Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   4bet JJ OOP against agressive button (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551812)

XHitman014 11-21-2007 10:06 PM

Re: 4bet JJ OOP against agressive button

[ QUOTE ]
Say we CC his flop bet, then it becomes an easy bet/fold?

Also, shouldnt he be bluffing this flop with basically whatever he got here with, and how many K's are in his range?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we c/c the flop, all the money is in the pot.

Golfdish 11-21-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tbh i wouldnt have folded to a shove, his range is too much AK when he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize we beat AK PF right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. hence not folding, im not sure we have that much eqity though, pretty sure we cant assume he's pushing AK every time. FWIW this is my first 4bet on this table

Golfdish 11-21-2007 10:08 PM

Sorry that was supposed to be cold call his preflop bet, then it becomes an easy bet/fold?

XHitman014 11-21-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry that was supposed to be cold call his preflop bet, then it becomes an easy bet/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is already 60, if we bet, we can't fold.

Even if we bet half pot...are we really going to fold getting 5 to 1 odds?

*I can't read lol. I don't think it's easy b/f. It depends on bet sizing by villian...we're going to want to show our hand down as cheaply as possible. If villian calls, we c/f turn probably...if he raises flop bet, most likely a b/f against all but the most aggressive guys.

Golfdish 11-21-2007 10:22 PM

if we cold call his 3bet pf, instead of 3betting then the pot is 25ish.

Also thought id ask, as played: if its all undercards on the flop i assume most people would say to push right?

if this is the case, then doesnt it all depend on how often he is flatting with AK or KQ on our 4bet?

jc1418 11-21-2007 10:27 PM

what is the play here given opponent? Most of you call the reraise pre and check raise the flop? Do you play AA the same?

Ranma4703 11-21-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the play here given opponent? Most of you call the reraise pre and check raise the flop? Do you play AA the same?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the typical plan when someone is 3betting light is to call and check/raise all in with strong made hands and strong draws. So this flop would be a check/push with AK, AA, KK, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4s5s, 6s7s, maybe KQ, any set, the idea being they can either fold all their TP type hands, thus losing equity vs all the draws, or they can call with all their tp type hands and lose to the overpairs, TPTK, set type hands.

Floyd13 11-21-2007 11:10 PM

With your read of villian we have to shove this PF. You're miles ahead of his range and can't really make a mistake. When you 4bet small you're gonna have a lot of ugly flops.

As played if he is aggro after the flop, then I'm c/c all in. Don't like it but not much else you can do at that point.