Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   new custom pc post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550523)

Bremen 11-21-2007 03:01 AM

Re: new custom pc post

[ QUOTE ]
i think the C2D > AMD comments are more relative to the higher end - Q6600 and E6850 are allegedly significantly ahead of AMD. it seems to me that the Q6600 would be a huge bargain for poker players at the moment.

At the lower end, just get whichever is cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no doubt that Intel owns the top line processors at the moment. But a number of people here have claimed, quite vigorously, that Intel performance dollar for dollar is better across the entire range. I simply don't believe this is true. Especially with some of the deals you can get on AMD/ATI combos. I may even get an ATI card now that they seem to be taking linux drivers seriously.

Josem 11-21-2007 03:17 AM

anandtech repeatedly claim it to be the case; they seem to take into account price differentials.

they've got a comparison article on their front page right now comparing the ATI 3870, 3850 and the nVidia 8800 variants.

Bremen 11-21-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they've got a comparison article on their front page right now comparing the ATI 3870, 3850 and the nVidia 8800 variants.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was referring to an integrated solution [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I don't like spending more than $100 on a processor, lord help me if I spent that much on a GPU. Now if PS offered a 8800GTS using FPP then I'd be in heaven!

sightless 11-21-2007 07:58 PM

thank you all

Beavis68 11-21-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's no doubt that Intel owns the top line processors at the moment. But a number of people here have claimed, quite vigorously, that Intel performance dollar for dollar is better across the entire range. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the biggest intel supporters here, and I don't think I have ever said that or heard it.

Bremen 11-21-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There's no doubt that Intel owns the top line processors at the moment. But a number of people here have claimed, quite vigorously, that Intel performance dollar for dollar is better across the entire range. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the biggest intel supporters here, and I don't think I have ever said that or heard it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this thread:
[ QUOTE ]

Core 2 Duo

[/ QUOTE ]
Without explaining your statement one has to assume you think it is better in every way.

Beavis68 11-21-2007 09:45 PM

that is what you get for assuming.

Bremen 11-21-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that is what you get for assuming.

[/ QUOTE ]You leave people no other options.