop please

terp 11-24-2007 02:10 AM

ChilliWilly15 (9:55:00 PM): at least bump that

obligatory bump

Speedlimits 11-24-2007 02:44 AM

this is pretty good. repping an overpair.

looks like villain has 77-jj/67s

holdme 11-24-2007 02:46 AM

i like it if you think hes fos

NoahSD 11-24-2007 02:53 AM

With a certain sort of metagame, I like this line.

Your c-bet range should be like overpairs/78/total air. So given that range, it doesn't make sense for him to raise your c-bet small with a set. But it does make sense to minraise your c-bet as a bluff.

On the turn he can def expect you to fold the weaker end of your range, and can def expect you to c/r the stronger end of your range, so it makes sense for him to continue and your line looks credible.

That said, the read you gave doesn't really convince me that this sort of metagame exists. NL200 regs do weird [censored] for value cause lots of them suck. Plus, I think you come off a bit FPSy, so people are probably more likely to take this line against you with a strong hand to try and induce some FPS.

Also, check/fold the flop.

tubasteve 11-24-2007 04:41 AM

i think you got owned in this one tbh, especially if he knows youre known for spewing a lot

FoldEqu1ty 11-24-2007 04:48 AM

I hate it. I see absolutely no reason to bet that flop. If you're going to need to "play poker" to make this reg fold his fair share of hands, then it's best to do it with more than a bet or two behind you.

imo, then best line by far is to check turn and then dance / make it rain / play poker. You can rep an overpair pretty convincingly by checking behind that flop and waking up later.

Dire 11-24-2007 04:51 AM

I can't recall hardly ever being minraised on the flop by a winning Stars $200 regular. Share who villain was?