Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   10/20: What can he have? What can I beat? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551135)

ssmallz 11-24-2007 01:58 PM

Re: 10/20: What can he have? What can I beat?

I like cc'ing the flop and reevalutating. I don't really like putting in too many bets on the flop or turn and I'm perfectly content to watch pf capper bet.

surfdoc 11-24-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have stopped the action at the flop and asked for a discussion of flop turn lines. I think a checkraise on the flop is better, I think the river action is very good, but there's a problem with the hand as a whole and that not enough money went into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like a flop CR? I think it's time to play defense. Whenever a lot of bets go in here we are almost always beaten badly and occasionally chopping.

mongidig 11-24-2007 10:58 PM

I would just play this hand as though I had the best hand until told otherwise. Therefore, I would try to get the most money in while I think I am ahead which means check-raise the flop. If MP3 three bets then I just call down(uninproved). If he calls the flop and raises the turn I would still call down. Against certain aggressive players or free showdown raise type players I would three bet the turn if raised. Against an unknown I am going to showdown almost always.

HOWMANY 11-24-2007 11:06 PM

you realize this is a 10 handed poker game right?

mongidig 11-24-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you realize this is a 10 handed poker game right?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

HOWMANY 11-24-2007 11:24 PM

what is your coldcapping range in this spot preflop?

mongidig 11-24-2007 11:35 PM

QQ+
AKo
JJ,TT(If the raisers are loose)

In the games I play in I see lots of interesting hands that are capped in this situation 89s(Asian players) AJ,AT, Middle pairs etc.

In the absence of information I keep an open mind.

What parts of my analysis do you disagree with in my original post? I will admit I usually play in 9 handed games.

HOWMANY 11-24-2007 11:41 PM

the part where we should think we have the best hand until told otherwise. im a spazz and i would probably just c/c c/c c/c here. after he checks turn like he did this time i am betting river and wouldn't really be surprised if we lost when we get called but by that point i think we have enough reason to believe he has capped 88-99 or some random 2 broadways he will now pay with which is something i do not generally give people credit for pf. i was going to suggest maybe c/c c/c b/f but just as i was going to type it i remembered a convo mike l and i had about this where it was like "b/f in these spots is stupid because you are expecting to get raised so often"

mongidig 11-24-2007 11:48 PM

I play live and there are times when you know the coldcapper has a monster and there are times when you know he is capping because it is fun.

Absent any reads I could definately see playing it your way.

StrictlyStrategy 11-25-2007 12:39 AM

Sean what do you think of a turn donk given the PF and flop action