Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   1/2: Thought it was a Cooler (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550564)

CalledDownLight 11-20-2007 01:09 PM

Re: 1/2: Thought it was a Cooler

When I said that I don't like the 3bet I mean that I don't like it against karl. I think its fine as a standard vs. unknowns.

HitmanHaydon 11-20-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I said that I don't like the 3bet I mean that I don't like it against karl. I think its fine as a standard vs. unknowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would say his calling range would be vs a 3bet OOP?
I've only played a few hands with him but I reckon it would be prety tight.

CalledDownLight 11-20-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would say his calling range would be vs a 3bet OOP?
I've only played a few hands with him but I reckon it would be prety tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably most pairs and AK. Maybe AQ. I don't have a ton of hands vs. him though. Occasionally a AXs.

PenguinExpress 11-20-2007 02:11 PM

This is a very good spot to check behind on the flop.

Why do you think it makes a difference whether you pot the flop or bet 40 as you did?

too eazy 11-20-2007 02:18 PM

if you 3bet AJ and hit TPTK you can't fold. if you're 3betting someone who is only shoving the nuts on this flop, don't 3bet AJ.

gg.

QTip 11-20-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Karl is one of the more aggressive raising regs at ps 1/2.

SABR42 11-20-2007 04:58 PM

Wow at all the nitty advice here.

Anything other than bet/call on this flop is just horrible. And why would you want to bet pot? It screams "overpair" so villain is less likely to shove worse.

Totally standard hand.

AllTheCheese 11-20-2007 05:17 PM

A Villain check-shoving 99 or air here is very nonstandard. Come up with a reasonable shoving range for which calling a shove is not ~break-even or worse for us.

SABR42 11-20-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A Villain check-shoving 99 or air here is very nonstandard. Come up with a reasonable shoving range for which calling a shove is not ~break-even or worse for us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's see, random pocket pairs and flush draws?

Anything other than bet/call is just bad, I mean what flop were you hoping for? K-Q-T? If bet/calling this flop is not profitable, then don't 3-bet this pf.

AllTheCheese 11-20-2007 05:29 PM

So like standard for TAG Villain to flat-call a reraise for 15% of his stack OOP with pocket 4s and then check-shove when he misses?