Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Effectiveness of spreading a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552509)

MicroBob 11-22-2007 10:04 PM

Re: Effectiveness of spread a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

watch the game at a bar or on the internet.
Not ideal of course, but it's better than nothing.

Franchise 60 11-22-2007 10:06 PM

The backlash is really going to start to pick up over the Dallas/GB game, then its just going to keep gaining steam up to the Pats/NY game imo.

bones 11-22-2007 10:11 PM

I can't imagine them taking it off the network. The best way to promote the network is to put games on that are actually worth watching.

Pudge714 11-23-2007 12:25 AM

Is the problem that some cable providers don't carry the NFLN or that some people don't want to pay $8 to get the game or both?

Triumph36 11-23-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the problem that some cable providers don't carry the NFLN or that some people don't want to pay $8 to get the game or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

both.

but some providers simply do not carry it - the NFL wants it on the basic tier, and is using the games as ransom.

capone0 11-23-2007 12:28 AM

Boys, GB-Dallas is next week. That game will atleast be competitive. It's on NFL network only as well e/c in local markets.

Jurollo 11-23-2007 12:31 AM

The $8 is fine, whatever, big deal. Its the principle of having to buy the NFL's network to see a local game

Golden_Rhino 11-23-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boys, GB-Dallas is next week. That game will atleast be competitive. It's on NFL network only as well e/c in local markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Packers fan and I fear the Pack will get smoked. They have had a pretty easy sched so far. The Cowboys >>>>>>>>>than anyone the Packers have played.

capone0 11-23-2007 12:38 AM

Not a great comparison. Cowboys at worst are a top 5 team. At best might be the 3rd or 2nd best team in the league.

I'll admit I don't like either team but it should be a good game. Pack plays close games.

SBR 11-23-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Packers fan and I fear the Pack will get smoked. They have had a pretty easy sched so far. The Cowboys >>>>>>>>>than anyone the Packers have played.

[/ QUOTE ]

True but the Packers >>>>>>>>> anyone the Cowboys have beat.