Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Top set (deepish) on SOAKING wet board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552298)

Ganon 11-22-2007 03:40 PM

Re: Top set on SOAKING wet board.

Salut. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's annoying that we're deep here. However I would still prefer to B3B the flop since we have top set. We max out the value vs the two lower sets and worst case scenario we have like 40% equity. We also charge him for drawing with Ah.

loosbastard 11-22-2007 06:40 PM

any other votes for 3-bet?

the machine 11-22-2007 06:41 PM

id like you to respond to my question about how its better to get it in on the turn.

loosbastard 11-22-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id like you to respond to my question about how its better to get it in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because equity wise it isn't going to make much of a difference either way: a)he has 22/44 and is crushed or b)he flopped a flush and I'm drawing to 7 outs. My equity against a flush doesn't change all THAT much from the flop to the turn. That, combined w/ the fact that I think his range for getting it on the flop is much stronger than the turn, is what made me take this line.

gawdawaful 11-22-2007 07:14 PM

turn could be a scare card that kills your action vs 222/444 though loos

the machine 11-22-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because equity wise it isn't going to make much of a difference either way: a)he has 22/44 and is crushed or b)he flopped a flush and I'm drawing to 7 outs. My equity against a flush doesn't change all THAT much from the flop to the turn. That, combined w/ the fact that I think his range for getting it on the flop is much stronger than the turn, is what made me take this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he flopped a flush you have 9 outs on the turn and 10 on the river.

there are other cards besides 22 and 44

he may have 2 overs + draw which against a hand like 99 he has great equity, an overpair plus draw.

anyhow your equity if he does have a flush changes significantly you go from 2:1 to almost 4:1 dog. we see both card when we get it in on the flop

loosbastard 11-22-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2:1 to almost 4:1 dog

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 3:1 dog on the turn...not 4. And maybe I'm way off on this, but if I've already decided the money is going in somewhere (barring a blank turn), then why does it even really matter what my actual equity is. I'm playing against his range, and like I mentioned earlier, I think his range for getting it in on the flop this deep is much stronger than w/ the line I took since he'll sometimes shove over me w/ the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

the machine 11-22-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2:1 to almost 4:1 dog

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 3:1 dog on the turn...not 4. And maybe I'm way off on this, but if I've already decided the money is going in somewhere (barring a blank turn), then why does it even really matter what my actual equity is. I'm playing against his range, and like I mentioned earlier, I think his range for getting it in on the flop this deep is much stronger than w/ the line I took since he'll sometimes shove over me w/ the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i understand your point now. i still think i get it in on the flop, a heart might kill your action as well. but yes granted that its already set that the money is going in then i understand and dont mind your line

McRoNiX 11-22-2007 07:41 PM

I hate being this deep and oop here. 100bbs is obvious 3 bet on flop imo but not so sure this deep hmm....
3bet flop and try to get it in here a lot I think. You have a good few outs like mentioned above.

nath 11-22-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My equity against a flush doesn't change all THAT much from the flop to the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure going from 35% to 20% is, in fact, significant.

[ QUOTE ]
I think his range for getting it on the flop is much stronger than the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm also pretty sure this is wrong.