Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   QA on QQJ board in a reraised pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552392)

Waingro 11-22-2007 08:09 PM

Re: QA on QQJ board in a reraised pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is your flop bet so big? I would bet about $4 and hope I get raised
As played, call on the turn, you beat AA and KK, that are likely, you have 9 outs to win and 3 outs to tie with AK, against JJ and TT you are almost dead, but given pot odds 1.9:1 it's easy call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was stuck and steamed, and wanted to bust him if he had had AA/KK. I wanted to play for the stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you wanted to play for stacks and... exactly what changed? Actually playing for stacks? I canīt see how playing like this and then folding can be a good idea vs any opponent. If you donīt think he will ever shove with worse, I really hate your flop and turn play.

As for the how the hand played out, callcallcallcallcallfistpumpcallcallcallcall.

Gullanian 11-22-2007 08:11 PM

Put him on a decisions for all his chips

kav 11-22-2007 08:12 PM

He's not passive. Actually he's pretty aggressive for his VPIP. I can see him playing AA/KK like that and we have outs against AK/JJ so I call.

Also, I really like a flop CR!

Advent 11-22-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is your flop bet so big? I would bet about $4 and hope I get raised
As played, call on the turn, you beat AA and KK, that are likely, you have 9 outs to win and 3 outs to tie with AK, against JJ and TT you are almost dead, but given pot odds 1.9:1 it's easy call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was stuck and steamed, and wanted to bust him if he had had AA/KK. I wanted to play for the stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you wanted to play for stacks and... exactly what changed? Actually playing for stacks? I canīt see how playing like this and then folding can be a good idea vs any opponent. If you donīt think he will ever shove with worse, I really hate your flop and turn play.

As for the how the hand played out, callcallcallcallcallfistpumpcallcallcallcall.

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean i wanted to play for the stacks, but I did not like turn(he may have AK) and Im not sure if playing for stacks against this opponent is right in this spot.

Advent 11-22-2007 08:21 PM

Im thinking about C/R flop, If someone checkraised me in this spot when I had aces I would put villian on three of a kind. I think I would get away with my overpair on the turn..but this player is a callingstat/fish who played bad earlier tonight against other players and got lucky, he may not release AA/KK here...I think C/R screams strentgh

bsball8806 11-22-2007 08:34 PM

can't find a fold here..shove.

Advent 11-23-2007 07:54 AM

Do you generally think its a better idea when you flop set to C/R rather than bet right into preflopagressor ?

Profish2285 11-23-2007 08:52 AM

In general I dont lead when I flop trips if its HU but that could be wrong. I dont lead when I flop a set either if its HU. If its multiway I lead with sets. Donking isnt really a big part of my game but hey, Im always up for new ideas.

Advent 11-23-2007 11:25 AM

Ok. Are you ready for the results?
I called and he had K9. The turn gave him a straight.

Turn was a blank and he won the pot. I wonder if he would fold his straightdraw if i would C/R instead of donk?

Parvex 11-23-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am insta calling the turn. No way can I fold that hand to a player with those stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prolly cant even fold against a player with better looking stats. Easy call here indeed.