Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Strange spot with AA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550762)

whorasaurus 11-20-2007 06:48 PM

Re: Strange spot with AA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice fold.
SB played this hand perfect with anything that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also with JJ/TT apparently. Since he can valuetown BB and bluff out us at the same time.

Edit: Strange. The post I quoted got deleted?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, SB has postflop aggro of 3. I don't see that c/c this flop and then being like "sweet, no overcards came, I'm going to take this down."

I guess I'm for a fold b/c I'm assuming SB is good, as the OP indicates. If you think he's not so good, then push. BB will probably call.

RiverHebrew2 11-20-2007 06:52 PM

I'd say ez fold.

Unarmed 11-20-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice fold.
SB played this hand perfect with anything that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also with JJ/TT apparently. Since he can valuetown BB and bluff out us at the same time.

Edit: Strange. The post I quoted got deleted?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was mine. I posted and then didn't feel like writing more so I deleted it. I don't like making one line responses whenever I get the energy to actually contribute. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, its a fold b/c of what everyone already said. He doesn't have many overpairs in his range given OP opened button and he's 23/19. Even if he has some overpairs in his range he's not betting the turn enough with them. Give me a read on OP or something but against a rando TAG I muck.

Melchiades 11-20-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm for a fold b/c I'm assuming SB is good, as the OP indicates. If you think he's not so good, then push. BB will probably call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have taken this line with 99/TT as SB, knowing that it puts a lot of pressure on Hero while I can valuetown BB. I didn't realize I could get Hero to fold a hand as good as AA. But that makes the line even better. I have no idea why you think SB "is not" if he decides to lead this turn with an overpair.

FionnMac 11-20-2007 09:20 PM

results were tilt-inducing...SB had 89hh for oesd and hit on the river, fish paid him off on the river with K3o

gfeahfgzhfjnfxjffxfmfz

whorasaurus 11-20-2007 09:20 PM

i kinda feel you're leveling yourself into a push here. I don't know. we need results, AMIRITE?

whorasaurus 11-20-2007 09:22 PM

well, at least i was right that he didn't have the overpair...pm the SB name plz?

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, SB has postflop aggro of 3. I don't see that c/c this flop and then being like "sweet, no overcards came, I'm going to take this down."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this is exactly what he was thinking, LOLLLLL

Melchiades 11-20-2007 09:31 PM

Still think it's a sweet line with overpair. Absolutely awful with his actual hand though, considering the fish is never folding anything and he has 9 high.

FionnMac 11-20-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely awful with his actual hand though

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. of course i told him that in the chat too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Melchiades 11-20-2007 10:03 PM

But of course, hahahahaha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]