Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   88 at flop A66 and donk bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550953)

Aaron W. 11-21-2007 01:04 AM

Re: 88 at flop A66 and donk bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good point. The turn hasn't changed anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

We now have a much stronger reason to believe that UTG+2 has a pair of somethings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant in relation to peeling the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in relation to peeling the flop. When he calls the first bet, you think he probably has a pair of somethings, but there's an outside chance he's just making a loose peel with two big cards because he doesn't believe villain has an ace, but might have a medium pocket pair or something. But when he calls again, his range is either a backdoor flush draw (unlikely) or a pair (very likely).

KitCloudkicker 11-21-2007 01:53 AM

dont overcall the flop

Douglas Leslie 11-21-2007 03:23 AM

In middle position I just call this pre-flop. I fold the flop without too much thought. One of them has us beaten.

maverickai 11-21-2007 03:40 AM

UTG1 don't look too aggro to me, but the fact that he called, mean's hes got an A, or a trips. this flop's not good for flush or straight draws, but only Ax, a monster, or stronger pair might stay around. You have only 2 outs, and even if you have the best hand now, 88 might not hold up till the river.

But hey, BB's postflop agg is infinity! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] He's playing anything postflop!

Gib 11-21-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In middle position I just call this pre-flop. I fold the flop without too much thought. One of them has us beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
PF is pretty much standard

neurotiq 11-21-2007 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PF is pretty much standard

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In HJ, I'm pretty much always raising this with only one limper in front.

Douglas Leslie 11-21-2007 04:57 AM

Don't know about it being standard. It certainly isn't what is recommended in SSHE. The only time that it advocates raising 88 is from late position against one loose limper. The limper in this case isn't loose and we are in middle position. Why not limp in and hope for some multi-way action if we hit our set?

JJack 11-21-2007 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know about it being standard. It certainly isn't what is recommended in SSHE. The only time that it advocates raising 88 is from late position against one loose limper. The limper in this case isn't loose and we are in middle position. Why not limp in and hope for some multi-way action if we hit our set?

[/ QUOTE ]

middle pocet pair likes 1-2 villainas or 4 and more.
we are to close LP and we cant play multiway pot but we have big chance to play 2-3way pot.

Mitke 11-21-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because with only CO, BTN and blinds left to act the chance of getting enough multiway action for set implied odds isn't going to happen very often. If the rest of the table is anything like these two guys, getting enough limpers behind isn't likely at all.

Fadook 11-21-2007 07:45 AM

A possible fit-or-folder donks and a tight player calls that flop? Fold.