Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Straight out of Sklansky, boom headshot edition (200NL) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551316)

Nick Royale 11-21-2007 10:22 AM

Re: Straight out of Sklansky, boom headshot edition (200NL)

[ QUOTE ]
goofy smallish raise

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. 140ish

BombayBadboy 11-21-2007 10:40 AM

Shoving is kind of an overbet (we have 250 behind) and it might scare him away. I think I like a small raise.

Clayton 11-21-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont get it, why would you only want to raise to $135 or w/e instead of just shoving? do you think he calls with a lighter range? or do you think hes not calling a shove with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but will call another $75?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i make it 135 i am liable to represent just about any good diamond value raising, and figure to get paid off a higher %

another thing to consider is that this player is prolly playing on close to case money

that said, given all the info available i do think its a fairly close decision

DaycareInferno 11-21-2007 11:36 AM

i think shoving is better, given your image and how bad your opponent is. not that its a slam dunk or anything, but i think it will net the most on average vs. this guy in this situation. he probably either calls or he doesn't, nomatter what you do.

Casper05 11-21-2007 11:36 AM

shove it in, hope he has the T

DaycareInferno 11-21-2007 11:44 AM

i should add that in most hands of my own that i can remember where a bad player took this line, they were almost always:

a)bluffing
b)never folding

djj6835 11-21-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i should add that in most hands of my own that i can remember where a bad player took this line, they were almost always:

a)bluffing
b)never folding

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically what I was thinking. He either has next to nothing and will fold for any amount or he has a decent flush and is never folding. I would just shove.

I really don't think this is ever some marginal diamond that will look you up if you raise small.

edit: if he bet like 40 I would like a small raise more, but his bet size looks more like straight value with a good diamond or a bluff.

VPIP100 11-21-2007 12:02 PM

I like shoving here.

Kapten 11-21-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like shoving here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imrahil 11-21-2007 12:18 PM

I like shoving because of his line and that he's not a solid player so he would think that he must call a shove w/ the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] because he has the second nuts.

EDIT: Didn't see stack sizes. I guess I'd maybe raise to $150 or so. But I still think a shove may be best as I think it looks weaker.